PDA

View Full Version : Bait Car. Disturbing video.

Dr Caleb
06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
It's a program that's used in some cities around here. The RCMP use highly stolen models of cars, fit them with nice wheels or stereos multiple internal cameras, remote engine kills and GPS tracking systems. Then they leave them in a place where cars get stolen lots.

This has to be one of the most disturbing videos out of the program yet. A guy, hopped up on crank, driving full speed through residential streets. Not stopping for anything. Yikes!

http://www.baitcar.com/videos/oncoming

http://www.baitcar.com/

My favourite video is of one guy who's driving along in a freshly stolen bait car with several friends looking to steal more cars, and points out a bunch of really nice cars saying "See those, they are bait cars . .. " :rofl:

SouLRioT
06-14-2005, 07:52 AM
I can't see the vids from work, but we have a few here, not sure if they have cameras inside or not, but man I wish I could see their face when the order is given to kill the car's engine.

DEFYANT
06-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Why didnt they kill the engine in that trucks engine??

Dr Caleb
06-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Why didnt they kill the engine in that trucks engine??

It's on the page I linked to:

<blockquote>Why didn't police disable the engine right away? At the time of this incident, the bait car program had been up and running for only one month. The engine disabling policy at that time dictated that a bait car engine should only be disabled if the bait car is being driven slowly or is stopped, so that the driver would not lose power steering and power brakes. When this bait truck first took off from police, the responding officer called for the engine to be disabled, but this request was denied since the dispatcher could see the high speeds of the truck on the computer monitor and followed the policy that was in effect at that time. As the vehicle fled and didn't slow down, an attempt to disable the engine was made, but the cellular coverage in this particlar area of rural Aldergrove was weak and electronic communication between the dispatch centre and the bait truck was lost for a long period of time. When communications were re-established, the suspect was getting out of the truck and stealing his next vehicle to escape.
</blockquote>