PDA

View Full Version : Speed Grill?

kingsford
07-10-2005, 12:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone has replaced their front grill with a speed grill? Any thoughts and/or pics would be appreciated...
Thanks

BK_GrandMarquis
07-10-2005, 12:44 AM
I was wondering if anyone has replaced their front grill with a speed grill? Any thoughts and/or pics would be appreciated...
Thanks

What is it? Never heard of the term.

kingsford
07-10-2005, 12:55 AM
they are the grills that are on the R type jaguars ---

SergntMac
07-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Got a pic? I would love to see something "faster" than a Zack grill...

BK_GrandMarquis
07-10-2005, 02:39 AM
they are the grills that are on the R type jaguars ---
You mean these? They just look like a fine mesh grill. Why are they called Speed Grills?

Zack
07-10-2005, 03:47 AM
I can make these 'speed grills' you speak of.
Just send me the mesh material, that easy.
Zack

kingsford
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Zack

I do not know the exact mat'l...I will try to find out. thanks for the offer

kingsford
07-10-2005, 05:01 PM
You mean these? They just look like a fine mesh grill. Why are they called Speed Grills?

I have no clue...they make you go faster; like a 100lb spoiler does for a civic

Dan
07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Zack

Zack,

Do you have a recipe for getting a PI type grill in there?

Dan

Zack
07-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Zack,

Dan

Short answer, it is not possible.

MERCMAN
07-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Anyone else find it funny that we get a speed-grill question from Kingsford?? I was expecting a SA answer like " Webber makes a 3-burner that ROCKS"

:rofl:

kingsford
07-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Anyone else find it funny that we get a speed-grill question from Kingsford?? I was expecting a SA answer like " Webber makes a 3-burner that ROCKS"

:lol: awesome

MENINBLK
07-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Zack,

Dan

1 - PI Grille
1 - PI Front Header
1 - PI LH Headlamp ASSM
1 - PI RH Headlamp ASSM
1 - PI LH Corner Lamp
1 - PI RH Corner Lamp

You may not need to change the bumper.
That all depends on how much space is between the Marauder Bumper
and the CV PI bumper.
The CV PI bumper may be TALLER...

Dan
07-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey Pete,

Thanks but I was thinking of something that was more for just the grill area and not the entire front facia. :)

Best,

Dan

SergntMac
07-11-2005, 06:10 PM
You need to take your medicine and lay down a while in a dark cool room.

Now look at what you have done. Folks want to change out the entire front clip!

Y'all are sick. SICK I say!

Big House
07-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Zack,

I can't believe you said it was not possible, considering the brakelight spoiler you did...that was a precision work of art. A mesh type grill like the ones on Jags should be childs play to you. If it were posible...could be possible to give jaguar a call and see what is the replacement cost of the lower mesh on the XLR. Once you get that is it possible to take that mesh material and fashion it to fit our grill opening. And for those that want the steath look, have it powered black. Lets us know.

Big House

BK_GrandMarquis
07-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Zack,

Dan
Did you mean the honeycomb grill for a Marauder?

Dan
07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Yes. Exactly!

Zack
07-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Zack,

I can't believe you said it was not possible, considering the brakelight spoiler you did...that was a precision work of art. A mesh type grill like the ones on Jags should be childs play to you. If it were posible...could be possible to give jaguar a call and see what is the replacement cost of the lower mesh on the XLR. Once you get that is it possible to take that mesh material and fashion it to fit our grill opening. And for those that want the steath look, have it powered black. Lets us know.

Big House

There is no commercially available 3-Dimensional honeycomb material available.
The Jaguar mesh material is sold over the counter at metal supply warehouses. In my opinion, it doesnt look good, no depth.
If anyone on this entire site can find me this 3-D honeycomb material, Ill buy the material and churn out 5 or more grills to sell.

Big House
07-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Zack,

Thanks for your opinion on this. I guess a few of us though this was another one of those things you sprinkle you dust over and produce a masterpiece. Thanks.

Big House

Warpath
07-13-2005, 07:12 PM

I think those grills are Strut grills. They are the woven wire ones that are on Bentleys. Here's a pic of one (dial up warning)

http://www.dubpublishing.com/_desktops/DUB_03_1600.jpg

The speed grills are basically sheet metal with diamond cut outs. I think they call them speed grill because the are installed very quickly. I think you just insert them in the grill opening over the existing grill.

http://www.grille-tech.com/view.html?prodid=96&image=1
http://www.grille-tech.com/products/200407311700511.jpg

BigCars4Ever
07-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks
Like this?? http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2896 You need to contact this guy and see if he will make you one!

Big House
07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
To heck withthe grill....was that a manual transmission in a Mercury Marauder coupled to an engine with a twin screw on top?

Dan
07-18-2005, 06:27 PM
There is no commercially available 3-Dimensional honeycomb material available.
The Jaguar mesh material is sold over the counter at metal supply warehouses. In my opinion, it doesnt look good, no depth.
If anyone on this entire site can find me this 3-D honeycomb material, Ill buy the material and churn out 5 or more grills to sell.

http://www.metal-mart.com/HTML/CacExports.htm

http://www.honeycombone.com/nonmetallic.htm

http://www.panelprojects.com/honeycomb.htm

Zack,

I hope that the above three references are enough t get you started. Sine I am providing the information, please, put my honeycomb grill at the front of the line. I'll pay.

Just remember, it needs to be flat black to get the right effect.

Thanks.

Dan

Zack
07-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Im on it, thanks for the info.

Dan
07-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Great. Thanks. Just remember, I want to be first on line! :)

Dan

studio460
08-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Im on it, thanks for the info.Hey, Zack!!! Remember me??? I JUST got my Zack badgeless grille detoothed, courtesy of my local carwash!!! I'm missing the entire middle tine!!! (Just happened yesterday) BUT, IF I can get that PI-style HONEYCOMB grille that I've been DREAMING about for two years, I WANT IT!!! I NEED IT!!! Help! My Marauder is now toothless!!!

Thanks!

Petrograde
08-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey 'Shooter! Long time no see! Good to hear from ya again!

CRUZTAKER
08-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey 'Shooter! Long time no see! Good to hear from ya again!
No doubt...where you been man!!!

Sorry, off topic.

Dan
08-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey Shooter,

I still want to see the rest of the girl that goes with those legs. :)

Zack,

Any luck with the honeycomb links I provided? I do want to see that work out for you and us.

Dan

Zack
08-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey, Zack!!! Remember me??? I JUST got my Zack badgeless grille detoothed, courtesy of my local carwash!!! I'm missing the entire middle tine!!! (Just happened yesterday) BUT, IF I can get that PI-style HONEYCOMB grille that I've been DREAMING about for two years, I WANT IT!!! I NEED IT!!! Help! My Marauder is now toothless!!!

Thanks!

Send it back, Ill fix it fo free.
Badgeless grills dont like carwashes, shame on you for not washing it yourself!

Zack
08-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey Shooter,

I still want to see the rest of the girl that goes with those legs. :)

Zack,

Any luck with the honeycomb links I provided? I do want to see that work out for you and us.

Dan

I havent got around to the honeycomb project yet, a lot of other stuff Im tinkering with. As the weather gets colder, I get more creative.

RCSignals
08-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Zack,

Big House

He said the wire mesh was possible.

RCSignals
08-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Yes, yes I did think that.

I just didn't want to be the first to say it :D

studio460
08-28-2005, 04:17 AM
I still want to see the rest of the girl that goes with those legs.Hey--it's great to see all you guys again, too, Petrograde, Cruztaker, et.al. As for your desire to see the rest of the girl, Dan, unfortunately, that's why I haven't been around. I left her last Xmas and I met someone new.

studio460
08-28-2005, 04:28 AM
Send it back, Ill fix it fo free.WHEW! Thanks Zack!!! Man, I was sooooooooo worried that I would never have another Zack grille since you said you retired from making those a while back. PM me the details . . . thanks!!!

P.S. Not too keen on the mesh grille, but would still LOVE a P.I. honeycomb grille someday!

Dan
08-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Hey--it's great to see all you guys again, too, Petrograde, Cruztaker, et.al. As for your desire to see the rest of the girl, Dan, unfortunately, that's why I haven't been around. I left her last Xmas and I met someone new.

Ahh, but I recall that you once said that "If I ever break up with her I'll post up some pics." So, here we are. :) :D

Dan