PDA

View Full Version : NOS kills....

CRUZTAKER
06-26-2005, 10:36 AM
My first two NOS kills today were truley notable.

I went cross town to watch my buddy with the focus autocross this morning. Fun to watch with only one event to speak of. This race is in an old mall parking lot. An older Lotus went off the course and jumped a parking median and struck a 30 foot tree. Knocked the tree plumb down. No one hurt, but the maple is now a Lotus Tree.:P

The kills:
Both were GM's.

The first was a 2005 vette that I passed and promptly became a tick on my azz for a few miles. On a good open stretch of flat road along the beautifull shoreline he came around me and from a cruising speed of 80 mph not only did I make up the 10-15 feet of pass by, I caught and pulled away to two car lengths and watched my 3rd gear redline at 142 mph and I kicked in OD for several hundred feet only to back off and watch him fly by. He wouldn't slow down for the nod...apparently embarrassed and kept on going.:rolleyes:

Later on my return trip I saw a very loud older Trans Am enter the highway and cut across several lanes and womp on it. It still had numbers on the windshield from some track. I caught up and pulled along side. No longer afraid to offer a little event, I waved the universal "let's do it" wave and he promptly crushed it. This kill was ridicululous. As soon as the NOS hit I pulled away like he wasn't even moving. He was kind enough to pull along side and shrug.

NICE!

I'm happy. I think I'll wax her today in appreciation. :cool:

MarauderMark
06-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Way to kill em Cruz..:up:

CBT
06-26-2005, 05:13 PM
142MPH! Nice kills.

Joe Walsh
06-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Nice Kills!

Barry, you know that you've got a BADA$$ Marauder when you force an '05 Vette to do a "Loser's Flyby" at 142+ mph!!!! :bows:

wchain
06-27-2005, 09:10 AM
MAN! Thats AWESOME!
:woohoo: :bows:

Mike Poore
06-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Nice Kills!

Barry, you know that you've got a BADA$$ Marauder when you force an '05 Vette to do a "Loser's Flyby" at 142+ mph!!!! :bows:
:neener: That darned Barry 'better not mess with MY Silver (streak) Birch Marauder!

Just ask Charlie; I almost cleaned his clock with the beast, and had it not been for my 2sec reaction time, I'd a had him, for sure. :rofl:

mpearce
06-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Um...Barry...I need a ride please!

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Matt....you can DRIVE it any time. You know that!;)

MI2QWK4U
06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
142MPH! Nice kills.

Poor Chris Tucker was only doing 109 mph! although he claimed that he got stoped for doing 120 and didnt get arrested!

Uh Oh.... (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=chris_tucker_arres tvideo&width=640)

CRUZTAKER
06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Poor Chris Tucker was only doing 109 mph! although he claimed that he got stoped for doing 120 and didnt get arrested!

Uh Oh.... (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=chris_tucker_arres tvideo&width=640)
Good thing I'm not a comedian....driving in Georgia....:rolleyes:

MI2QWK4U
06-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Good thing I'm not a comedian....driving in Georgia....:rolleyes:

I found that amusing to say the least! But doesnt Ohio still have the death panalty for speeding?

CRUZTAKER
06-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Know your roads.

The portion of highway we were on has never, and will never be patrolled by the state. The OSP has washed their hands of several stretches of highway in the greater Cleveland area.
It has been publicly announced years ago that the local municipalities are responsible for those areas.

Cleveland city limits. You must actually request to be pulled over around this area, and even doing so will result in the officer hoping his inadequate, outdated, over milaged, banged up cruiser is able to make the stop.

I used to listen to CPD on the police scanner on friday and saturday night. It was a riot how many folks out ran the local enforcement.

Traffic accident calls can take as long as two hours for a response, and domestics...unless someone is actually shooting each other may go days with out a response.

I didn't mention that before the TransAm incident, I tangled with an (way out of his city limits) officer in a newer marked and gum-balled Monte Carlo. He was likely going to a court meet downtown, or pick up a prisoner. He was cruising at 80 in a 60 when I decided to pass him. He passed me back...then I crushed him as well.

Big smiles however from him however. ;)

mpearce
06-28-2005, 07:06 AM
But doesnt Ohio still have the death panalty for speeding?
0-5 over - $150 Ticket

6-10 over - Jail

11-15 over - Execution (your choice)

16-20 over - Execution (Electric Chair Only)

Thats just how we roll down here.

-Mat

woaface
06-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Lol, I guess that's a new way to look upon the idea that "speed kills!"

Barry, your car is the ***** you know! It's damn fine. I was really proud to drive it around Indy. It is definitely one of the coolest Marauders there is!

cyclone03
06-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Barry how long are you on the bottle to get to 142?
Have you ever run a bottle "dry"?
You go from a plus 100hp to a minus 200hp right now!Plus a lot of black smoke.
I used to see that about 3 times a night at the local,ah,well,hangout,if you know what I mean.

CRUZTAKER
06-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Barry how long are you on the bottle to get to 142?
Have you ever run a bottle "dry"?
You go from a plus 100hp to a minus 200hp right now!Plus a lot of black smoke.
I used to see that about 3 times a night at the local,ah,well,hangout,if you know what I mean.Lidio, Dennis, or someone else more knowledgable will have to answer that one.

I am under the impression that when I WOT with the N20 on I only recieve a measured shot. It's not on the entire time.

As far as reaching 142....I was always able to do that...right on the heals of any Cobra....now I pass them rather than follow. :cool:

I can say however that I am NOT giving it a 100 shot. Just an 80 shot. I can also say that it takes a long azz time to run through a 10 lb. bottle fill at the track. Maybe 20 runs since I do not purge.

I do find it amusing that a handfull of members here find it usefull to suggest that we NOS users will blow something up. I am not scared, nor do I have a reason to be. There is a risk of failure everytime you fill your tank and stomp it. Who knows how good that fuel really is, and who knows when a particular engine part may fail by act of god. Life is full of risks, so is racing and driving an automobile.

Comon' man, DON'T BE HATIN' NOS. :P

MI2QWK4U
06-28-2005, 04:29 PM
I do find it amusing that a handfull of members here find it usefull to suggest that we NOS users will blow something up. I am not scared, nor do I have a reason to be. There is a risk of failure everytime you fill your tank and stomp it. Who knows how good that fuel really is, and who knows when a particular engine part may fail by act of god. Life is full of risks, so is racing and driving an automobile.
Comon' man, DON'T BE HATIN' NOS. :P

Well put Barry, anyone that gets hardcore is taking chances starting the car up. Anytime, anything, for whatever reason, can let go. Its all part of racing and striving to get the results you are seeking. I have heard my share of warnings about how hard im pushing my Marauder, I know the risks, accept them, and embrace whatever fate has in store....Why? because it is fun..lots of fun. There is something so different about working on the Marauder, as opposed to a Mustang. With the Mustang, it just seems too easy to get going fast. The Marauder is more of a challange, a puzzle, something to contend with and overcome, which makes it sooooo much sweeter to sit back and enjoy. I salute you and anyone else that looks at their Marauder as a work in progress. The pride comes not from the fact you have the fastest Marauder around, but that the path you took to arrive at that plateau was right. I guess I will have to wait and see what fate has in store for my Marauder.

cyclone03
06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I was just refering to what happens when the bottle goes dry and you get about twice as much gasoline than required for the now normaly asperated engine. Thus the now -200hp pig rich engine.

TooManyFords
06-28-2005, 06:11 PM
I am under the impression that when I WOT with the N20 on I only recieve a measured shot. It's not on the entire time.
Nope it is on all the time in the correct "measure" depending on the jets you use. I posed this questions to my N2O guru when I had my bottle filled. I asked him, "How long will this last me with a 75 spray?" He replied that it depended on how fast I was in the 1/4. To shorten the story, I used an estimated time of 13 sec. of which it would be WOT the entire time. He did some math and said it should last me about 10-12 passes. So, we figured it would do about 140-160 seconds of WOT. (this was just a guess on both our parts so YMMV) Bigger jets yield less WOT time and when it runs out you do go pig rich, but too the O2 sensors will pick up on this and try to adjust a little. Just be ready to shut it off at the arming switch if it does happen. No harm, no foul. :)

I can say however that I am NOT giving it a 100 shot. Just an 80 shot. I can also say that it takes a long azz time to run through a 10 lb. bottle fill at the track. Maybe 20 runs since I do not purge.
See? YMMV!!

Enjoy the giggles!!

Cheers!

John