PDA

View Full Version : What's the population of California?

Mad4Macs
07-01-2005, 04:56 PM
This really gets to me;

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/12035918.htm

OK, it's the 2nd case of West Nile in California, and it's getting national press?
So.. this year... how many children died of leukemia? How many were murdered in "family disputes" or after a kidnapping? It's likely that more than two people died on the states roadways this year... but since the current hot-button is West Nile, somehow it's more newsworthy?
:confused:
Yeah, the media makes me sick sometimes...

Dr Caleb
07-01-2005, 06:22 PM
:up:

It was mentioned here too, that last year there were only 10 deaths due to West Nile. The reason? Most have been bit, and now we're immune.

At least there is the possibility they'll let it go in the years to come . . .

Petrograde
07-01-2005, 06:32 PM

Amen Brother!

..on a similar note.

***NEWS FLASH***

PRETTY BLOND CO-ED IS MISSING! UPDATES EVERY 2 MINUTES!

I guess only pretty white chicks get kidnapped? You should would think so by watching the news. :bs:

hitchhiker
07-01-2005, 07:52 PM
This really gets to me;

OK, it's the 2nd case of West Nile in California, and it's getting national press?
So.. this year... how many children died of leukemia? How many were murdered in "family disputes" or after a kidnapping? It's likely that more than two people died on the states roadways this year... but since the current hot-button is West Nile, somehow it's more newsworthy?
What the media should really be covering is the selling out of our country!

Instead, they cover all the routine BS and fluff.

I don't turn on the news to hear a bunch of 'Chatty Kathys' talk about their personal esteem issues and celebrity worship. The daily serving of fires, accidents, and gunshots is distracting people from what they really need to hear.

For instance, the Senate yesterday voted for CAFTA. This will put the last nail in the coffin of American workers. Hopefully this can be turned around in the house. Our future depends on it.

I watch Lou Dobbs daily.

Good Information, backed up by facts, not mindless drivel and slogans.

When will this regime start protecting American people instead of corporations?

:mad2:

ParkRanger
07-05-2005, 09:45 AM
This really gets to me;

It's not that only two people died from West Nile - the real story is how this disease can easily become an epidemic.
Your only protection today is hoping that the knuckleheads in your city/town clean up their standing water and that your municipality is actively spraying to kill the mosquitoes.
Failure of both of the above could result in a massive viral infection of the brain, caused by a simple mosquito bite, for which physicians have no known cure. Anyone who has had meningitis or encephalitis (children most susceptable) knows how hard this can hit - and all efforts to eradicate and educate should be supported. My 2 percent of a dollar.

PR :burnout:

rocknrod
07-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Not for nothin....but has there ever been a "Virus" that has been defeated. ie a vacine made for it ? I'm talking Virus here not germs or deseases.

Smokie
07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Not for nothin....but has there ever been a "Virus" that has been defeated. ie a vacine made for it ? I'm talking Virus here not germs or deseases.Polio Virus ----Polio Vaccine-----No more polio.

rayjay
07-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Polio Virus ----Polio Vaccine-----No more polio.
Except in the 3rd world.

hitchhiker
07-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Polio Virus ----Polio Vaccine-----No more polio.
Except until the current leaders let the whole world in to obtain cheap labor.

Better have the kids vaccinated. It's Back! Along with TB too!

:D

Smokie
07-07-2005, 06:22 PM
The question was: what virus has ever been defeated by a vaccine???, there is no except. My answer is a correct answer to the question. The vaccine when used defeats the virus....period.:)