PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Charger ?

Bobby Clobber
07-27-2005, 05:18 AM
Get a load of this, even mentions the Impala , but no MM, we get no respect !!!!!!!!!!!!! :argue:

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0507/27/C01-260434.htm

oldekid
07-27-2005, 05:40 AM
Get a load of this, even mentions the Impala , but no MM, we get no respect !!!!!!!!!!!!! :argue: That's cool, maybe the Charger will take our place on the most stolen car list. Let them have their hip hop cr@p.

I am shocked that it's black, and not that lovely metallic lime green. Whaddup wi dat?

MENINBLK
07-27-2005, 06:49 AM
What makes these guys so special that they can't walk into a dealer
and buy a car like the rest of us do ?

twolow
07-27-2005, 07:02 AM
The dealer won't 'give' it to them.

fastblackmerc
07-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Wonder how many bullet holes a Charger can withstand?

grampaws
07-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Hip Hop and Respect, isn't that a contradiction??!!
Relate something to hiphop and I'm less likely to have anything
to do with it!!:shake:

That's cool, maybe the Charger will take our place on the most stolen car list. Let them have their hip hop cr@p.

I am shocked that it's black, and not that lovely metallic lime green. Whaddup wi dat?

MENINBLK
07-27-2005, 07:36 AM

They shouldn't be 'given' to them anyway.
They *work* if you can call RAP work.
Let them spend their money the old fashioned way.

twolow
07-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Stereotyping: activated

RAP has such a negative influence on the poor African American youth in my opinion. They strive so hard to be like these rappers with their gold around the neck and dubs on expensive cars that they spend all their money on cd's of the rapper, jerseys the rapper wears in the videos, thousands spent on rims to go on a old car, then thousands more to play that rappers cd a full volume in said hoopty - all hoping to be somewhat as cool as the rapper protrays himself to be. It seems to be job 1 to bling bling yourself in the hood and job 2 to actually try to get yourself and the out-of-wedlock baby's momma and kids out of the hood. All the while they still live in the hood in below standard housing with not enough money to make ends meet for all the debt they have racked up which most likely will lead to bad debt/credit further worsening their life once they grow out of the rapper idol fad.*

Stereotyping: deactivated

*All this is my opinion of course. I am white and listen to alternative, pop, country, rap, and r&b and have not gone out to buy what Green Day, Snoop, Britney Spears, Usher, or Allen Jackson wear or drive. I don't feel as if I have to pretend to be anyone else to make me fetter better about myself.

MENINBLK
07-27-2005, 08:11 AM

RAP has such a negative influence on the poor African American youth in my opinion. They strive so hard to be like these rappers with their gold around the neck and dubs on expensive cars that they spend all their money on cd's of the rapper, jerseys the rapper wears in the videos, thousands spent on rims to go on a old car, then thousands more to play that rappers cd a full volume in said hoopty - all hoping to be somewhat as cool as the rapper protrays himself to be. It seems to be job 1 to bling bling yourself in the hood and job 2 to actually try to get yourself and the out-of-wedlock baby's momma and kids out of the hood. All the while they still live in the hood in below standard housing with not enough money to make ends meet for all the debt they have racked up which most likely will lead to bad debt/credit further worsening their life once they grow out of the rapper idol fad.*

*All this is my opinion of course. I am white and listen to alternative, pop, country, rap, and r&b and have not gone out to buy what Green Day, Snoop, Britney Spears, Usher, or Allen Jackson wear or drive. I don't feel as if I have to pretend to be anyone else to make me fetter better about myself.

Did you get all of this in b4 brefas ?

twolow
07-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Did you get all of this in b4 brefas ?
I'm having Lil Sis flashbacks :P

ckadiddle
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
I think they just want to emulate Bo and Luke Duke. :lol:

grampaws
07-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Strange my White neighbours kids seem to emulate this quite well
too!! There goes the HOOD:bigcry:

twolow
07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Strange my White neighbours kids seem to emulate this quite well
too!! There goes the HOOD:bigcry:
upper class white teens pretending to 'thug out' is another subject all together :P

Mard
07-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Don't they like Cadillac's anymore?

twolow
07-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Don't they like Cadillac's anymore?
Its old and played out just like spinner rims.

The rappers don't want Escalades on 20's now that the average joe has a Escalade on 20's. Rappers need to show they are better than everyone else with the latest flashy stuff and many ****ty women hanging all over them.

Just like the 300c. Now that every guy in the hood is rushing out to get one because the big balla rappers have them the rappers won't have them long because every street pimp wannabe has one :)

Slowpoke
07-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I must live a sheltered life.... I can hardly understand this thread.

Mard
07-27-2005, 03:45 PM
My father-in-law says my MM looks like a pimpmobile and is always suggesting I get some whitewall tires. He drives a Cadillac SRX and I like to remind him he drives a stationwagon....then he always shuts-up.

Its old and played out just like spinner rims.

The rappers don't want Escalades on 20's now that the average joe has a Escalade on 20's. Rappers need to show they are better than everyone else with the latest flashy stuff and many ****ty women hanging all over them.

Just like the 300c. Now that every guy in the hood is rushing out to get one because the big balla rappers have them the rappers won't have them long because every street pimp wannabe has one :)

kingsford
07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Out here in ca
300c's are a dime a dozen and frankly look like wannabe bentleys, like the guys that cruise around in the 230c benzes just to say that they have a mercedes. And don't get me started on Altima's,,,,It's like they come from the factory with the option of the Laker or Raider license plate frames......Now I'm pissed

Breathe:

Thanks for letting me rant, I get worked up about the cookie cutter cars cruising around here

Sully008
07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm so glad there's only 11,000 or so of us. I don't see my car at every other stop light. My friend own's a 300C and he's not liking the "drug dealer" look. It seems that some of them up here are driven by actual drug dealers!!

I think our cars have a "timeless" look to them. The LX cars have a "flavor of the month" feel to them.

Rider90
07-27-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm so glad there's only 11,000 or so of us. I don't see my car at every other stop light. My friend own's a 300C and he's not liking the "drug dealer" look. It seems that some of them up here are driven by actual drug dealers!!

I think our cars have a "timeless" look to them. The LX cars have a "flavor of the month" feel to them.

I look at that car and it reminds me of a joke my dad told me, something along the lines of...

"Cars in the 50's had noses on their bumpers that looked like hooters. Then the 1959 Edsel came around, you know why that didn't sell so well? The front looked like a..."

Thats my take on the 300C :baaa:

MarauderMark
07-27-2005, 07:08 PM
We have 1 celebrity that represents us..Andy Dick has a Black Marauder. :D .

Donny Carlson
07-27-2005, 08:27 PM
http://www.detnews.com/pix/2005/07/27/biz/b027-dodgecharger-0705n_07-27-2005_TU7J0GE.jpg

Setting aside the wheel size, the car looks good, imo. The thing about these wheels, which if you spec them out you discover them under "SUV" categories for wheels and tires, is that they ride hard as hell. And are extremely expensive.

bigslim
07-27-2005, 09:17 PM

You have drugs dealers in Canada?

Sully008
07-27-2005, 09:42 PM
You have drugs dealers in Canada? Yup. My girlfriend's brother is a police officer and has dealt with some of them. I know of one 300C here, black, tinted windows, rolling on huge wheels and an aftermarket exhaust is a known drug dealer.

hitchhiker
07-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Get a load of this, even mentions the Impala , but no MM, we get no respect !!!!!!!!!!!!! :argue:

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0507/27/C01-260434.htm

Another great target for the 50 cal.

:D

rayjay
07-28-2005, 03:27 AM
http://www.detnews.com/pix/2005/07/27/biz/b027-dodgecharger-0705n_07-27-2005_TU7J0GE.jpg

Setting aside the wheel size, the car looks good, imo. The thing about these wheels, which if you spec them out you discover them under "SUV" categories for wheels and tires, is that they ride hard as hell. And are extremely expensive.
I will never understand the cartoon sized wheels with rubber bands for tires. I was back home last weekend and saw more SUVs with that set up. I do not get the point of having that setup on a 4x4 truck. What good is it?

twolow
07-28-2005, 07:53 AM
I will never understand the cartoon sized wheels with rubber bands for tires. I was back home last weekend and saw more SUVs with that set up. I do not get the point of having that setup on a 4x4 truck. What good is it?
It shows they spent a incredible amount of money on it which leads others (not intelligent people) to believe "wow, that playa must have some serious money"

Some with lots of bank roll buy real estate and businesses....others buy 24 inch rims and gold chains.

Most however, have high interest loans taken out on 24 inch rims and gold chains :P

reddog69
07-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Its funny how "They and them" have enough money to keep the entire aftermarket industry afloat. I guess without the rappers and drug dealers there would be no one to buy 20" rims. The same must be true with the rap music industry. "They and them" head the record labels and buy all the tickets to the concerts. "They and them" must also be the only ones who are spending millions on jerseys and gold chains. Next time your in you safe suburban mall, take a look around and see just who "they and them" are. Even better, go in your kids room and take a good look at the posters on the wall. Thank God for "they and them", the Keith Richards and Jerry Garcias of the world would have to find someone else to score from if it was'nt for "They and them" and we would'nt have all that great noise, I mean rock and roll. Reddog.