PDA

View Full Version : C.V. Design O.K.

Bobby Clobber
06-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Check this out

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0506/15/0auto-216339.htm :o

metroplex
06-15-2005, 08:49 AM
A Kansas City jury on Tuesday found that Ford Motor (javascript:companybox('F')) Co. was not liable in the May 2003 death of a Missouri state trooper when his Crown Victoria was struck from behind and caught fire.
And we all know that a random Kansas City jury is the final word on automotive crash safety! :help:

texascorvette
06-16-2005, 06:13 AM
And we all know that a random Kansas City jury is the final word on automotive crash safety! :help:
The folks who suggest that abuse of--and subsequent destruction of--Crown Victoria automobiles is Ford's fault, are the same folks who say that firearm manufacturers are at fault because a small percentage of their products are abused by criminals.

This is the same sort of logic that is perpetuated by ambulance-chasing lawyers for their own personal gain. It is a perversion of logical thought process, but there are a lot of folks out there who can't think for themselves. They are easily swayed by slick-talkers who take advantage of their gullibility.

That's why old ladies get millions of bucks from McDonalds for pouring hot coffee into their own laps. That's why juries awarded millions of bucks to simpletons who caused their own wrecks by driving their Explorers around with tires 20% underinflated. After all, every misfortune that happens in our lives must be somebody else's fault. Let's sue the bastards!!!

Wires
06-16-2005, 06:32 AM
In that case, the fuel tank was not compromised - the fuel leaked from the severed fuel filler tube.

That's why they didn't find Ford Liable - EVERY car has a fuel filler tube, regardless of the location of the fuel tank, and it can be severed in an accident. By following logic, rather than the "deep pocket rule," we can see that the decision was correct.

metroplex
06-16-2005, 07:20 AM
I would be happy if Ford would apply the CVPI-only recalls to ALL the Panthers that ARE affected. Until Ford gives a damn about the everyday buyer (which is the type of customer that got Ford to where it is today), I hope they get lawsuit after lawsuit over this issue and award millions out of their pockets for something they could have mitigated TWENTY-FIVE years ago.

I found a differential shield and lower shock mount shields on my 1981 T-bird. I looked at Ford's site and the recall kit included the same type of parts. Ford had the design/idea at least 25 years ago. :banned:

They can't fool me as easily as the other FMC supporters with apparently deep deep pockets.

texascorvette
06-16-2005, 08:22 PM
BTW, how did the other large, RWD, 4-Door Sedans, with an engine powerful enough to use as a pursuit car perform? Oh, GM & Daimler/Chrysler haven't made one in nearly 10 years. Guess that explains why none were parked on the side of the road waiting for the inevitable shot in the tail end of the car.

Don't know a whole lot of LEO folks, but the ones I do know sure don't like the little POS Impalas and Intrepids that some of the departments have bought in lieu of the CV. The most polite description I've heard is "underpowered".