PDA

View Full Version : Slow drivers everywhere?

Rider90
07-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Is anyone else experiencing slower driving everywhere you go? I understand the once in awhile driver that does 5 or 10 under, but when everyone is doing 5 under everywhere you go it just makes you wonder. On the way home today I took one route, experienced below limit drivers, and passed. Got to the next batch, same thing. Took a different route, same thing, then another route, same thing. WTF? I'm not tail gating, in fact I'm driving as care free as they seem to be, but I don't ever remember it ever being this slow from point A to point B. I've noticed this for a couple months and just thought "Nahh, its nothin.." but today kinda ticked me off. Notice I'm talking about driving at the limit, not over, but just meeting the posted limit without creating a long line of tailgaters on my butt.

Anyone else catching on to this?

Shaft333
07-06-2005, 11:26 AM
YES!
But two different scenarios.
The most common is the car in front suspects I'm a cop and slows way down.

Two... there are certain roads that people love to drive slow on. 38, 64 and Butterfield (52?). People always going under the limit.

I guess a third scenario is people on the phone. Who always drive slow and erratically but swear up and down that it's no more distracting than listening to music. :rolleyes: Wholearses... all of them.

SilverStreak
07-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Jason,

Maybe folks are slowin down as the gas prices go up.:depress: Trying to eek out a little extra mpg.

Is anyone else experiencing slower driving everywhere you go? I understand the once in awhile driver that does 5 or 10 under, but when everyone is doing 5 under everywhere you go it just makes you wonder. On the way home today I took one route, experienced below limit drivers, and passed. Got to the next batch, same thing. Took a different route, same thing, then another route, same thing. WTF? I'm not tail gating, in fact I'm driving as care free as they seem to be, but I don't ever remember it ever being this slow from point A to point B. I've noticed this for a couple months and just thought "Nahh, its nothin.." but today kinda ticked me off. Notice I'm talking about driving at the limit, not over, but just meeting the posted limit without creating a long line of tailgaters on my butt.

Anyone else catching on to this?

ctrcbob
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Going too slow? You got to be kidding! I drove up to Brunswick GA yesterday, then returned last night. If I try to drive the speed limit (70), everyone passes me. If I drive between 76 and 79, everyone still passes me! Saw the same thing when I drove up North back in early June.

Sure. I got a fast car! I know I got a fast car! I don't have to prove I got a fast car!!!!!!!

STLR FN
07-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah I've noticed the same thing. What really gets me is I pass them doing the posted speed limit and they look at me(you) like you're going 20mph over the limit.:mad2: