PDA

View Full Version : August Hot Rod Mag.

DirtyDog
07-02-2005, 08:15 AM
There is an article about the Florida Hyway Patrol and their Marauders. It talks about Dennis' modifications and not to bougther trying to out run these Marauders.

Page 40

Glenn
07-02-2005, 08:18 AM
My only question for FL MM owners, do the FHP cut MM owners abreak when they get pulled over. We must have areal life experience out there somewhere. Just curious!

Glenn

wsmylie
07-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Been stopped for minor speeding infractions twice by FHP in the Marauder over the sixteen months I've owned the car. Once by a Camaro FHP unit on 595 near Ft. Lauderdale and more recently by an unmarked FHP Crown Vic on I-75 just south of the Georgia border. Both times the troopers were nice guys, commented on the MM and mentioned that some of their fellow troopers had been issued Marauders to deal with aggressive traffic violators. Didn't receive a ticket either time, just a warning. In my case, both times I was stopped it was for a single, minor speeding violation; I suspect if someone gets stopped for serious speeding violations and/or multiple infractions that are on the aggressive and reckless side that tickets are gonna get issued regardless of the MM/FHP connection.
My only question for FL MM owners, do the FHP cut MM owners abreak when they get pulled over. We must have areal life experience out there somewhere. Just curious!

Glenn

johnfain
07-02-2005, 07:30 PM

Glenn

I can tell you the local county cops near Jasper Florida don't. I got tagged doing 90 in a 70 (on I-75) and had a huge ticket.