PDA

View Full Version : My other project

03marauder
07-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Well, since I've seen some other posts with members showing their other project cars, I thought I would do the same. My other project car is a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan. I bought it several years ago. Only two rust spots on the entire car, below the tail lights, and they were easy to fix. Bought the car for 3k, and it came with a 9" ford rear end, mustang front suspension, and all new chrome trim. Pretty good deal. Completely took the car apart in a few months. Then proceded to sandblast the paint off the entire body, inside and out. To keep away the rust it was painted with POR-15 as a basecoat. The door handles have been removed. The corners of the trunk lid and doors have also been smoothed. I have a Chevy 350 for power. Right now the car sits on jack stands in the garage, as there is no suspension, waiting for the new stuff. Not much work got done on it during college, seeing as I worked 30 hours a week and attended 2 colleges at the same time for 2 majors. I need to start putting money away to work on it. Should be a nice ride when done.

Rider90
07-11-2005, 05:17 AM
That Aerosedan is going to look sweet when you finish it, what color? Looks like a plush ride.

03marauder
07-11-2005, 05:25 AM
I was thinking of a dark purple. A few months after I thought of the color I wanted I saw a feature of a 47 in Street Rodder magazine. It was a dark purple and looked pretty sweet. Although I am going to keep the grill chrome, that guy had painted his body color.

jgc61sr2002
07-11-2005, 05:35 AM
My father had a 1948 when I was a kid. :) Good luck with your project. :up: Keep us posted.

Rider90
07-11-2005, 05:36 AM
Very nice, I like Dark Purple a lot and that will look killer when its finished! :coolman:

03marauder
07-12-2005, 05:51 AM
This is the car I saw in Street Rodder magazine after I bought mine. I have a set of bumpers that have been smoothed and primed to paint body color. My grill will stay chrome, and I will keep the chrome along the side ofthe body. But I was thinking a color similar to this one.

Mike Poore
07-12-2005, 06:29 AM
This is the car I saw in Street Rodder magazine after I bought mine. I have a set of bumpers that have been smoothed and primed to paint body color. My grill will stay chrome, and I will keep the chrome along the side ofthe body. But I was thinking a color similar to this one.
Neat project. BTW, wat's that sweet looking woodie wagon in the background? :D

03marauder
07-12-2005, 06:50 AM
That "sweet looking" wagon is the car I had about 4 cars ago, 1984 Caprice. Was a pretty good runner, not too bad of a car. I sure couldn't complain about it.

Rider90
07-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Kris, that looks pretty sweet. I'm glad to hear you aren't going the all-painted route, I personally think it looks better with some chrome dividing the body :cool:

03marauder
07-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Yeah, the all painted look is ok for some cars, but not all. This car is too big to not be broken up some by the chrome. I got out of working on this thing for some time now. But, after goingto a few recent cars shows and seeing some street rods and such I want to get back into it. I need to clean the garage and move some of my Marauder parts so I have access to the car. I should be able to do most of the work along with my Dad, hopefully. With any luck maybe the only work I'll have to get done is the interior, paint, and some engine work.