View Full Version : St. Thomas Plant Might Close

Second Wind
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Here is the story..

http://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/story.php?id=177216

:(

STLR FN
08-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm a little skeptical on that article. It states that Ford builds CV,Gm and the Marauder. The Marauder has been out of production for 2 years. I've seen '06 GM's running around in Dearborn. and Ford has stated in other articles that the CV & GM will be around til at least the end of the decade.

bigslim
08-09-2005, 12:41 PM
It was also stated that the Wixom plant is due to close. This is the only other plant that uses the Panther Platform (Town Car). I would have to say that the outlook for a full frame Ford is dimming everyday. I guess us getting a big rear wheel drive car from Ford is hopeless. You know that the next Town Car will ride on an AWD Montego platform. I guess I will have to buy a Dodge next time. I saw a Charger SRT-8 yesterday in silver and it was pretty sharp.

MikesMerc
08-09-2005, 04:19 PM
The transportation company I work for does a ton of work with the St Thomas plant. My insider information says that Ford is using the threat of St Thomas plant closure soley as a means to apply pressure to the unions on the next round of talks. Its not going anywhere....for at least a little while anyway.

QWK SVT
08-09-2005, 07:30 PM
The transportation company I work for does a ton of work with the St Thomas plant. My insider information says that Ford is using the threat of St Thomas plant closure soley as a means to apply pressure to the unions on the next round of talks. Its not going anywhere....for at least a little while anyway.
I've heard the same from a friend that, up until very recently, worked there... :beer:

wchain
08-10-2005, 07:41 AM

Is that "Crown American" that you work for?

RCSignals
08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
..................... You know that the next Town Car will ride on an AWD Montego platform. .

I thought that was the Zephyr?

bigslim
08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I thought that was the Zephyr?
The Zephyr rides on a Mazda 6 platform. The next Town Car will ride on the bigger Montego-Five Hundred platform. That platform is shared with the Volvo 80.

MENINBLK
08-11-2005, 11:25 AM
The Zephyr rides on a Mazda 6 platform. The next Town Car will ride on the bigger Montego-Five Hundred platform. That platform is shared with the Volvo 80.

Town Car or Continental ???

I think you have them mixed up.
I can see the Lincoln Continental LSC on a Volvo S80 but not the Town Car.

Fourth Horseman
08-11-2005, 11:54 AM

Whoah... there's going to be a new Continental?

bigslim
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM

It's the Town Car that will be on the AWD Montego platform. The LSC is supposed to be phased out. The Continental has yet to be approved.