PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Roenick is an A$$

rookie1
06-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Jun 27, 8:05 PM (ET)

PRESTO, Pa. (AP) - Philadelphia Flyers center Jeremy Roenick has some advice for hockey fans who blame the NHL lockout on players' greed: Once it's finally settled, stay home.

"We're going to try to make it better for everybody, period, end of subject. And if you don't realize that, then don't come," said Roenick, who spoke at a charity golf event he played in over the weekend.

"We don't want you at the rink, we don't want you in the stadium, we don't want you to watch hockey," he said Saturday at the Mario Lemieux Celebrity Invitational in suburban Pittsburgh.

Careful what you wish for Mr. Roenick, you just might get it. I'll never watch another Flyers game if he's still on the team even when they play my beloved Wings.

FordNut
06-28-2005, 09:03 AM
He's a moron. If he thinks it's all about the players rather than the fans, he'll probably find out differently soon enough.

RoyLPita
06-28-2005, 09:36 AM

PRESTO, Pa. (AP) - Philadelphia Flyers center Jeremy Roenick has some advice for hockey fans who blame the NHL lockout on players' greed: Once it's finally settled, stay home.

"We're going to try to make it better for everybody, period, end of subject. And if you don't realize that, then don't come," said Roenick, who spoke at a charity golf event he played in over the weekend.

"We don't want you at the rink, we don't want you in the stadium, we don't want you to watch hockey," he said Saturday at the Mario Lemieux Celebrity Invitational in suburban Pittsburgh.

Careful what you wish for Mr. Roenick, you just might get it. I'll never watch another Flyers game if he's still on the team even when they play my beloved Wings.

Now here is a player who will get booed constantly when he is introduced.

BTW, Presto, PA is a small Pittsburgh town that used to be on the map. I have family that lives there.

chasrein01
06-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Many of these same players who don't want the salary cap (worth hundreds of thousand to millions per player) are also taking positions on minor league teams that have a cap. One of the Red Wings played on the Saginaw Spirits team last season for less than $25,000! Seems to me, they could end their career with an injury with that team just as easy. But don't get me wrong, the owners aren't without blame in the whole mess too, it's both sides.

de minimus
06-28-2005, 07:36 PM
He's a moron. If he thinks it's all about the players rather than the fans, he'll probably find out differently soon enough.
There are a lot of greedy morons involved on both sides or this sorry debacle. I'll just be glad to get hockey back.

grampaws
06-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Anyone for ticket price caps!??

The Fans get the s**t end of the stick..

Joe Walsh
06-28-2005, 08:26 PM
If ONLY the fans WOULD stay away.....Imagine the greedy, moronic owners and overpayed, pompous ********* players standing around pointing fingers at each other again. Only this time there would be NO money to argue over.
I'm fed up with all professional sports, and really tired of paying $15.00 for parking, then shelling out way too much money for a ticket,
then choking on a cold $5.00 hotdog and drinking a warm $6.50 beer. :mad2:

SergntMac
06-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Hockey?

What the puck is this hockey anyway....

Oh...I get it now. Golf in sub-zero temps.

Whatever...

FordNut
06-29-2005, 05:18 AM
Hockey?

What the puck is this hockey anyway....

Oh...I get it now. Golf in sub-zero temps.

Whatever...
Yep, to most of us it wouldn't matter if they went on a permanent strike.

I've seen the same number of pro hockey games as I have pro soccer games.

Live or on TV, absolutely ZERO

dwasson
06-29-2005, 05:38 AM

He's right of course. That's why I haven't seen a baseball game in ten years.