PDA

View Full Version : 96 GM with 03 GM Front End

wchain
06-24-2005, 10:53 AM
While I was at lunch getting a sandwich just now, I noticed a car in the parking lot, 03+ GM of some kind, had primer on the front end. When I walked out, It was a older style car, and the owner walked up just as I was looking at it.

He was backed into by a garbage truck and it ripped up the front end, so they wrote him a check, and he bought parts for a 03+ Car and bolted it all on, hood, lights, bumper cover etc. It looked pretty sharp, he's gonna be there next week after he gets it painted, I'll try to snap some pix.

twolow
06-24-2005, 11:01 AM
I didn't think a pre 98 could even match up with newer parts. The rear end would be harder with the different quarter panels and such.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Can't wait to get those parts from you now that i think of it :P

wchain
06-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I didn't think a pre 98 could even match up with newer parts. The rear end would be harder with the different quarter panels and such.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Can't wait to get those parts from you now that i think of it :P

The fenders are actuall the same 92-05 (except the earlier cars had antenna holes) but yes, if you swap the header panel, anything is possible!

twolow
06-24-2005, 11:06 AM
The fenders are the same? The pre 98 ones had smaller parking lights, not as tall as the newer ones so that would mean the spots for the parking lights are shaped different right?

modular46
06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
The fenders are the same? The pre 98 ones had smaller parking lights, not as tall as the newer ones so that would mean the spots for the parking lights are shaped different right?

The bumper cover makes up the difference!!

wchain
06-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Yes they're the same. The Pre 98s had a different bumper as well, the 98+ bumper goes lower around the fender, whereas the prer 98s came up the fender.

More info
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=528500&Forum=UBB25&Words=fender&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=528158&Search=true#Post528500

Half Breed Vics (http://www.p71interceptor.com/hybrids/)