PDA

View Full Version : Private property

mcb26
08-03-2005, 10:32 AM
From CNN website
In Alabama Wednesday, Gov. Bob Riley will sign a law that prohibits the state, cities and counties from taking private property for retail, office, commercial, industrial or residential development. We don't like anybody messing with our dogs, our guns, our hunting rights or trying to take property from us," says state Sen. Jack Biddle, a sponsor of the law :D

shakes_26
08-03-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm moving to Georgia!

oldekid
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm moving to Georgia!Maybe I read it wrong, but I think the place to move is Alabama. . . . :beer:

Smokie
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
From CNN website
In Alabama Wednesday, Gov. Bob Riley will sign a law that prohibits the state, cities and counties from taking private property for retail, office, commercial, industrial or residential development. We don't like anybody messing with our dogs, our guns, our hunting rights or trying to take property from us," says state Sen. Jack Biddle, a sponsor of the law :DMay God Bless Alabama...where freedom stills lives.

CBT
08-03-2005, 02:15 PM
What was the Governor of Alabama doing in Georgia?!:D

shakes_26
08-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Georgia, Alabama, whatever it takes! I was at work got interuppted in mid-thought process. A dangerous situation.

In any case I meant Alabama.....

FordNut
08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Georgia, Alabama, whatever it takes! I was at work got interuppted in mid-thought process. A dangerous situation.

In any case I meant Alabama.....
Georgia has a similar bill working its way thru the system.

Petrograde
08-03-2005, 04:29 PM
May God Bless Alabama...where freedom stills lives.

^^This is exactly what I would've posted!^^ But, Javier beat me to it.

Todd
08-03-2005, 04:30 PM
May God Bless Alabama...where freedom stills lives.
Amen...!!!!!

Although I dont think state law trumps that communist based ruling the supreme court handed down a month ago or so.... Unfortunately.

BruteForce
08-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Amen...!!!!!

Although I dont think state law trumps that communist based ruling the supreme court handed down a month ago or so.... Unfortunately.

Try BIG BIDNIS based ruling. Communist based would assume some sort of public benefit (communal). The Eminent Domain ruling benefits developers and local government.