PDA

View Full Version : The day finally arrived! New MM owner

ridinclean
07-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Well today my friends it finally happened. I made a drive to right outside of Orlando to try to make a little purchase. As I arrived for my appointment there was a guy in a Grand Marquis talking on his phone looking at my baby. He seemed to be very excited like he wanted to beat me to getting her. However I had a check in my hand so I wasnt going to let it slip away. After looking the car over I was very impressed with how well the leather looked and the quality of the paint. After giving her a test drive I knew she was all mine. 30 minutes later I had the keys in my hand and the grin began.:D I purchased a black 300A 2003 MM with 13k miles for $20,300 plus tax.

The 2 and a half hour ride home didnt seem to last nearly as long as I would have liked. I absolutely love this car, I have never driven anything like it. I was very impressed with the power on the ride home. I would like to give a special thanks to Ray Kammer for checking it out for me, I appreciate it greatly. Now I have been inside the house for too long Im going to go drive her!!!

Marauderman
07-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Isn't it funny --how a car can make you fell exactley alike--even if you are years apart-----his age and mine---Are we not feeling what he is feeling all over again??--oh yeah!!!!--good luck and WELCOME ABOARD to the finest group of folks knowledgeable on the MM--.........Tom

Cobra25
07-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Congrats on the Purchase of your New Marauder. Now the real fun begins. Mods! Don't forget to join our little group ( 65 members) SunShine State Marauders. We have a Central Florida meet on the second Saturday of the month , PM Malo03 for meeting place or wait for the post, We have Our Official Monthly Meet at the Tower shops, In Davie, July 15th. send me a pm if interested or just show up & we have a West Coast picnic July 24 th. their is a post about it or PM Bootlegger. Again Congrats and Welcome.

huot5
07-02-2005, 06:18 PM
:D I can just see it now....a kid with a grown up man's sports sedan. way to go. enjoy.

jgc61sr2002
07-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Congrats and good luck with your new Marauder. :D :up:

Rider90
07-02-2005, 07:16 PM
:D I can just see it now....a kid with a grown up man's sports sedan. way to go. enjoy.

Damn whipper-snappers :run:

oldekid
07-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Did you purchase from a local dealer or was it an individual? I was just at my dealer today for an oil change in Longwood, which is just north of Orlando. I'm pretty sure they didn't have any on the lot.

Glad you got your MM. Now it's time for the mods to begin. I just got 4.10s the other day, and am almost done with the break in period. I jumped on it a little this evening and was really impressed. Technically I have about another 50 miles to baby it. That is so very hard to do.

Welcome to the forum, and we hope to see you at some of our meets in Central Florida.

ctrcbob
07-02-2005, 08:07 PM
John,

I know you like Longwood L-M as you have mentioned it before. I'm sure that they have a good Service Department if you like them. My question for you is Did you purchase your MM, or any car from Longwood?

Reason I ask is that last year, when trying to purchase a used 02 Continental from them, I caught them trying to cheat me bigtime, plus their sales methods were not to my liking. (To make a long story short, they wanted me to fill out a "Ford Credit" request, even though they knew I was paying cash). Needless to say, I did not purchase from them and I will never darken their doorway again. I purchased an identical 02 Continental from Plaza L-M in Leesburg two months later at a much reduced price. Plaza never lied to me and when I told them what Longwood was trying to do to me, Plaza said they never heard of such a thing.

I found a used 03 MM at Ford of Ocala, but again, I did not like their sales methods, and even before we started to "dicker" on price, I just got up and told the salesman that "I was no longer interested in the car". Holy smokes, managers came out of the woodwork trying to get me back in, but I don't do business like that, so after talking to one of the "Big Managers" outside next to my old car, I just left.

A week later, I ended up buying my 03 MM at Mullinax Ford-Mercury in New Smyrna Beach. Certified Car. Sales department treated me right. No games. The price was the price, and it was $4000.00 less then the listed price of the one in Ocala. I had two issues with the car. Their Service Department went out of their way to make me happy, and even corrected some things that I had not told them about. If I lived in that area, I would take my car there but because I don't, I take both my MM and my Continental to Prestige Ford in Mount Dora, and sometimes to Plaza L-M in Leesburg. They both treat me right.

the_pack_rat
07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
ENJOY !!!.

:beer:

Two Hawks
07-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Isn't it funny --how a car can make you fell exactley alike--even if you are years apart-----his age and mine---Are we not feeling what he is feeling all over again??--oh yeah!!!!--good luck and WELCOME ABOARD to the finest group of folks knowledgeable on the MM--.........Tom:2thumbs: Well said.

:congrats: ridinclean. The fun has just begun. :burnout: :D

AzMarauder
07-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Isn't it funny --how a car can make you fell exactley alike--even if you are years apart-----his age and mine---Are we not feeling what he is feeling all over again??--oh yeah!!!!--good luck and WELCOME ABOARD to the finest group of folks knowledgeable on the MM--.........Tom
Yeah.. but he is young enough to score chicks without the car... we old 'uns however.... :rolleyes:

Big Joe P
07-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Welcome...

oldekid
07-02-2005, 08:34 PM
John,

I know you like Longwood L-M as you have mentioned it before. I'm sure that they have a good Service Department if you like them. My question for you is Did you purchase your MM, or any car from Longwood?

Yes, Bob. . . . I did purchase my MM from Longwood Lincoln Mercury. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience there. I don't necessarily like them, I have never liked any car dealers. They had the MM, and I wanted it. We talked, argued, and finally reached an agreement. I don't think there was anything different with them that I hadn't gone through with other dealers. I go there because it's convenient for me. Other than that, I could care less.

If I ever have a problem with them, I will go somewhere else.

ridinclean
07-02-2005, 08:46 PM
I actually purchased the car from Woodall Auto Wholesale in Ocoee FL. And I may be a young whipper-snapper but I have been driving a vic for 3 years now and have become obsessed with MM's. It was time for me to step it up! That sure was one big step though let me tell you. :banana: <<-----thats how i felt driving home except I was sitting down so I couldnt really dance.

And yes I have "gotten on it" several times...its addicting. (if anyone was wondering)

oldekid
07-02-2005, 08:59 PM
I actually purchased the car from Woodall Auto Wholesale in Ocoee FL. And I may be a young whipper-snapper but I have been driving a vic for 3 years now and have become obsessed with MM's. It was time for me to step it up! That sure was one big step though let me tell you. :banana: <<-----thats how i felt driving home except I was sitting down so I couldnt really dance.

And yes I have "gotten on it" several times...its addicting. (if anyone was wondering)I'm happy for you, and welcome to the club! This forum is a great place to learn all about the Marauder. Drive safe, and enjoy!

David Morton
07-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Ahhh, another fine member of our wee clan! Read on me boy, and see what's available, figure where you're going to wind up, and develope a sane strategy for how to get there.

Meantime, drive that bugger! :bagpipe2:

RoyLPita
07-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Congrats and enjoy.

Jolly Roger
07-03-2005, 07:19 AM
There's no turning back now.
You will soon know how a trout feels, as you are slowiy but surely reeled in.
Only to find that there are hundreds of us already in the basket.:)
Welcome, you will enjoy.;)

RoyLPita
07-03-2005, 07:58 AM
BTW, the ad for your MM is still up in the Auto Trader.

ckadiddle
07-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Welcome! Marauders are a rather pleasant obsession, aren't they?

ridinclean
07-04-2005, 08:07 AM
A rather pleasant obsession, that was well put. Man I feel like I own the road when Im driving this thing. :cool: I just kinda wish more people knew what it was, most probably just think its a loaded marquis...but I guess thats just another reason why we are all so attracted to this beast. I like the "what the hell is that" look that you get. Anyways I will try to wash it today and get some pics on here pretty soon.

LordVader
07-05-2005, 08:11 AM
:cool: Congratulations on becoming a new owner!! That ride home is just the beginning of the experience. I got mine with around the same mileage as yours and am now at about 21K and it has all been fun! Between the car and this site I find out something new everyday.

djv5150
07-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Welcome, You will see,the car gets better every day.

ckadiddle
07-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Man I feel like I own the road when Im driving this thing. :cool:
That's exactly it. You hit the nail on the head. You just can't get that feeling in a honda civic or toyota camry.:)

Rkammer
07-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Yes, Bob. . . . I did purchase my MM from Longwood Lincoln Mercury. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience there. I don't necessarily like them, I have never liked any car dealers. They had the MM, and I wanted it. We talked, argued, and finally reached an agreement. I don't think there was anything different with them that I hadn't gone through with other dealers. I go there because it's convenient for me. Other than that, I could care less.
If I ever have a problem with them, I will go somewhere else.
I didn't purchase my MM from Longwood LM but did take it to them for service for a bad fuel pump under warranty last week. I've never dealt with them (either for sales or service) before and must say that I had a great experience. They drove me home, called me when they found the problem, had the car ready when promised and also washed it to boot. The service writer (also assitsant service manager) drove it after it was fixed to make sure the problem was solved and they also called me twice after several days to make sure I was happy with their service. I fealt really pampered and hope this relationship continues this way.

oldekid
07-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Glad to hear that Ray. Since I bought my car, I have had a few minor issues with the car, and they have always treated me right. I guess I didn't get pampered like you did yet, but no complaints so far. I'll continue to deal with them unless that changes.