PDA

View Full Version : Off to Orlando today!

CRUZTAKER
07-07-2005, 08:46 AM
A much needed get away has finally arrived. An odd time of the year however, as we usually vacation in the late fall when it's cold around here.

This year is different. My wife and her sisters have planned a special trip for Mom's 60 birthday for years. She is off work in July.

We're off to Disney for 8 days. (And then off to our place in Bradenton for another week or so.)

I have never been there, nor thought I ever would. Entertainment parks were never on my list of 'to-do' trips, particularly in July....hot...humid...hurrican e-y....would much rather be in Barbados in November....:rolleyes:

However, I am sure it will be a great time, and Gage should enjoy himself. I will definately stop at every one of the park's 'virtual' COUNTRIES and have 2 of the local brews at every stop. :beer:

This is also a great photo op trip for the D70. I recently upgraded my primary lense to a 18-200 Tamaron....wide angle is MINE! (Stop drooling James....;) )

Gonna do some major deep water fishing off the gulf coast after Disney as well.

All packed, and ready for 3:00 pm!!!

MM03MOK
07-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Safe travel, my friends!!

SouLRioT
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Barry, not sure if your going to beable to get free but the central guys are having a meet this Saturday if your interested. They havent gotten to see too many highly modded MMs in there area yet. I'm sure your car would be a well welcomed addition to the show. In any case, be safe on the road and enjoy.

oldekid
07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
It is hot as hell here. We've gone for a couple days with no rain. Now we have a storm heading sort of this way. All I can say is. . . . have fun and make the most of it. I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Yesterday on the way home my outside temp was 103. Today is about the same. Of course that is out on the hot pavement, which is similar to Disney.

Keep plenty of liquids in your body. . . . :beer:

2003 MIB
07-07-2005, 09:45 AM
DO NOT blink in Epcot or you'll miss Canada...It was really cool but not much space was devoted to our Northern brothers. If it was up to me, I would let Canada invade France and take over that space.:beer: :beer:

CRUZTAKER
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
.... If it was up to me, I would let Canada invade France and take over that space.
I can agree with that. ;)

Thanks all.

ckadiddle
07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
DO NOT blink in Epcot or you'll miss Canada...It was really cool but not much space was devoted to our Northern brothers. If it was up to me, I would let Canada invade France and take over that space.:beer: :beer:
I agree.
What does Canada do for us?
Mercury Marauders!
What does France do for us?
Renault Le Car.

ckadiddle
07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
See ya at the parks. I am on vacation next week cause my nine year old niece is in town from San Diego. I understand we'll be hitting some of the theme parks while she is here.

Merc-O-matic
07-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe you can bring back home some rain to "OHIO"
:) :) :) We need it!

ctrcbob
07-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Watch out for "Dennis". Now the weatherman says that it is making a turn east, and may be heading our way. I just purchased an emergency generator and today I got 24 gallons of fuel for it, just for when (not if) I lose power like I did last year. I never lost power with Charlie, but with Francis, I lost power for 49 hours and with Jeanne, I lost power for 29 hours. As bad as we had it here in Central Florida, those in the Florida Panhandle (read Pensacola) had it even worse with the one storm, Ivan.

Keeping watch on Dennis!

Bluerauder
07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
We're off to Disney for 8 days. (And then off to our place in Bradenton for another week or so.).... Gonna do some major deep water fishing off the gulf coast after Disney as well.
Sounds like a great trip .... you are gonna need a vacation just to come down off that activity packed jaunt. :D

Have a safe trip .... and I bet you enjoy the parks as much as Gage !!! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, drink 4 in Deutschland !!! :beer:

Dennis Reinhart
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
A much needed get away has finally arrived. An odd time of the year however, as we usually vacation in the late fall when it's cold around here.

This year is different. My wife and her sisters have planned a special trip for Mom's 60 birthday for years. She is off work in July.

We're off to Disney for 8 days. (And then off to our place in Bradenton for another week or so.)

I have never been there, nor thought I ever would. Entertainment parks were never on my list of 'to-do' trips, particularly in July....hot...humid...hurrican e-y....would much rather be in Barbados in November....:rolleyes:

However, I am sure it will be a great time, and Gage should enjoy himself. I will definately stop at every one of the park's 'virtual' COUNTRIES and have 2 of the local brews at every stop. :beer:

This is also a great photo op trip for the D70. I recently upgraded my primary lense to a 18-200 Tamaron....wide angle is MINE! (Stop drooling James....;) )

Gonna do some major deep water fishing off the gulf coast after Disney as well.

All packed, and ready for 3:00 pm!!!
You Best not drive by here with out stopping or I am going to call the FHP

cyclone03
07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
You Best not drive by here with out stopping or I am going to call the FHP

I think Dennis may know a few of those guys! :)

jgc61sr2002
07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Barry - Hope you and your family have a wonderful time. :D

Bootlegger
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Barry, our SSM picnic is the 24th if your still in the state, you and yours are more than welcome...

RoyLPita
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
What are the chances of joining us for the picnic on the 24th?

Cobra25
07-07-2005, 07:10 PM
It would be nice if he could join us either on the 15th or the 24th.