PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

mpearce
06-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Another 10 second camaro / nova etc. adorns the number one spot once again on the timeslip page. Maybe I can call my Buick friends and have them post their 9, and 8 second Grand Nationals, and T-Types?

What ever happend to the vote we had?

Does anyone remember this thread?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17833&highlight=timeslip+database

I'm not usually one to stir a turd here...but the poll closed a month ago...what ever happend to it?

Did I miss something?

-Mat

LVMarauder
06-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Can you tell me the results of it, I dont remember what the outcome was. ( hopefully marauders only?)

GarageMahal
06-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Well at least Mike (the guy with the Camero) owns a MM :)

jta

duhtroll
06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Results as of my typing this reply:

Members should be required to post time slips. 29 8.41%
Members should NOT be required to post time slips. 42 12.17%
The database should include MARAUDERS ONLY. 73 21.16%
The database should include ALL CARS. 5 1.45%
Only actual track data should be allowed. 46 13.33%
Simulated data (i.e. G-Force meter) should be allowed, if properly identified. 29 8.41%
Should temperature and humidity be added? 31 8.99%
Should 330' and 1,000' times be added? 31 8.99%
Should Reaction Time ("R/T") be added? 32 9.28%
It doesn't matter to me. 27 7.83%

I don't think it matters until Logan decides to do something.

Basically I see wanting all timeslip data from a track, but not requiring timeslips themselves. Marauders only, of course.

-A

Mike M
06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I plead ignorance; I thought I was editing my personal information. I had no idea it was being posted anywhere other then my personal space. I selected “edit profile” from the “quick Links” menu and filled in the blanks. WOW!
By the way…the 10.90 was on street tires and sideways for about half track with no power adders in a car that is street driven daily weather permitting.

GarageMahal
06-20-2005, 09:43 PM
By the way…the 10.90 was on street tires and sideways for about half track with no power adders in a car that is street driven daily weather permitting.

I was wondering if it was N/A. Wow, nice run :)

jta

GarageMahal
06-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Who cares? Then go to a pro street camero site and post on their timeslip (not required) page. This is total horse crap. Why would you belong to a marauder forum and own a marauder, yet post your pro camero time in OUR forum. Ill bet there are dozens of guys here that could post faster times that a 10.9. In fact, Lidio has had personal cars that ran in the 8s, and even now has his yellow mustang that runs 9s all day, not to mention his Kenny Bell blown '04 Mach 1 that ran 10.3 seconds!

This is meant as no offense to Mike, that is an awesome time for any car to run, it just doenst belong in our forum displacing a couple of deserving Marauders.

Eh-hem... any idea who MI2QWK4U2 is on the timeslip page? :flamer:

Bradley G
06-21-2005, 04:04 AM
What about people who have mildly modified thier Marauders?
This sends a message to them like "they don't matter!"
I won't let it bother me, just making a point, if the Timeslips forum is to be a credible source of reference, it should be that.
To justify, why you do , what you chose, sends mixed signals. :banned:
Bradley G

SergntMac
06-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Matt, it's my understanding that everything agreed upon in the poll has been put into effect, but some things cannot be accomplished by the software in use. There's no way to stop anyone from posting a non-Marauder timeslip, other than us, and doing exactly what you have done here. Likewise, there is no stopping a fraudelent entry of any of the data contained therein, it's up to us to keep watch, and report errors.

Looks like the most recent error has been corrected, but others remain. By agreement, the timeslip is for MARAUDERS ONLY, folks, so when you see something like this, just drop a note to a Moderator, or the poster, and it will get fixed. There are a few other errors that continue, hopefully, those responsible will clean it up themselves and not impose on a moderator to do it for them.

Frankly, this was a hot topic for a short while, and then it got set aside once the poll closed. Now that it's race season again, maybe we'll see more activity, which will lead to some housekeeping?

TooManyFords
06-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Its not displacing any of the top Marauders. I guess thats what my major beef is. Keep the top ten or 15 cars Marauders, and definitely keep ringers out of the picture. The Mach wouldnt be there if it was running 10.3 like Lidios is.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, Dave. You should pull it.

John

AzMarauder
06-21-2005, 05:20 AM
I plead ignorance; I thought I was editing my personal information. I had no idea it was being posted anywhere other then my personal space. I selected “edit profile” from the “quick Links” menu and filled in the blanks. WOW!
Where in Arizona?

I am starting to sense the need for an Arizona MM meet. It seems we have at least 4 of us down here in the sunny H O T Southwest.

Mike M
06-21-2005, 06:12 AM
Where in Arizona?

I am starting to sense the need for an Arizona MM meet. It seems we have at least 4 of us down here in the sunny H O T Southwest.

Anthen, AZ. About 20 minutes north of Scottsdale up 17. I built a new home out there and just love the lifestyle out there as opposed to crappy New Jersey. I am building a new Mobil 1 quick lube in Anthem as well. Also the climate seems much more conducive to the automotive enthusiist lifestyle.
I really hate New Jersey after 45 years I need a change.

Bradley G
06-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Does this mean you voted no?:D :Offtopic:

Bradley G

Anthen, AZ. About 20 minutes north of Scottsdale up 17. I built a new home out there and just love the lifestyle out there as opposed to crappy New Jersey. I am building a new Mobil 1 quick lube in Anthem as well. Also the climate seems much more conducive to the automotive enthusiist lifestyle.
I really hate New Jersey after 45 years I need a change.

mpearce
06-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Matt, it's my understanding that everything agreed upon in the poll has been put into effect, but some things cannot be accomplished by the software in use. There's no way to stop anyone from posting a non-Marauder timeslip, other than us, and doing exactly what you have done here. Likewise, there is no stopping a fraudelent entry of any of the data contained therein, it's up to us to keep watch, and report errors.

Looks like the most recent error has been corrected, but others remain. By agreement, the timeslip is for MARAUDERS ONLY, folks, so when you see something like this, just drop a note to a Moderator, or the poster, and it will get fixed. There are a few other errors that continue, hopefully, those responsible will clean it up themselves and not impose on a moderator to do it for them.

Frankly, this was a hot topic for a short while, and then it got set aside once the poll closed. Now that it's race season again, maybe we'll see more activity, which will lead to some housekeeping?
Mac,

Thanks for your response. I thought you held some sort of position in regards to the poll a while back, so I was waiting for your post on this. Thanks for the information. I had not heard anything further on this after the poll closed, thats why I started the thread.

-Mat

mpearce
06-21-2005, 07:07 AM
This is meant as no offense to Mike, that is an awesome time for any car to run, it just doenst belong in our forum displacing a couple of deserving Marauders.
This is my point exactly guys.

I meant no offense to Mike at all, so please don't take it that way. He didn't displace me at all...I'm in the 40's...so what do I care? The people at the top with the major mods, money spent, and the race experience deserve to be at the top here. Now that we know it's a software problem...it's no big deal. Thats all.

-Mat

MM03MOK
06-21-2005, 07:29 AM
The poll closed while I was on vacation. The only thing I've done so far is at R/T. I will add the other categories.

Here's the final Word.......

Marauders only
Timeslips required for Sub 12 cars
Simulated data allowed, if properly identified, for 15+ sec. cars
Temp/humidity, 330'/1,000' to be added to Profile page
I think this should satisfy everyone. Honor among Men and Women, please.

I will see where it can be posted on the Timeslip page that only Marauders shall be listed. Remember, whatever you put in your profile for info on times, etc., ends up in the database.

Bradley G
06-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Knock Knock, "No, I'm!, Dave!". Another voice; "Dave's not here!" He He :D
Bradley G
This is my point exactly guys.

I meant no offense to Mike at all, so please don't take it that way. He didn't displace me at all...I'm in the 40's...so what do I care? The people at the top with the major mods, money spent, and the race experience deserve to be at the top here. Now that we know it's a software problem...it's no big deal. Thats all.

-Mat

MikesMerc
06-21-2005, 04:44 PM

Marauders only
Simulated data allowed, if properly identified, for 15+ sec. cars
Temp/humidity, 330'/1,000' to be added to Profile page
I think this should satisfy everyone. Honor among Men and Women, please.

Excellent guidelines!!

Its great to see something like this come to a solid group decision that everyone can live with. Compromise makes the world go round. Good job Mary, Mac, and everyone who contributed thought and effort.

SergntMac
06-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Mac, Thanks for your response. I thought you held some sort of position in regards to the poll a while back, so I was waiting for your post on this. Thanks for the information. I had not heard anything further on this after the poll closed, thats why I started the thread.-Matt
Thank you, Matt, but I do not hold any position on this board, or, this topic other than my singular and own humble opinion.

I understand what you are saying here, but I am just another MM.Net member, and without any special privillage, responsibility, or, control.

My "permanent record" here has more black marks than my alley, Logan would never-ever give me any more license than what I own as a paid member.

If there is such a thing as a "60 foot time for putting your foot in your mouth, or, finding one up your azz", I win! I am sure Logan, Mary, and Dan, would like to see me post with less frequency, and less energy.

Excellent guidelines!!

Its great to see something like this come to a solid group decision that everyone can live with. Compromise makes the world go round. Good job Mary, Mac, and everyone who contributed thought and effort.
IMHO, the poll directed what changes would be necessary, and what changes would be acceptable...What was going to work for us all.

Obviously (and again), not everyone got what they wanted, but most of us got most of what we could consider fair. Thank you, Mike, for your kind words, but personally, I had little to do with the final word on it all, I just spoke my mind along the way.

The end result y'all see today is the product of the poll. Maybe we should all give the next poll some deeper thought on consequence before we vote, or, decide to remain neutral and post a "not concerned" vote?

Dave...Sorry to see your edits. I read your posts, but didn't see anything out of line in your comments. I'm sorry you felt compelled to remove them, but once more, remaining neutral doesn't help solve problems.

I don't find this place so unbelieveable. It's more about what I believe in. Maybe I'm stupid about all this controversary, but I like this place and the way Logan runs it, despite my head-on collisions with house rules.

This MM.Net is my home, and you won't find me talking sh*it on other boards.

CRUZTAKER
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
The poll closed while I was on vacation. The only thing I've done so far is at R/T. I will add the other categories.

Timeslips still don't show up....

:dunno:

MM03MOK
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
[/list]Timeslips still don't show up....

:dunno:Post the timeslip in the gallery. Go to your Edit Profile page. Copy the URL of the photo of your timeslip from the Gallery (not the gallery page - you can find it next to the UBBCode - doint use the IMG tags) and paste it in the box for timeslip at the bottom of your profile.