PDA

View Full Version : Built Ford tough

dwasson
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
A tornado chaser truck.

clicky clicky (http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102748)

Rider90
08-01-2005, 07:25 PM
With as many different panels that truck has, and the lack of interior supports, I still think it'll crumble. Neat idea though.

GreekGod
08-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Give the guy an 'A' for effort and a 'D' for execution. One small step for Man, one giant leap for Mankind....He appears to have more guts than brains.
With as many different panels that truck has, and the lack of interior supports, I still think it'll crumble. Neat idea though.

Petrograde
08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Future Darwin Award winner right there. :rolleyes:

I know it's a heavy truck,.. but tornadoes here in Texas take whole houses away.

I hope the camera survives! :P

GreekGod
08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe he has an anchor aboard? :) Or a BIG magnet? :confused: Or screw type tent anchors? :( Or...heck....IT'S BULLITTPROOF!!!.... FOOLPROOF??...:eek: Maybe he has inflateable airbags to cushion any rough landings!! :bounce: :bricks:

I know it's a heavy truck,.. but tornadoes here in Texas take whole houses away.

I hope the camera survives! :P

Rider90
08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Gotta admit though, that is still one wild way to go out.

Two Hawks
08-03-2005, 07:58 PM
I hope the camera survives! :PYea, this dude definitely has a death wish. Remember that little F5 that hit Jarrell, not to far from your stompin' grounds?
Here's a short description:
Shortly before 3:45 pm CDT on 27 May 97, a violent tornado struck portions of Jarrell, TX, killing 27 directly, and doing damage, officially rated F5 on the Fujita Scale (winds in excess of 260 mph)-- the most extreme level of tornado damage. This tornado blew some houses completely off the foundations and swept away the disentegrated remains. It also scoured asphalt from roads, killed and dismembered hundreds of cattle, stripped bark from trees and uprooted them, and bounced vehicles for up to half a mile from their parking places.
Don't know if the camera would make it. Check out the pics at this site.
Not for the timid.

http://www.k5kj.net/jarrell.htm

Big House
08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Two words:

ROAD KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreekGod
08-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Well, looks like those screw type anchors didn't work in Jarrell, TX.

GreekGod
08-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Gonna need some really good air bags in that rig. Side impact, dash, floor, rear, roof, there-that should do it.

Rider90
08-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Yea, this dude definitely has a death wish. Remember that little F5 that hit Jarrell, not to far from your stompin' grounds?
Here's a short description:
Shortly before 3:45 pm CDT on 27 May 97, a violent tornado struck portions of Jarrell, TX, killing 27 directly, and doing damage, officially rated F5 on the Fujita Scale (winds in excess of 260 mph)-- the most extreme level of tornado damage. This tornado blew some houses completely off the foundations and swept away the disentegrated remains. It also scoured asphalt from roads, killed and dismembered hundreds of cattle, stripped bark from trees and uprooted them, and bounced vehicles for up to half a mile from their parking places.
Don't know if the camera would make it. Check out the pics at this site.
Not for the timid.

http://www.k5kj.net/jarrell.htm

If that tornado really did seperate the engine block from it's vehicle, man-o-man, this guy is in for one wild ride. Does he plan to fly in the tornado and land on his wheels? I mean, what, worse case is that he drops from approx 20 stories on to his roof? or maybe he plans to take that ford tough attitude and drive through the twister.

GreekGod
08-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Good point Rider90-he needs to chain down the engine to the frame-looks like them factory motormounts won't hold.

Vortex
08-04-2005, 05:09 PM
He may drive into a tornado, but if its anything like the Jarrell or Moore, OK tornado, he wont drive out. Those things will send locomotive airborne. He'll be driving one moment and then in about one second he'll be about a mile in the sky. His last consious moment will be thinking "what a dumbass I am".

GreekGod
08-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Your right-he better add a parachute and an 'air-ride' suspention also. Oh, and a full coverage (Snell approved) helmet and body armor-maybe an Aerostich suit! Should also add some high-flotation tires.
He may drive into a tornado, but if its anything like the Jarrell or Moore, OK tornado, he wont drive out. Those things will send locomotive airborne. He'll be driving one moment and then in about one second he'll be about a mile in the sky. His last consious moment will be thinking "what a dumbass I am".

Vortex
08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
This clown will for sure be re-living his spaceship fantasies; only the spaceship is going to be flying around a quartermile wide vortex at about 300 mph with god knows how high a g-force before it desintegrates in pieces the size of a can of suds. Actually, blood covered can of suds. Somthing tells me this guy is originally from, dare I say it, up north?

GreekGod
08-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Boy, I don't know but it seems he might be a Texan. Possibly from Bonnie View, Dreamland, Jonah, or Pyote.