PDA

View Full Version : ...uh oh!

Petrograde
06-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Look What I found in my rear passenger tire. I just love all this local construction! :rolleyes:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/uh_oh.jpg

ok,.. well,.. whadaya think? did it puncture? I haven't pulled it yet.

Slowpoke
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
IT WENT THROUGH... been there, done that.

jgc61sr2002
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Don't pull it unless you are a the tire shop. :(

grampaws
06-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Been there same tire too!!:(

ncmm
06-25-2005, 05:23 PM
:mad2: thanks a lot local construction workers :mad2:

Petrograde
06-25-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna pull it in the morning...

I sure am glad that I have a full size rear (polished!) spare in the trunk!

FordNut
06-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Plug it...

SergntMac
06-25-2005, 06:18 PM
That's not a good place to have a puncture.

Not long ago, I found a likewise screw in a likewise spot (folks down the alley had a new garage built...Arrgh! Tic, tic, tic..) But, it came out without any further problem. Whew! Good for them!

If your puncture comes to leak after you remove this screw, you're not going to fix it. An internal patch may work for the short term, maybe you could use it as a spare, but, IMHO, eventually, this tire is done. If you do use it as a spare, keep checking the PSI?

Sorry, Tom. No sense in lying to ya 'bout it, eh?

twolow
06-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Better than the sidewall....thats when it sux.

hitchhiker
06-25-2005, 07:05 PM
:mad2: thanks a lot local construction workers :mad2:
Do you mean real US construction workers or the illegal aliens picked up at home depot every morning by contractors with nothing to fear from the current regime?

:D

dwasson
06-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Been there same tire too!!:(

It is frequently the rear tire. The front tire kicks it up and the rear tire catches.

MENINBLK
06-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Look What I found in my rear passenger tire. I just love all this local construction! :rolleyes:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/uh_oh.jpg

ok,.. well,.. whadaya think? did it puncture? I haven't pulled it yet.

That's tire is done.
The ONLY way you can save it is with an internal patch and an inner tube,
IF YOU CAN FIND AN 18" INNER TUBE !!!
I've done this with many T/A Radials and got the maximum mileage out of them.
But those were 15" Radials and those were the days, man...

Marauderjack
06-26-2005, 03:34 AM
I had one in about the same spot.....plugged it and all is well!! :beer:

If I was routinely running over 100 MPH I'd probably get a new tire but I check the air pressure often and it is holding fine. It probably won't last another 10 K miles anyway!!! :mad:

I'm going to find a way to use different tires than BFG's and still have the front/back differential size.....suggestions?? :confused: I think the rears are crap while the fronts are actually pretty tough!! :bows:

Marauderjack :)

Petrograde
06-26-2005, 09:47 AM
I pulled out what looks like a big roofing nail. ..and WOOSH!! 40 psi came rushing out!

Like I said earlier, I'm glad I had the full size polished spare in the trunk! :up: She's already for the road again!

I'm also happy I paid for Road Hazard and lifetime Road Force balancing! :D

Thanks for playing! :rofl:

Joe Walsh
06-26-2005, 10:14 AM
UH OH!.....

It looks like the rim took a curb 'spanker'....OUCH!

Mike Poore
06-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Tom, it's your reward for posting those fantastic photos of the Zano clean-up, last week. Let 'em put a patch inside and use it as your spare; it'll be just fine. :)

Mike Poore
06-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Do you mean real US construction workers or the illegal aliens picked up at home depot every morning by contractors with nothing to fear from the current regime?

:D
David, please, please; give your political agenda a rest. This forum seems hardly the place, OK? :D

Bluerauder
06-26-2005, 01:27 PM
It is frequently the rear tire. The front tire kicks it up and the rear tire catches.
I have noticed that alot on previous cars as well where the front tire stands 'em up and the rear tire is punctured. :( I'm sure that the folks at Ford knew this as well but we ended up with a front spare anyway. :rolleyes:

Mike Poore
06-27-2005, 07:51 AM
I have noticed that alot on previous cars as well where the front tire stands 'em up and the rear tire is punctured. :( I'm sure that the folks at Ford knew this as well but we ended up with a front spare anyway. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: OMG Charlie, y'mean given the choice they "gave" you the most expensive tire as a spare? What could they be thinking? :eek:

Of course, in the case of the '04's we got the space saver (read cheap); but, when you think about it, because of the non-wheel it comes with, in both cases, I guess it hardly matters. :dunno: