PDA

View Full Version : Flag Amendment

PJR
06-22-2005, 01:49 PM
WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday approved a constitutional amendment that would give Congress the power to ban desecration of the American flag, a measure that for the first time stands a chance of passing the Senate as well.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler,D-N.Y., said, "If the flag needs protection at all, it needs protection from members of Congress who value the symbol more than the freedoms that the flag represents."

Who elected this guy??

CBT
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
The Clintons.

cruzer
06-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Freedom from tyranny overrides freedom of expression--if you can't respect it, don't take advantage of the freedoms and sacrifices it represents--IMHO

Bluerauder
06-22-2005, 07:54 PM
[i]WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday approved a constitutional amendment that would give Congress the power to ban desecration of the American flag, a measure that for the first time stands a chance of passing the Senate as well.
Personally, I really don't think that a Constitutional amendment is necessary. However, I also do not see burning of the US flag as a form of free speech either. :flag:

It is a major sign of disrespect to the country, its people, its government, and its Armed Forces. Burning the flag indicates to me that the perpetrator has no use for the USA and is unwilling, unable, or too dayum stupid to work within the system to change things. To them I say "Pick a country .... any country and GTFO ... I am sure that things will be much, much better where you go." :eek:

If you burn the flag near me ... it better be part of the ceremony for the retirement of old and worn flags. :D

But, I do like my Marauder ... thought that I should at least mention the car. :rofl:

hitchhiker
06-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Why burn the flag when you can fly it upside down to show a country in distress?

:D

p.s. I wouldn't really do that

:lol:

TooManyFords
06-23-2005, 05:08 AM
When we get done with the flag burning thread, can we start a religion thread?

:eek:

Shaft333
06-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Oh boy. Now flag burning talk.
What's going on in this forum? Have you sold your cars and taken up supervising evaporation of morning dew?