PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Tank Location

LVMarauder
08-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Where is the best place to drill when mounting the nitrous tank. Are the sides ok? I dont want to hit the gas tank.
Also where should I run the lines through to the engine? Thanks.

BillyGman
08-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Where is the best place to drill when mounting the nitrous tank. Are the sides ok? I dont want to hit the gas tank.
Also where should I run the lines through to the engine? Thanks.I believe that "Cruztaker" and "TooManyFords" would be two guys you can send a PM to in order to get your questions about this answered. I hope this helps.

TooManyFords
08-11-2005, 05:22 AM
LV,

Check out my pictures on my web site (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder). I used the bottom left trunk position and drilled through two of the raised ribs (inside) so the tank had a firm mounting position. Then I measured the width of the gas tank and drilled through the back wall about an inch outboard of it and put a rubber grommet in to hold the braided line. The line follows the existing fuel line along the frame and above the left rear wheel there are open clips to snap it into. Zip tie the line about every 18" to keep it from being loose and then up through the left front engine well to my control box.

There is another thread here somewhere showing the new and improved pictures with the fuel and nitrous pressure adapters on the ZEX box. I'd better get them on my web site today! [ten minutes later... done!]

Huzzah!

John

CRUZTAKER
08-11-2005, 05:28 AM
LV,

Check out my pictures on my web site (http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder). I used the bottom left trunk position and drilled through two of the raised ribs (inside) so the tank had a firm mounting position. Then I measured the width of the gas tank and drilled through the back wall about an inch outboard of it and put a rubber grommet in to hold the braided line. The line follows the existing fuel line along the frame and above the left rear wheel there are open clips to snap it into. Zip tie the line about every 18" to keep it from being loose and then up through the left front engine well to my control box.

There is another thread here somewhere showing the new and improved pictures with the fuel and nitrous pressure adapters on the ZEX box. I'd better get them on my web site today!

Huzzah!

John
Mine is the same. ;)

TooManyFords
08-11-2005, 06:25 AM
Barry, do you have pictures of your install yet?

Huzzah!

John

ckadiddle
08-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Also where should I run the lines through to the engine? Thanks.
I remember seeing a pic from one of our members that mounted the nitrous where the spare tire was removed. Then the spare tire cover nicesly disguises the bottle. heh heh heh Pretty sneaky. Can't remember which member though. I am old and forgetfull, forgive me.

rocknrod
08-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Thats what I was going to say (not that your old and forgetful)
The pics of that looked pretty good, hidden and all.

TooManyFords
08-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Klmore did that. You could search for his handle.

Huzzah!

John

CRUZTAKER
08-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Here you go....copy these pics because I am pulling them from the gallery at the end of the day.;)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/5-30-05_007.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/5-30-05_008.jpg

BillyGman
08-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Barry, is that advantagous or desireable to have the Nitrous bottle sitting horizontally? I thought that the prefered position was on a 45 degree angle. Or doesn't it really matter?

CRUZTAKER
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
The instructions show various preffered bottle angles, and unpreffered....this is one of the preffered. ;)

BillyGman
08-12-2005, 08:39 AM
The instructions show various preffered bottle angles, and unpreffered....this is one of the preffered. ;)Okay. Thanks for your reply.

Pat
09-04-2005, 04:55 AM
I need a little help in determining where to pick up the +12 volts for my Zex wet/dry system.

I have an 04 MM and elected to put the arming switch in the blank position next to the trunk release button on the drivers door. The instruction sheet states that this is a 10 AMP system.

I've run the wiring from the door panel through the rubber conduit between the door and body and into the drivers kick panel area. Now where is a +12 source that can handle 10 amps.

Thanks,

Pat

Pat
09-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks "Too Many Fords" for the answer to my +12 Volt pick up query.
I don't smoke either so the cigarette lighter never even came to mind.

I'll be connecting up the wiring when the sun goes down and the job will be finished. All's left is to fill the botttle, install the new plugs, reprogamm my tuner and blast off.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words - today when dropping off some items for the Katrina refugees I opended the trunk and the young man who was going to unload the car saw that big fat purple nitrous bottle mounted on the side shelf and he just stared for a moment and stuttered "you, you you ga, ga, got nitrous"?

His eyes were as wide as saucers. Guess he didn't think this old man in a family looking sedan could possibly be "Marauder Man". priceless.