PDA

View Full Version : In Illinois

rocknrod
06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Now I'm in "Venice"????? Illinois. Next to the closed McKinnley bridge. Lovely spot.:)

RoyLPita
06-28-2005, 10:48 AM
They are sending you all over. What's next--- Three Mile Island?!

rocknrod
06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Don't say THAT too loud;)

marauder307
06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Get outta there man! I've seen that part of Illinois...that's deep inside the red-light district. Everything from Venice and Brooklyn south to Sauget and Cahokia is awful...the CG unit here in STL that I used to be with has to drive up through there to get to Alton. We never go through there unless we're packin'...that's all East St. Louis area, and it's the worst part.

I'm not sure where you are in Venice...there's a couple of new-car delivery yards in that area (seen lots of new Dodge trucks behind the fence) and the old Granite City Arsenal is over there.

Unless you're on some kinda important business, beat feet man...trust me, you don't want to let yourself get caught over there after dark. :eek: :eek: :shake:

Rider90
06-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Whats that Billy Joel song...something Venice....hmm

great song.

Shaft333
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Oof. East St. Louis. There's a town. I remember visiting a strip club there and leaning to my bud to say, "gee man, I can nearly feel the ghonarhea in the air... clinging to me." Then we went to Deja Vu and it was ok.

BUCKWHEAT
06-28-2005, 08:57 PM
If you would have driven up the street tonight from Venice to Granite City, you would have see me dragging the only MM to show up for street tire nite at Gateway Intl Raceway. Did 13.28 in all that heat. Everyone was slow. Does anyone from the St Louis MM group actually race their car?

Bradley G
06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
If they do, You would never know it by the number of Marauders that showed up for the 2005 World Ford Challenge in May. Me and Rich a cool guy with a Bad azz '63 running mid elevens on all motor and pump gas!:eek:

Great Job !:beer:
Bradley G

If you would have driven up the street tonight from Venice to Granite City, you would have see me dragging the only MM to show up for street tire nite at Gateway Intl Raceway. Did 13.28 in all that heat. Everyone was slow. Does anyone from the St Louis MM group actually race their car?

rocknrod
06-29-2005, 05:23 AM
Get outta there man! I've seen that part of Illinois...that's deep inside the red-light district. Everything from Venice and Brooklyn south to Sauget and Cahokia is awful...the CG unit here in STL that I used to be with has to drive up through there to get to Alton. We never go through there unless we're packin'...that's all East St. Louis area, and it's the worst part.

I'm not sure where you are in Venice...there's a couple of new-car delivery yards in that area (seen lots of new Dodge trucks behind the fence) and the old Granite City Arsenal is over there.

Unless you're on some kinda important business, beat feet man...trust me, you don't want to let yourself get caught over there after dark. :eek: :eek: :shake:Ya man we pass a gaggle of strip clubs to and from work just north of 55/70 on 3. The Dodge truck yard is just south of those strip clubs. Yep this place is a trip alright. NO WAY I would stop on the way home to the hotel. I'm staying in Collinsville for the deration. Last night I went to a chrome shop in St. Louis and dropped off some stuff for my 32 Ford. Anybody ever tell you guys it's HOT here (temp wise)?