PDA

View Full Version : World Class Racing Today on Speed

cyclone03
07-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Ok forget about the USGP F1 race,nobody will boycott the racing from Moteray CA today.

Tune in at 5pm eastern for the US MOTORCYCLE GP from Laguna Seca if youve never even thought of watching a motorcycle road race you have to check this one out.
990cc bikes making,some say, 250hp(!).
Plus the TRACK,the world famous Cork Screw ,a pair of turns that drops 3 stories in about 150 feet!

If you have Speed TV check the listing for "Moto GP World Championship Series" from Salinas today it's on at 4pm for me here in TX.

Oh and BTW the bike fans have SOLD OUT Laguna Seca for all three days of this event! over 75,000 fans per day! The Indy cars do not sell out Laguna,the Historics do not sell out Laguna,the last race to even come close to a sell out was the First USGP back in 1988!

Check it out.

cyclone03
07-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Well it was an American 1-2!

Nickey Hayden from Owensburo Kentucky won his first Moto GP race today in front of 75,000 American Fans,he led from start to finish.

Secound went to Texan Colin Edwards.

Third was Championship leader Valentino Rossi.

Post race when asked what was going threw his head on the last lap,Hayden respounded, "all I could think about was what my parents gave up to get me here". Class act for sure and a nice guy who deserved to have his first MotoGP win at the first USGP in 11 years.

Hope you guys look for the replay if you didn't catch it live.