PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT's a Marauder!

Mad4Macs
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
http://www.chickslovethecar.com/tumbler.asp

Petrograde
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
This is truely bad ass! I want one!

SPECS:

2.5 tons
9 feet 4 inches wide
15 feet long
HOOSIER racetrack tires on front
4 Rear 44 inch SUPER SWAMPERS, a our wheel drive conversion component
Jet burner in rear with vector controls for the jet
Backend flaps for quick stops
Landing Hook
Enabled with front-firing machine guns
Built-in safety link for petrol control
Built-in fire extinguisher system
Front wheels on bolted arms for an axel-less front end
Conventional single axel rear end

http://www.chickslovethecar.com/images/tumbler/prototype.jpg

http://www.chickslovethecar.com/images/tumbler/tumbler_1.jpg

:up: :uzi: :bows:

Bluerauder
06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
This is truely bad ass! I want one!
Yeah, but I wonder what kinda gas mileage it gets and whether I can squeak out a little more if I mix 87 Octane with some 93 every other tankful. :rofl:

QWK SVT
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
When can I find one on a dealer's lot? I must have one! I think the morning commuters would move out of my way faster with one of those. ;)

Big House
06-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Don't wait for them to move run them over.

fastblackmerc
06-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Don't wait for them to move run them over.
It's the new Batmobile.

twolow
06-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Its running on a Chevy 350 too.

MENINBLK
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Its running on a Chevy 350 too.
With an "AFTERBURNER".

twolow
06-17-2005, 01:27 PM
With an "AFTERBURNER".
More like a propane burner gutted from a backyard grille :)

jgc61sr2002
06-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but I wonder what kinda gas mileage it gets and whether I can squeak out a little more if I mix 87 Octane with some 93 every other tankful. :rofl:

I would say 2 gallons per mile. :rofl: :laugh:

metroplex
06-17-2005, 03:18 PM
2.5 tons
9 feet 4 inches wide
15 feet long
HOOSIER racetrack tires on front
4 Rear 44 inch SUPER SWAMPERS, a our wheel drive conversion component
Jet burner in rear with vector controls for the jet
Backend flaps for quick stops
Landing Hook
Enabled with front-firing machine guns
Built-in safety link for petrol control
Built-in fire extinguisher system
Front wheels on bolted arms for an axel-less front end
Conventional single axel rear end
2.5 tons = 5000 lb, big deal. That's considered a light tactical vehicle, same category as the HMMWV. The medium and heavy trucks are in the 10k to 30k lb range.

Hoosier race tires, big woop.

Jet burner? Did he mean a gas turbine based jet engine? Which sucks gas like no tommorrow? Where is the fuel tank? How large is the fuel tank? 20 gallons? 40 gallons? 100 gallons?

Everything else looks cool but:
Axle-less front end with conventional single axle rear end = RWD, plain and simple. What's the big deal about this setup? In the movie it was running over cop cars and stuff... SO what happens when the rear end somehow gets lifted up? It gets stuck and is easy prey for RPGs.
Assuming it is running a spool or Detroit Locker, then if one rear wheel gets lifted up, it can still go to a certain extent.

Oh yeah, what about armor? It weighs 5000 lb. Most of that weight is probably the main powerplant (diesel no doubt) and the gas turbine jet engine, the 100 gallon fuel tank, the machine guns, the ammunition, the ammunition storage, landing hook, flaps, thrust vectoring assembly, wheels, etc... leaving hardly any room for steel or aluminum armor or ballistic glass necessary to stop 14.5mm bullets or even 12.5 mm bullets.

Bluerauder
06-17-2005, 03:29 PM
I would say 2 gallons per mile. :rofl: :laugh:
Too high. :rolleyes: The M1A2 Abrams gets about 1 gallon per mile. :D

metroplex
06-17-2005, 03:39 PM
The M1A2 also has a 1500 hp gas turbine engine. Is that what the Tumbler is supposed to have?

Petrograde
06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
2.5 tons = 5000 lb, big deal. That's considered a light tactical vehicle, same category as the HMMWV. The medium and heavy trucks are in the 10k to 30k lb range.

Jet burner? Did he mean a gas turbine based jet engine? Which sucks gas like no tommorrow? Where is the fuel tank? How large is the fuel tank? 20 gallons? 40 gallons? 100 gallons?

Axle-less front end with conventional single axle rear end = RWD, plain and simple. What's the big deal about this setup? In the movie it was running over cop cars and stuff... SO what happens when the rear end somehow gets lifted up? It gets stuck and is easy prey for RPGs.
Assuming it is running a spool or Detroit Locker, then if one rear wheel gets lifted up, it can still go to a certain extent.

Oh yeah, what about armor? It weighs 5000 lb. Most of that weight is probably the main powerplant (diesel no doubt) and the gas turbine jet engine, the 100 gallon fuel tank, the machine guns, the ammunition, the ammunition storage, landing hook, flaps, thrust vectoring assembly, wheels, etc... leaving hardly any room for steel or aluminum armor or ballistic glass necessary to stop 14.5mm bullets or even 12.5 mm bullets.

yup,.. You got that right Metro. I agree with everything you said. It wouldn't last long in Iraq. :rolleyes:

but....

It looks bad ass. I'd like one for I-35.. I think I'd be ok there.

100 gallons of JP-8 or Jet A wouldn't go far... maybe if you only used it in short burts,.. not to mention,... are those Hoosier's ZZZ rated? :bs:

It still looks cool :cool:

Donny Carlson
06-17-2005, 05:36 PM
yup,.. You got that right Metro. I agree with everything you said. It wouldn't last long in Iraq. :rolleyes:

but....

It looks bad ass. I'd like one for I-35.. I think I'd be ok there.

100 gallons of JP-8 or Jet A wouldn't go far... maybe if you only used it in short burts,.. not to mention,... are those Hoosier's ZZZ rated? :bs:

It still looks cool :cool:

It sure looked awesome in the movie!!

Petrograde
06-17-2005, 05:43 PM
It sure looked awesome in the movie!!

The movie is out already? :confused:

SergntMac
06-17-2005, 05:50 PM

Party pooper....

metroplex
06-18-2005, 05:39 AM
http://www.chickslovethecar.com/images/tumbler/tire2.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!!! 5 lug axles... yeah, that's Heavy-Duty for a tactical vehicle ... NOT! lol

Donny Carlson
06-18-2005, 05:50 PM
The movie is out already? :confused:
Yeah, it started June 15. It's extremely good, and lots of Chicago stands in for Gotham City. Many panthers die at the hands of this vehicle. :(

Vortex
06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
I still think the one from the TV show was the best Batmobile!