PDA

View Full Version : Jailed Journalist Reports NY Times Desecration

dwasson
07-10-2005, 10:57 AM
(2005-07-09) -- Law enforcement authorities in major U.S. cities put riot police on high alert today after recently-jailed journalist Judith Miller complained that prison guards had desecrated her copy of The New York Times.

"We know that journalists worship the Times," said one deputy police chief, "If they take to the streets in protest, things could get ugly fast."

Ms. Miller, who works for the Times' counter-intelligence department, told an unnamed visitor that her copy of the revered 'Gray Lady' had been carelessly tossed on the floor, handled by a conservative Republican jailer (who she called 'an infidel') and may have been used as a lining for a cat's litter box.

"They did everything but flush it down the toilet," she said. "They have no respect for the 'paper of record', may it publish forever, nor for the wise and powerful ones who create this daily miracle."

Wednesday, a judge sentenced Ms. Miller to jail for obstructing a federal investigation into who leaked the identity of a covert CIA operative, Valerie Plame, who also posed for pictures in a top-secret issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

jgc61sr2002
07-10-2005, 12:14 PM
(2005-07-09) -- Law enforcement authorities in major U.S. cities put riot police on high alert today after recently-jailed journalist Judith Miller complained that prison guards had desecrated her copy of The New York Times.

"We know that journalists worship the Times," said one deputy police chief, "If they take to the streets in protest, things could get ugly fast."

Ms. Miller, who works for the Times' counter-intelligence department, told an unnamed visitor that her copy of the revered 'Gray Lady' had been carelessly tossed on the floor, handled by a conservative Republican jailer (who she called 'an infidel') and may have been used as a lining for a cat's litter box.

"They did everything but flush it down the toilet," she said. "They have no respect for the 'paper of record', may it publish forever, nor for the wise and powerful ones who create this daily miracle."

Wednesday, a judge sentenced Ms. Miller to jail for obstructing a federal investigation into who leaked the identity of a covert CIA operative, Valerie Plame, who also posed for pictures in a top-secret issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

:D :rofl: :laugh:

metroplex
07-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Where Can I find the pics of the vanity fair mag??

David Morton
07-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Valerie Plame had a network of spies working for her trying to find out about WMDs in the hands of terrorists and her operation was destroyed, either on purpose or accidentally, and that you guys think that that is a topic for rude jokes and make lewd comments about a fine woman that put her life on the line for our country just because she's a democrat, scares the hell out of me.

STLR FN
07-11-2005, 05:23 AM
You crack me up Dan. :laugh:

dwasson
07-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Here's (http://michellemalkin.com/archives/002917.htm) a photo of the spy. Hiding in the shadows.

Here's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame) some more secret info too.

dwasson
07-11-2005, 10:09 AM
and that you guys think that that is a topic for rude jokes and make lewd comments about a fine woman that put her life on the line for our country just because she's a democrat, scares the hell out of me.

Dave, life doesn't stop being serious because someone laughs, and it doesn't stop being funny because someone dies.

Eric91Z
07-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I didn't know that she was a Democrat until mentioned on here. But her comments make it sound like the New York Times is the bible. Who cares what someone uses a paper for. I think I will go buy one just to pick up dog pooh in the backyard... :D

David Morton
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I didn't know that she was a Democrat until mentioned on here. But her comments make it sound like the New York Times is the bible. Who cares what someone uses a paper for. I think I will go buy one just to pick up dog pooh in the backyard... :DValerie Plame is the democrat that has had her career as a spy ended as an act of revenge. The Times reporter is taking a fall protecting her source, which is probably a republican that understands country comes before party.

They probably want to know who the rat is inside the Bush White House, which seems to think they are the country and are certainly not the servants of the country.