08-08-2005, 09:37 PM
This is one of the experimental Police Chargers MSP is testing out:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/0001charger-vi.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/0002charger-vi.jpg

Do you like it?

Or does it make you wanna :puke:

STLR FN
08-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Note to Self: Stay outta Maryland due to one or more fugly Charger cruisers. JMO

RCSignals
08-09-2005, 12:38 AM
They are ugly in the extreme.

I hope Maryland SP didn't have to pay for it! Those wheels can't be standard issue for the Police package, or even an option.

Mike Poore
08-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Do you like it?

Or does it make you wanna :puke:
Very distinctive, has a Robo-cop/sinister look about it. :coolman:

How about you, Charlie; is there enough room for an officer and all the stuff you need to do your job?

One thing's sure, it's gonna be a high visibility unit, which is what they're after.

rayjay
08-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Since our management hates Crown Vics, that would be a improvement over our POS Impalas...

ADE 1000
08-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Those wheels are standard on the RT model.

I like it.

twolow
08-09-2005, 05:19 AM
I think it would look better with a more impressive "logo kit" than simply a seal on the door and then add a lightbar and push bar. Right now, just looks like someone trying to impersonate a trooper with some magnetic letters and a CB whip.

If it had the blue and silver paint job as our imfamous Georgia troopers that would really set it off.

RoyLPita
08-09-2005, 05:28 AM
The police Charger is supposed to have 18" steel wheels. This looks like an RT with the police stuff installed.

MarauderMark
08-09-2005, 05:48 AM
I'll have to keep an eye out for one ..Maybe it would look better with the hood scoop and the rear spoiler. :rolleyes:

DEFYANT
08-09-2005, 06:11 AM
I'd take it over the Impala. My agency issues ALOT of equipment to the average patrol officer. It may not be practical. Also, the rear seat looks like it'd be a beyatch for anyone w/ cuffs on to get in or out. Thats a porblem we have w/ the CVPIs now and the're bigger.

Personally I feel they are too intimidating. For private use, I like the look of them. But management in your average police agency is trying to "soften" up the police image. Not exactly the "protect and serve" look. More like "dont *****in talk to me, get the ***** outta the way" look.

Bluerauder
08-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Did they change the paint scheme and do away with the black and OD green that has been used for years? :dunno: And, when did they start saying "State Trooper" instead of "State Police" on the rear and the sides?

This is gonna PO the S.O.B. ... he's doing MD State Police Car models using Crown Vics. :rolleyes: In fact, Mark just picked one up at the last CAM meet. :D

ckadiddle
08-09-2005, 06:22 AM
It does look muscular to me, kinda cute in an ugly little doggie sort of way.

PJR
08-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Since our management hates Crown Vics, that would be a improvement over our POS Impalas...
Amen brother!!!!

woaface
08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I must admit, our state troopers are way cooler:

http://images6.fotki.com/v96/photos/3/34575/551894/Outside05Mustang-vi.jpg<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

twolow
08-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I must admit, our state troopers are way cooler
LOL...you say that now. Wait till the minivan is pulled over :P

hitchhiker
08-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Ford had better get a higher displacement mod-motor into the CVPI's soon!

:D

juno
08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I test drove a loaded charger a few weeks ago. Nice car, but not in the same league as the MM. Did not seem as quick from a SOTP feel either. Supposedly has the E class suspension. If so, don't buy an E-class :)

Definitely less roomy. It just doesn't seem right. I do not know what is going on lately, the GTO, the T-Bird, this charger. All of them had opportunties to be terrific vehicles, but just could not cut it. Maybe a good example of management by committee. "lets not take a chance, we will only build what displeases the least amount of people"

All these cars have aspects of them superior to the MM, but somehow the MM has the appeal.

twolow
08-09-2005, 11:37 AM
MM has the appeal to you but not to the majority.

I am sure all the brands have looked at the MM's failure as reason NOT to go the route of super size family sedan muscle car.

No doubt we all get thumbs up and positive comments about our MMs but that doesn't mean those people are buying them. I talk highly of lots of cars and envy the guys out driving them but I know I'll never go out and grab one.

MarauderMark
08-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Did they change the paint scheme and do away with the black and OD green that has been used for years? :dunno: And, when did they start saying "State Trooper" instead of "State Police" on the rear and the sides?

This is gonna PO the S.O.B. ... he's doing MD State Police Car models using Crown Vics. :rolleyes: In fact, Mark just picked one up at the last CAM meet. :D

Looks like S.O.B. is gonna have to start doing mustangs and chargers as well ..That may p him off more :lol:

Bluerauder
08-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks like S.O.B. is gonna have to start doing mustangs and chargers as well ..That may p him off more :lol:
He can handle the Mustang; but I know he will cringe at the mention of the D word .... you know D.O.D.G.E. (Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere). :rofl: Do you want to break the news to him? :rolleyes:

MI2QWK4U
08-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I must admit, our state troopers are way cooler:

http://images6.fotki.com/v96/photos/3/34575/551894/Outside05Mustang-vi.jpg<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Now that is nice....

Mike Poore
08-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd take it over the Impala. My agency issues ALOT of equipment to the average patrol officer. It may not be practical. Also, the rear seat looks like it'd be a beyatch for anyone w/ cuffs on to get in or out. Thats a porblem we have w/ the CVPIs now and the're bigger.

Personally I feel they are too intimidating. For private use, I like the look of them. But management in your average police agency is trying to "soften" up the police image. Not exactly the "protect and serve" look. More like "dont *****in talk to me, get the ***** outta the way" look.
I was wondering what your take would be, Charlie, especially in light of all the equipment you have to deal with, and I agree, it may not cut it as an urban patrol car. I think, however, MSP is a different story altogether, if the car performes well as a persuit/patrol vehicle, especially on the interstates. One thing's certain, it's surely gonna get noticed.

RCSignals
08-10-2005, 12:54 AM
MM has the appeal to you but not to the majority.

I am sure all the brands have looked at the MM's failure as reason NOT to go the route of super size family sedan muscle car.

No doubt we all get thumbs up and positive comments about our MMs but that doesn't mean those people are buying them. I talk highly of lots of cars and envy the guys out driving them but I know I'll never go out and grab one.

The MM was always meant to be a limited production special interest vehicle, not a mass produced 'super size family sedan muscle car'.

The GTO also fits into the limited production special interest category.

The new Charger is not meant to be limited production, or necessarily even special interest. It was only given the Charger name based on polls for name recognition conducted by DCX, not to be a new 'muscle car' reminiscent of any previous 'Charger'. That's one of the main reasons it's a four door, and there are no plans for a two door version.
We'll see how it will do. The Magnum wasn't popular as a Police offering, so they're trying the Charger. I'm not so sure it will prove to be any better an option. A version of the 300 may have been.

juno
08-10-2005, 04:06 AM
The MM was always meant to be a limited production special interest vehicle, not a mass produced 'super size family sedan muscle car'.

The GTO also fits into the limited production special interest category.

The new Charger is not meant to be limited production, or necessarily even special interest. It was only given the Charger name based on polls for name recognition conducted by DCX, not to be a new 'muscle car' reminiscent of any previous 'Charger'. That's one of the main reasons it's a four door, and there are no plans for a two door version.
We'll see how it will do. The Magnum wasn't popular as a Police offering, so they're trying the Charger. I'm not so sure it will prove to be any better an option. A version of the 300 may have been.
Good points as you can get the thing in 6 cyl trim if you wish. I did hear that a two door 'cuda may appear. :)