PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Costs, Nasa Says It Will Wait For Martians To Come To Us

dwasson
08-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Mars Must Share Financial Burden of Space Exploration,

NASA Chief Says In what was widely seen as a belt-tightening measure, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration said today that it was scrapping all plans for a mission to Mars and would instead wait for Mars to plan a mission to Earth.

Speaking to reporters at Cape Canaveral, Florida today, NASA chief Michael Griffin said that in the current financial climate, “Rather than sending a rocket to Mars, it makes more sense just to sit and wait for the Martians to come to us.”

Mr. Griffin said that the space agency came to the conclusion that it would prefer to wait for such a Martian visit after the just-concluded mission of the space shuttle Discovery, which he called “a royal pain from beginning to end.”

“I say, if the Martians want to deal with foam debris, missing tiles and all of those other headaches, they are more than welcome to them,” the administrator said.

He also offered harsh criticism for the Martians themselves, saying that they had “failed to pay their fair share of the cost of space exploration.”

But in an official statement later in the day, the Emperor of Mars rebuffed Mr. Griffin’s demands, saying Mars had “no intention of doing NASA’s work for them.”

In a parting shot, the Emperor concluded, “And don’t expect Mars to fix Social Security, either, you tool.”

rocknrod
08-11-2005, 08:44 AM
YOU are too much :D

Bluerauder
08-11-2005, 08:52 AM
“Rather than sending a rocket to Mars, it makes more sense just to sit and wait for the Martians to come to us.”
They have already been here .... 30 October 1938 ... in New Jersey !! :rolleyes: They made a bunch more trips during the 1950's, too !! :D As a kid, we were always watching the skies for Martians. :rofl: Guess they've seen enough.

jdando
08-11-2005, 10:16 AM
In a parting shot, the Emperor concluded, “And don’t expect Mars to fix Social Security, either, you tool.”
:banana::banana:

First the mini-sub and now martians. What is next Martians in mini-subs?

Love it.

jeremy

STLR FN
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
in Beavis like voice
heh heh heh He said tool.

GreekGod
08-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Speaking of Martians. If you want a good scare, go see 'War of the Worlds' on the big screen while you still can. Just saw it and it's an update of the original movie. I'm no fan of Tom Cruise but he was very good in it. All the faults in the movie are more than made up for by the special effects. Cruise drives a (I believe 65-66 Hurtz) Mustang early in the flick. It's more of a horror movie than science fiction somewhat as 'Alien" was.

GreekGod
08-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Dwasson-they need you (badly) on Saturday Night Live. Tell them I sent you and you want $200,000/season + benefits to start. If they decline go straight to Mad TV and give them the same offer.