PDA

View Full Version : Vesta Lee Elliott: 1952-2005

woaface
07-27-2005, 08:19 AM
As some of you may know, my mother was fighting cancer for 10 years or so. She relapsed a few years ago and lived well past the 6 month mark she was given by her doctors.

However, on Monday she passed away in peaceful sleep. After 3 weeks in the hospital her we had discovered the cancer had attached to her chest wall and invaded her lungs. She could no longer get oxygen to her brain and slowly she gave out.

As you can see in her obituary her service will be held on Satuday, the day after I get back from Florida. I have chosen to stay her is because it was her wish for me to do so.

I will not be around much for a few days as I have limited access to a computer with internet. For those of you who have asked me over the last few months "How is your mom doing?" This will be the last update. I love and miss my mother very much and it was because of her that I met all of you here, and many of you in person during MVII.

She liked the collective even though she hated cars and she always loved hearing all the stories I had to tell her about you all.

May she rest as she passed, in peace.

-James

http://news.greenvilleonline.com/obits/obits.php?content=obittext&id=85766

Big House
07-27-2005, 08:23 AM
My deepest condolenses on the passing of your mother. May you find comfort in knowing she is a rest and true peace.

Big House

As some of you may know, my mother was fighting cancer for 10 years or so. She relapsed a few years ago and lived well past the 6 month mark she was given by her doctors.

However, on Monday she passed away in peaceful sleep. After 3 weeks in the hospital her we had discovered the cancer had attached to her chest wall and invaded her lungs. She could no longer get oxygen to her brain and slowly she gave out.

As you can see in her obituary her service will be held on Satuday, the day after I get back from Florida. I have chosen to stay her is because it was her wish for me to do so.

I will not be around much for a few days as I have limited access to a computer with internet. For those of you who have asked me over the last few months "How is your mom doing?" This will be the last update. I love and miss my mother very much and it was because of her that I met all of you here, and many of you in person during MVII.

She liked the collective even though she hated cars and she always loved hearing all the stories I had to tell her about you all.

May she rest as she passed, in peace.

-James

http://news.greenvilleonline.com/obits/obits.php?content=obittext&id=85766

martyo
07-27-2005, 08:25 AM
James:

I may break your back from time to time. But now my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Remain strong for your Dad and the rest of your family.

If you need us, we are here for you.

MENINBLK
07-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Woaface,

My condolences to you and your family.
I will light a candle and pray for your Mom.

Now there is someone in heaven that can brag about our Marauders.

ckadiddle
07-27-2005, 08:30 AM
James, our thoughts are with you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help, or if you just need to talk.

BruteForce
07-27-2005, 08:31 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

bigslim
07-27-2005, 08:36 AM
James, my condolences to you and your family. Yor mother was a beautiful lady. I am sure that she wanted nothing but the best for you and your family. We here will still continue to keep you on the straight path. She can rest in peace knowing that she raised a great guy in her son.

Sully008
07-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Condolences to you and your family, James. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Haggis
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
James in all the times we have talked in the past you never mentioned to me that your Mom was sick. Chris and I send our condolences and prayers to you and your family at this time of loss. My mother went through the same thing 8yrs ago, let Doug know that in this time of sadness that your Mom is in a better place now and the pain and suffering is over.

I remember when you went missing (visiting Tod in Atlanta) your mother called me asking where you were at and what kind of person Tod was and if I thought you were in a danger. This from a women whom had never met me.

I will thank her again in my prayers for letting you come to MVII and God Bless your Mother and watch out St. Peter a Reiver is comin' a knockin' on the Pearly Gates!!

twolow
07-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Your in my prayers James.

If you need anything I'm not too far away so just ask.

Bluerauder
James,

Very sorry to hear this sad news. :( My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

RoyLPita
I am sorry for your loss.

mtnh
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Darn, James, that is sad. Your mom sure sounded like a wonderful person, thank you for sharing her obituary with us. God bless your mom and all of your family.

Mike

ADE 1000
07-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear it. My condolences to you and your family.

Ken
07-27-2005, 11:01 AM
My condolences to you and your family, James. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ken

LordVader
07-27-2005, 03:03 PM
James, you and your family have our deepest sympathy and condolences during this time. The "Collective" shares your loss.

Slowpoke
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
We are all here for you buddy and our thoughts are with you.

Marauderman
07-27-2005, 04:02 PM
James-- We are sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you....You've come along way
since we all have met you...and your Mom had alot to do with that -
it's instilled in you---Take care........Tom and Kathy

jgc61sr2002
07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
James - We are deeply sorry for your loss. Our condolences to you and your family.

2003DOHC
07-27-2005, 04:50 PM
James,very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother!!

NAVCHAP
07-27-2005, 04:53 PM
James, my deepest sympathy. Be assured of my continued prayers for you and yours who share this devastating loss. Very Respectfully, -kjs-

Tallboy
07-27-2005, 05:08 PM
The grave is but a covered bridge leading from light to light, through a brief darkness.

My deepest sympathies. You are in my prayers.

Rider90
07-27-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear of the bad news.

kingsford
07-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your mother. Mother's are the most precious gift in life. I understand your sadness because I lost my dad when I was 14. Today, and everyday when I drive in my Marauder I know he is riding shotgun. Your mother will do the same. If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I have found that when I go through rough times, I can be at ease when I write my thoughts. Healing is a process and I know that all the members on this board are willing to be a part of that process. REMEMBER: She will always be with you and looking over you; She just now does it from a far better place.

Redster
07-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

teamrope
07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
James, Linda and I would like to express our condolences. You are a remarkable young man which is a direct reflection of her guidance and mentorship. Using you as a measuring post I can honestly say that she was a wonderful lady. You and your family are in our prayers.

woaface
07-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I'll make sure my dad sees all of this when I get home from Florida.

It's nice to have a family away from family that I can discuss the matter with while I'm away from home. I know you guys really care and my mother knew too. Thanks so much for all of your condolences. You all are the best.

hitchhiker
07-28-2005, 07:13 AM
James,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. My condolences to you and your family.

:(

Breadfan
07-28-2005, 07:23 AM
James,

You and your family are in my thoughts an prayers. As others have said, if you need anything don't hesitate to call on this community - we'll be here.

2003 MIB
07-28-2005, 07:34 AM
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, James.

rayjay
07-28-2005, 09:44 AM
James, may God comfort you and your family during this difficult time. Rest assured that your mother is in a better place, free from pain and watching over you. Deepest sympathy.

Hack Goby
07-28-2005, 12:25 PM
James,I also have known the pain of death this year so this is really hard to type.My heart goes out to you.God bless you and the rest of your family.Remember your Marauder family is here for you.They helped me in my time of saddness and there kind words will help you also.

Fourth Horseman
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this terrible news, James. We're on opposite sides of the continent, but if there's anything I can be of help with, please don't hesitate to PM or email. It was great meeting you at MV2. Remember, we're all extended family here, so stay in touch.

67435animal
07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
James, my condolences to you. I know right now you are sad but, you had good times with your Mom. Take care of yourself and the rest of your family.

Marauder386
07-28-2005, 03:48 PM
James, my wife and I send our deepest hopes of strength for you and your family. If you want me to come up on Saturday from Charleston, I can, to give you moral support. Its nuthin to run up to Greenville ... just say the word. I may anyway.

TAF
07-28-2005, 08:19 PM
James,

I just came across this and I'm saddened for your loss. I do know, however, that with your upbringing, you know where she is now...and it's wonderful and perfect.

You & your family will be in my prayers daily for comfort through this time. Take care, my friend.

Lowell
07-29-2005, 01:52 AM
James: I found this in my Mothers things, after she passed away in March. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... The courage to change the things I can ... and the wisdom to know the difference." May the Piper play while your Mother walks to Heaven. God bless you and your family. My thoughts are with you. Lowell and Charlie.

David Morton
07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
God speed all good mothers to their new homes.

You're a good son Jim. Keep the faith.

Thanks Vesta, for giving us a good son. You did good.

04funmerc
07-30-2005, 10:08 AM
My sincere condolences on you loss, I'm sure that she is smiling donw on you.

Jim

gpfarrell
07-30-2005, 07:30 PM
James,

Hang in there buddy. I lost my dad when I was 14... he too was sick for awhile and we cherished every extra day. Hang on to all the happy memories; pray for a tenth of your mother's strength, and pray twice as much that you'll never need it. Hang in there, it'll gets better. Slowly, but it gets better.

Greg

DEFYANT
07-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Hang in there James. We never really die ya know... Just evolve into something better.

Again, deepest condolences.

fastblackmerc
07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear of your mothers passing. You and yours are in our prayers.