PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash Time Saver

Bluerauder
07-18-2005, 06:26 AM
I know that alot of members are probably obsessed with keeping their Marauder clean like I am. :rolleyes: Back on Father's Day, my wife and son picked up a little time saver for me. Now after using it for several washes, I wanted to report on its performance. :2thumbs:

For very good and quick wash, I am using the "Mr. Clean AutoDry" pro-series system. I can knock out a car wash in 10 minutes or so that looks as good as a 30-45 minute hand wash.

Basically, it is a car wash spray gun with 4 settings: Soak, High Pressure, Soap/Suds, and a Filtered Rinse. It comes in a handy carrying case and includes car wash soap, filters, wheel brush, and wash mitt. The set works sort of like a dishwasher by providing a spotless drying. No need to chamois dry. I think this is primarily because of the sheeting action of the special wash soap and the filtered water rinse that removes calcium and other stuff from the water that tends to dry white and leave spots. :rolleyes:

I am very happy with this set and would recommend it for anyone. After the car dries, water will still bead up on any wax shine that you have. It doesn't remove wax and it shown as safe for clearcoat finishes.

Naturally, it doesn't replace a real good hand wash periodically. But if you are in need of a fast and nice washing .... this kit really does the trick. IMHO. :D

duhtroll
07-18-2005, 07:52 AM
I and some others have found that it does remove wax. Even with different waxes, water does not bead much after one wash, and not at all after two woth this system.

Granted, this was with the old kit (the original) and they have since re-released it. Maybe it's better now, but I hated it when I had it. I went right back to bucket washing.

-A

MarauderMarc
07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
I know that alot of members are probably obsessed with keeping their Marauder clean like I am. :rolleyes: Back on Father's Day, my wife and son picked up a little time saver for me. Now after using it for several washes, I wanted to report on its performance. :2thumbs:

For very good and quick wash, I am using the "Mr. Clean AutoDry" pro-series system. I can knock out a car wash in 10 minutes or so that looks as good as a 30-45 minute hand wash.

Basically, it is a car wash spray gun with 4 settings: Soak, High Pressure, Soap/Suds, and a Filtered Rinse. It comes in a handy carrying case and includes car wash soap, filters, wheel brush, and wash mitt. The set works sort of like a dishwasher by providing a spotless drying. No need to chamois dry. I think this is primarily because of the sheeting action of the special wash soap and the filtered water rinse that removes calcium and other stuff from the water that tends to dry white and leave spots. :rolleyes:

I am very happy with this set and would recommend it for anyone. After the car dries, water will still bead up on any wax shine that you have. It doesn't remove wax and it shown as safe for clearcoat finishes.

I have the auto dry myself....I love it.....but usually have to touch up a few spots tha the "spotless rinse" leaves behind, but would reccomend it....

Naturally, it doesn't replace a real good hand wash periodically. But if you are in need of a fast and nice washing .... this kit really does the trick. IMHO. :D
I have the auto dry myself....I love it.....but usually have to touch up a few spots tha the "spotless rinse" leaves behind, but would reccomend it....

ctrcbob
07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Ditto to what Duhtrol said. I also hated it. Took off the wax. Used it once on both my car and my wifes car. May as well have taken the money and set a match to it. Hated it and threw the rest out. :down: Figured I got took by them. I had to rewax after I used it.

As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Fool me once, shame on you". "Fool me twice, shame on me".

RR|Suki
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Ditto to what Duhtrol said. I also hated it. Took off the wax. Used it once on both my car and my wifes car. May as well have taken the money and set a match to it. Hated it and threw the rest out. :down: Figured I got took by them. I had to rewax after I used it.

As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Fool me once, shame on you". "Fool me twice, shame on me".I thought there was a money back on those....

Rider90
07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
I don't feel good about cleaning my car unless I spent 6 hours doing so :D "Quick" isn't in the vocabulary when I take the hose out, thank you though.

Fourth Horseman
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't feel good about cleaning my car unless I spent 6 hours doing so :D "Quick" isn't in the vocabulary when I take the hose out, thank you though.

Well said, brother! I couldn't agree more! :D

Bluerauder
07-18-2005, 01:00 PM
"Quick" isn't in the vocabulary when I take the hose out, thank you though.
We are still talking about car washes here, right !!! :rofl:

At 54, I'm not interested in spending 6 hours cleaning anything. :D When I am in need of a good quick wash, the Mr. Clean Auto Dry works just fine for me. I have not experienced the wax problem like others have mentioned. Of course, I hit it with a couple shots of Meguiar's Quick Wax occasionally. Didn't mean to start another controversial subject. :rolleyes:

Shaft333
07-18-2005, 01:49 PM
I like it. Hell, I think it would be a better tool for those that like the long all day wash-a-thons. You're not using a rinse bucket that could be full of your dirt suspended throughout... and you're not running a towel over the car to dry. Less contact (so you can wax more! :o). Then you have to wax (apparently).
So I guess... the ol' bucket would be better suited for the quick wash... no? :D

I've used mine a few times... but it seems like the paint on my car needs new wax everytime I wash (no matter what soap I'm using) or else its myriad of swirls show. My car has very soft ugly paint and has been abused.

So my question is the Mr Clean soap really that necessary for the spot free rinse? Or can you use a high quality car soap in it and still benefit from the filtered rinse? I want to try that next.

ridinclean
07-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I bought one of these when they first came out and I use it occasionally. It works pretty good for a quick wash. However in the Florida summer heat when its 100 degrees beating down on the black paint it has never been spotless for me. The filter/spotless mechanism doesnt seem to work as well as I feel that is should. When I wanna get it really clean I have to resort to doing it by hand. Usually takes an hour and a half if I wanna get it looking nice. Other than that on lazy days I take it through this new automatic car wash nearby, it gets it clean but never dry....In conclusion I find the Mr. Clean Auto Dry carwash kit handy for a quick job, lazy days go through the automatic wash, then when the forecast looks clear I do it by hand! :cool: This Florida rain is ridiculous though...

Marauder386
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
I have been using this in the " professional" kit ... the one with the fancy case and all that ... Been about 3 months now and I have not had any stripping of wax, spotting or any aforementioned problems. I have found I use less water and less wash time so that I can do more detailing. I will admit, I do get the cars detailed out twice a month to maintain the bling bling we love so much...

:coolman:

Bluerauder
07-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I have been using this in the " professional" kit ... the one with the fancy case and all that ... :coolman:
Yep, that's the one that I have ... and my experience and use is similar. :D

So my question is the Mr Clean soap really that necessary for the spot free rinse? Or can you use a high quality car soap in it and still benefit from the filtered rinse?
The soap is sort of like Cascade for a dishwasher ... yes it is necessary for the sheeting action. Moreover, I notice that the runoff does not have alot of residual soap in it.

I'll use mine in the early morning or the late afternoon when the sun doesn't dry it off so quickly. I also assume that the mineral content of your local water supply may be a factor in spotting if the filters are dirty. :rolleyes:

MENINBLK
07-18-2005, 03:52 PM
I have one of those.
I didn't like the AutoDry Soap, so I now use it with the Meguiar's NXT Auto Soap.
It works the same way and leaves a spot free shine.