PDA

View Full Version : What gives? It's AUGUST!

Breadfan
08-09-2005, 09:41 AM
It's August and I am suffering with a nasty cold.

I made it through the entire winter last year without so much a cough. No flu, no cold, and not even a flu shot. Here I am feeling all cool about not getting sick all winter and hot hot August rolls around, and I get sick!

To make things worse, I always get sick Friday. So the weekend was pretty much lost. I'm probably 80% better today, but I missed most of the day of work yesterday I felt so bad. Friday I probably should've left early but forced my way through the day and even worked late.

People just really look at you wierd when your coughing, sneezing, and blowing your nose when it's 99 degrees outside... :shake:

It's my motto: Getting sick sucks.

But maybe if I suffer now I'll make it through another winter. :D :rolleyes:

RoyLPita
08-09-2005, 10:07 AM
It seems to a lot of that going around.

ckadiddle
08-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I am finally over a bad cold that went into a sinus infection. Spent more on Puffs than on gasoline for several weeks. People have always looked at me wierd, so I didn't notice any difference with that part of it. :)

Shaft333
08-09-2005, 02:30 PM
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. And stop being sick. :D

Breadfan
08-09-2005, 05:51 PM
LOL I was gonna grab a beer on the drive home (well not while driving of course) but I realized before I left I took some DayQuil which I think has Acetominaphin, mixed with alchohol it can tear up a liver so I opted out.

Otherwise great advice. :)

MarauderMark
08-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Well this is what i use(Besides the daily dosage of vitamins) when i start to even feel something like that happening to me..I pop one wait three hours if i still feel a lil bad pop another and cold is gone:::POOF::: just like that..any drug store has it...it does work:up: