PDA

View Full Version : European "Vacation"

jdando
06-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I have not run into the Griswolds yet or any of their cars :D

I am in Prague (I have a presentation to present tomorrow) and spent the day walking around the city looking at old castles, communist area housing projects and little Prague "turd-mobiles". I did spy a nice Ferrari however:cool:

Pictures are in my gallery and I will add more when I get a chance. Jet lag is heck:(

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3102

jeremy

BK_GrandMarquis
06-25-2005, 03:43 PM

I am in Prague (I have a presentation to present tomorrow) and spent the day walking around the city looking at old castles, communist area housing projects and little Prague "turd-mobiles". I did spy a nice Ferrari however:cool:

Pictures are in my gallery and I will add more when I get a chance. Jet lag is heck:(

jeremy
Just don't get stuck in one of those round-a-bouts. :D

jdando
06-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Just don't get stuck in one of those round-a-bouts. :D Isn't that the truth! :eek:

If I were driving I probably would have been yesterday. My brain was toast.

I did not mention that the city is quite beautiful and I got some nice views of the area from the top of the Petrin tower. I got a little queasy and almost :puke: however. There are lots of artisans and artsy types here. As an engineer it is hard for me to see their point of view and appreciate some of the things they do or how they live. I tend to be more black/white, lets look at the data.

Attached are a couple more shots. If you look closely at the St. Charles picture you see the some Hells Angels motorcycle club guys in the foreground. I saw about 10 of them, they must be having a convention also, go figure!?

It is off to work in an hour, I need to set up my demonstration and work the booth.

ParkRanger
06-27-2005, 09:09 AM

jeremy

Jeremy:

Don't forget to take advantage of their delicious BEER! Some of the best pilsners in the world. Watch out though - it will hit you like a rock. :beer:

PR :burnout:

shakes_26
06-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I see you visited teh Catle and the Charles bridge. Make sure you get to Stare Mesto and see the Astronomical clock, quite impressive, I forget the schedule, but every so many hours on the hour all the fogures go wild, sort of like an 10 story tall cuckoo clock.

If you get a chance try to catch a Marionnette show (puppets) or Jazz (really good performers there), and oh yes, Pilsner Urqell, or some of the orginal Budweiser beer! (Budvar brewery is in Ceske Budejovice).

Great country, great people, and a langauge I can't even begin to speak much less comprehend!

Lucky dog, Prague in Summer!

jdando
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Shakes, you hit everything on the head!

The castle, check
Charles bridge, check
Clock, check (not on the hour though)
Jazz, check
Great people, check
Tough language, double check
beer, no beer for me ( I did get coasters for Menace though)

I hope to have some free time tomorrow night and get some night shots of the city. It is beautiful, not sure if my little digicam can handle the night though :(

I have also added new photos in my gallery

PS Gas is about 29 CZK/litre a ballpark price of $5.00 USD per gallon.:eek:

jeremy

I see you visited teh Catle and the Charles bridge. Make sure you get to Stare Mesto and see the Astronomical clock, quite impressive, I forget the schedule, but every so many hours on the hour all the fogures go wild, sort of like an 10 story tall cuckoo clock.

If you get a chance try to catch a Marionnette show (puppets) or Jazz (really good performers there), and oh yes, Pilsner Urqell, or some of the orginal Budweiser beer! (Budvar brewery is in Ceske Budejovice).

Great country, great people, and a langauge I can't even begin to speak much less comprehend!

Lucky dog, Prague in Summer!

shakes_26
06-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah, not so cheap eh?

I drove from Paris to Prague, about 1000km, then to Dusseldorf, and back to Paris. Good thing the company paid for all of it :) Biggest danger driving in the CZ? Why the other drivers of course! Lots of old Lada and Skoda, 35hp when they were new 40 years ago, rust buckets.

Well enjoy, and dont overlaod on cabbage.... they seem to have it everywhere, even found a breakfast pastry one day with...yes you guessed it.. cabbage!