View Full Version : Top 10 movie car chases

duhtroll
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I agree with #1 but not #10 :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/07/12/car_chases/index.html

-A

Rider90
07-13-2005, 10:31 PM
All of those are great, cept' #10 blew. I am saddened that it made it in there.

Ronin :cool: Awesome.

martyo
07-14-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm not going to flame you, but I'm not going to answer a third car chase scene thread in less than 24 hours.

^^^what he said^^^

:D

RoyLPita
07-14-2005, 03:56 AM
Wasn't there a good chase scene in th movie "The Seven Ups"?

dwasson
07-14-2005, 05:11 AM
Ronin should have been #2.

rookie1
07-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Ronin should have been #2.

I couldn't agree more.

BillyGman
07-14-2005, 05:17 AM
RONIN??? I think Ronin stinks, and the car chase scenes were boring. And the "Italian Job" remake? wasn't that the boring movie with the Mini-cooper wussy cars?:puke:

I think that "Smokey & the Bandit" out-did them all for car chase scenes except for "Bullit". The "Seven-ups" and "The French Connection" had decent car chase scenes too. :banana2:

RoyLPita
07-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Here's a couple more:

Striking Distance
Peacemaker

THE_INTERCEPTOR
07-14-2005, 06:25 AM
As long as "Ronin" is in there....what a great flick, with some GREAT car chase scenes through Europe. :)

Mike Poore
07-14-2005, 06:26 AM
I agree with #1 but not #10 :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/07/12/car_chases/index.html

-A
I think the film: ??To Live and Die in LA?? had a great street/road chase sequence, although I may have the name wrong.

Also, the 1st Pink Panther had a very funny chase when all the French ***** boxes crashed at the fountain.

And, one can never forget Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad world, which was a chase scene from beginning to end. :twocents:

RoyLPita
07-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Who could forget "Terminator 2- Judgement day". between the semi and the motorcycle?

duhtroll
07-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Uh, third? :dunno: Where are the other two?

Sorry it's not as informative as all those Jessica Simpson/Dukes of Hazzard threads.

-A

^^^what he said^^^

:D

HwyCruiser
07-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Blues Brothers definately deserves its place on the list. The mall sequence is awesome!

martyo
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Uh, third? :dunno: Where are the other two?

Sorry it's not as informative as all those Jessica Simpson/Dukes of Hazzard threads.

-A

It's okay. You can make it up to me by posting more pictures of Jessica. :D

Joe Walsh
07-14-2005, 08:14 PM
JEEEZ! The Fast and the Furious!!????? :puke:

Is that where a BLOWN 426 HEMI Charger has a hard time with a turd Supra???....Yeah....Right!

I like to call those ricers and their WORTHLESS, LOUD, SLOW Hondas...

THEY'RE LAST and THEY'RE FURIOUS!!!

P.S. I HATE HONDAS!!!!!! WITH A PASSION!
They are a blight upon the automotive landscape!

Did I mention that I HATE HONDAS?

PJR
07-14-2005, 09:03 PM
1."Bullitt"
2."Gone in 60 Seconds"
3."Smokey and the Bandit"
4."The Blues Brothers"
5.1974 version of "Gone in 60 Seconds"
6."The French Connection"
7."Ronin"
8."Vanishing Point"
9."The Italian Job"
10."The Fast and Furious"

How about 'Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry' or 'The Junkman'?

mrjones
07-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I got to visit Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car museum in Sevierville, TN today, and they have one of the original Challengers used in the ORIGINAL "Vanishing Point", completely unrestored and filthy, just as it was when it finished filming of the movie. Kind of sad to see it that way, but it also makes you think about the history of the car.

TooManyFords
07-15-2005, 06:21 AM
The Bourne Identity had a good chase scene in it too.

Cheers!

John

GreekGod
07-15-2005, 08:44 AM
You reminded me of two of my favorite old movies! I think Mad, Mad,...World with Jonathan Winters chasing on a little bicycle with bent rims should be in the top 10!
I think the film: ??To Live and Die in LA?? had a great street/road chase sequence, although I may have the name wrong.

Also, the 1st Pink Panther had a very funny chase when all the French ***** boxes crashed at the fountain.

And, one can never forget Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad world, which was a chase scene from beginning to end. :twocents:

UAW 588
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM

Did I mention that you you're my hero!!!!!!!!

UAW 588
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
You reminded me of two of my favorite old movies! I think Mad, Mad,...World with Jonathan Winters chasing on a little bicycle with bent rims should be in the top 10!
Just look for the big W

duhtroll
07-15-2005, 10:21 AM
There's a not bad (if you can stomach the "no f***in way") chase in the Transporter too.

Some hilarious fight scenes too.

-A

dwasson
07-15-2005, 10:22 AM

Is that where a BLOWN 426 HEMI Charger has a hard time with a turd Supra???....Yeah....Right!

I like to call those ricers and their WORTHLESS, LOUD, SLOW Hondas...

THEY'RE LAST and THEY'RE FURIOUS!!!

You should really consider a decaf.

Mike Poore
07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Just cut it out, Dan, and stop picking on my pal, Joe. :nono:

There's a reason why he's been saying bad stuff about them ricers. ;)

I know, because he started just after Gordon and I took pictures of the fart can, sticking out the back of the Chevy Joe drove to the Barts Drive-in CAM doo. :rofl:

We'd post that picture, but there have been death threats. :hide:

GreekGod
07-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Not bad for a "young" 38 year old to know about the big "W"!!
Just look for the big W

Big House
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
I would have to see "Bullitt" but Ronin gets the #1 spot in my book. "Taxi" gets the #2 spot. And for the CG or computer generated record, the F1 chase in "Driven" with Sly was pretty good.

UAW 588
07-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Not bad for a "young" 38 year old to know about the big "W"!!

Are you kidding me. I have been watching that movie since I was about 5 years old. Have it on DVD and just watched it again on AMC move channel on Wednesday afternoon. How many stars can you pack into one movie. Even a shot of the stooges. :stooges: What a movie, brings back alot of good childhood memories staying up late, and watching a 3 hour laugh fest. :banana:

Joe Walsh
07-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Just cut it out, Dan, and stop picking on my pal, Joe. :nono:

There's a reason why he's been saying bad stuff about them ricers. ;)

I know, because he started just after Gordon and I took pictures of the fart can, sticking out the back of the Chevy Joe drove to the Barts Drive-in CAM doo. :rofl:

We'd post that picture, but there have been death threats. :hide:

Thanks for the support Mike...But I'm not ashamed of the Borla SS exhaust that I put on my S10 Blazer....
A Borla is NOT a typical Ricer mod...too expensive, plus they prefer the HUGE, 'man that sounds like *****' Fart Cans.
At least my Blazer is pushing 4.3 Litres through the exhaust!

You or Gordon can post a picture of it....I can take it like a man...LOL

No death threats either! :D

ncmm
07-15-2005, 07:59 PM
1."Bullitt"
2."Gone in 60 Seconds"
3."Smokey and the Bandit"
4."The Blues Brothers"
5.1974 version of "Gone in 60 Seconds"
6."The French Connection"
7."Ronin"
8."Vanishing Point"
9."The Italian Job"
10."The Fast and Furious"

How about 'Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry' or 'The Junkman'?:bows:
of course I agree 'Bullitt' should be #1 but I'll go along with PJR and say
'Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry' should have been in there. I just got that on DVD last week.

Joe Walsh
07-15-2005, 08:07 PM

I did....but I didn't twitch as much, plus I remained calm whenever some idiot in a HONDA was in front of me doing 49 mph....with their blinker permantly on....maintaining a 12 car gap in front of them in rush hour traffic....while they read the paper.....and talked on their cell phone.....

I've installed wipers on the inside of my windsheild to clear the 'ROAD RAGE SPITTLE' :mad2:

AHHHHH Caffeine!!...The best legal drug known to man!

PJR
07-15-2005, 09:11 PM
For those of you that liked Mad,Mad,etc. Check out Rat Race, I thought it was good.

BillyGman
07-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Just look for the big W.....LOL...there's so many great quotes that we can take from that movie......what about Jonathan Winters when he said....."What's this cut out stuff?"......and...."Don't call me baby"...... and how about when he said to Phil Silvers...."...so you told me to get rid of the bicycle so that nobody would stumble over it in the dark, uh?....well when I get done with you, they'll be stuimbling over you in the dark!!!"..... or what about Sid Ceaser when he said...."Don't worry Monica, it's just a little dynamite" :D

Bluerauder
07-16-2005, 04:58 AM
.....LOL...there's so many great quotes that we can take from that movie......
And, how about all the visuals .... like when Jimmy Durante "kicks the bucket" ??? :rofl:

BillyGman
07-16-2005, 07:04 AM
And, how about all the visuals .... like when Jimmy Durante "kicks the bucket" ??? :rofl:That's funny you should mention that, because as i was thinking about some of the quotes, that scene with Jimmy Durante was in my mind. :D And how about just before he kicks the bucket (literally;) ) he says to Sid Ceasar: "Ant Bell, say it don't make any difference......ya gotta say it don't make any difference" :)

QWK SVT
07-16-2005, 07:44 AM
There's a not bad (if you can stomach the "no f***in way") chase in the Transporter too.

Some hilarious fight scenes too.

-A
I thought the chase scene (the bank robbery) was pretty good. All and all, I liked the movie.

What about the 1970-something, The Driver (starring Ryan O'Neal)?

There's three car chase sequences, but the best is early into it... Driver (he's never really named) steals a 4 door Mercedes, from a prospective client, then rips arount in it, to prove his skills. He flies through an underground parking garage and narrow alleyways in LA. I'd put it in the top ten...

GreekGod
07-18-2005, 06:09 PM
OK-just looked up Rat Race on the AMG website- 2001 "loose" remake of Mad, Mad...World. I will rent & enjoy. The cast is excellent.
For those of you that liked Mad,Mad,etc. Check out Rat Race, I thought it was good.