PDA

View Full Version : Ford dealer is handing out free trucks

twolow
08-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I went to the grocery store beside the Ford dealer here and was eyeing the inventory parked on the grass as I walked back to my car and behold what did I see:

Keys hanging in the key holes on several expensive trucks. The dealer is CLOSED mind you. Looks like whoever moved these vehicles around today wins the dumb azz award for forgetting the keys.

I quickly snapped some photos with my camera phone. The quality is crappy but you can see the drive away keys hanging in the drivers doors LOL

These 4 trucks are the ones I noticed. The grass looks freshly cut so maybe the lawn service didn't return the keys.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/12.jpg

Dodge, bleh
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/28.jpg

250 isn't enough for me, bleh!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/33.jpg

Glorified minivan, bleh!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/43.jpg

I'll take this one!!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/52.jpg

Petrograde
08-09-2005, 05:23 PM
all I can see is the dreaded 'red X in a white box'

What did you do? I would've locked the keys in the trucks,.. but I am evil. :P

MarauderMark
08-09-2005, 05:40 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What did you do? I would've locked the keys in the trucks,.. but I am evil. :P

Maybe it was a bait car? Or usually theres a secruity guard inside watching and waiting. :nono: .

twolow
08-09-2005, 05:51 PM
BTW, if one of these were a MM I would have serious considered driving it home and swapping parts and driving it back before dawn :P

I could use some better looking seats, spoiler, fresher tires, rims without scratches, gauge cluster which reflects lower miles...oops, did I say that? ;)

woaface
08-10-2005, 05:35 AM
I REALLY hope a dealership would never do something like this.

I hope those were just dud keys to make the "You're this close, the keys and the car are all ready for YOU so why don't you come in and buy one TODAY!" (or tomorrow) kind of statement.

:dunno:

twolow
08-10-2005, 05:40 AM
I REALLY hope a dealership would never do something like this.

I hope those were just dud keys to make the "You're this close, the keys and the car are all ready for YOU so why don't you come in and buy one TODAY!" (or tomorrow) kind of statement.

:dunno:Maybe, but there wasn't a set hanging out of every car and it did have the usual key fob on it :)

I still think it was the lawn service that had gotten the keys to move the trucks so he could cut the grass. He then put the trucks back and put the keys there as they may get locked inside if he left them in the ignition. As he continued cutting the grass he forgot about the keys and never came back to get them and return them to the sales dept.

I'm no Matlock but that grass looked freshly cut!

I'll have to ride by there today and see if any are missing :rolleyes:

Wires
08-10-2005, 05:56 AM
Eddie Wiggins (owner) needs to keep a better eye on things.

(Yes, I know he took his name off of the Ford delaership, but he still owns it, along with the Toyota place and the GM dealerships that he still has his name on.)

Maybe he let his son (who I went to school with) run the place - he's always been a "spoiled rich kid."

My father in law works at one of his dealerships, BTW.

It's good to hear stories from back home; I grew up where Twolow lives.

2003 MIB
08-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Doubtful, but I believe you have a great future in Marketing/Sales...This is pure genius.

twolow
08-10-2005, 06:45 AM
It's good to hear stories from back home; I grew up where Twolow lives.
Anytime Wires :)

woaface
08-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I'll have to trademark that. I mean, surely you wouldn't move four or five cars and leave the keys in the same place with all of them? Aren't we programed for "key in, key out" operations?

To further expound on what you said, I just applied early decision to the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale for a bachelors in advertising:) I'm 99.999% sure I'll be accepted.

Doubtful, but I believe you have a great future in Marketing/Sales...This is pure genius.

twolow
08-10-2005, 09:18 AM
To further expound on what you said, I just applied early decision to the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale for a bachelors in advertising:) I'm 99.999% sure I'll be accepted.
Will you be in a dorm, living with family, or what when you get down there? FLA can get expensive come summer season!

twolow
08-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Oh, and I forgot to post that on my way to work i rode back by and the keys have been removed. I would say someone saw it this morning or maybe a security guard or the like saw them last night.

This is simular to doors being left unlocked. I've checked out cars after hours time to time and ever so often I have found a car whos doors have been left unlocked by a careless sales rep.