PDA

View Full Version : I-80 CONVOY to MMV III ?

Mike Poore
08-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Barb & I are going to Snow Shoe (Old Exit 22) and will be there until departure for MMV III ~7AM Wednesday. If any of you guys want to hook up for the trip to Barry's where we meet the other guys ~ noon, please let us know, where & when. There's a truck stop at the Snow Shoe exit with hearty brefas' served, and rest rooms; which would be a good place to meet. I'm gonna try to get on-line from camp, or call me on my cell, it's on Mary's latest list. :)

PS: There's a bit of construction at Milesburg, for a bridge replacement project, and a lane shift going up the mountain. Not bad though, and early in the morning should cause no delays. From there west to Ohio, it's smooth sailing and a beautiful drive. :sunshine:

Bluerauder
08-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Barb & I are going to Snow Shoe (Old Exit 22) and will be there until departure for MMV III ~7AM Wednesday.
Mike,
See you at Barry's. You will be at least an hour ahead of me. :D

NAVCHAP
08-12-2005, 08:16 AM
We are planning to meet y'all at 80/90 and 75. The convoy from the west has a couple of us on the road already, although not assembled yet.

We are going to take Indiana Toll Road to save the time we would spend in traffic on the Michigan Highways with all the big cities.

Hope we can work it out, it would be great! -kjs-

Mike Poore
08-12-2005, 10:03 AM
We are planning to meet y'all at 80/90 and 75. The convoy from the west has a couple of us on the road already, although not assembled yet.

We are going to take Indiana Toll Road to save the time we would spend in traffic on the Michigan Highways with all the big cities.

Hope we can work it out, it would be great! -kjs-
Keith it would be amazing, and a thing of beauty, for the whole bunch of us to make a grand entrance. :woohoo:

You leading the pack, of course. :drive:

Keith, you have our cell numbers, and we can get things lined up once we get to Barry's.

Charlie, hopefully Barb will have Barry's killer bees all killed off by the time you get there. :duel:

CRUZTAKER
08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
The only glitch I did not share with any of the folks (aside from Matt last night), is that once OUR group hits Toledo, I will be peeling off and waiting for Kieth and his group.

I do not expect anyone else to wait with me, as it will hot, boring, and likely many hours before they pass through.

Matt will lead the group to the host hotel from Toledo.

I haven't quite figured exactly where I will hang out and kill time, but I will let Kieth know as soon as I have found something.

Mikeenh
08-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Any body got some rough times that some of this grouping up will happen?
Diana and I will be somewhere on the NY throughway (90) Monday night and would like to try and catch one of the MVlll convoys.

Bluerauder
08-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Diana and I will be somewhere on the NY throughway (90) Monday night and would like to try and catch one of the MVlll convoys.
Some of us are gonna rally with CRUZTAKER near Cleveland (I-80/I-77) around 12-1 PM, Wednesday, 17 Aug. Should be passing through the I-80/I-90 junction about 1:30- 2:00 PM. Depends somewhat on the arrival of folks at the rally point and the final departure time. This is the only other convoy that I have heard of coming from the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic region. :D

CRUZTAKER
08-12-2005, 01:34 PM
If your timing on wednesday appears as though you will be passing into Ohio on I-90 in the a.m., by all means stop by here. Doesn't matter how early. It will give you a well deserved rest break.

I do not want to speak for everyone stopping by here...but the ultimate goal is to leave HERE by 1:00pm wednesday and head for Michigan. If you are running late, I will be waiting at the I-80 / I-75 interchange for the west coasters until atleast 5:30pm or later. Perhaps you'll see me/us there for the final 90 miles or so to the host hotel.

If you are coming in on I-90 along the lake, it is exactly 82 miles from the Ohio / Pa. border to my place via I-90, to I-271S, to I-480W, to 77S. It's another 6 miles south on I-77 to the Ohio turnpike. Therefore it's not out of your way at all.

Let us know.;)

Mikeenh
08-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Looks like I'm a day ahead. We will arrive at the host hotel Tuesday evening.
I guess it's up to me to BLAZE a trail for you guys. Look for the trail of flower. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g/blobfir.gif

cruzer
08-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Looks like I'm a day ahead. We will arrive at the host hotel Tuesday evening.
I guess it's up to me to BLAZE a trail for you guys. Look for the trail of flower. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g/blobfir.gif

The West Coast convoy with the Soutwest convoy will arrive at MVIII on TUESDAY NITE :banana2:

DEFYANT
08-12-2005, 08:53 PM
My family and I will be in town Tuesday also. We will be leaving MD at around 6:00am Tuesday morning.

Mike Poore
08-13-2005, 07:05 PM
The only glitch I did not share with any of the folks (aside from Matt last night), is that once OUR group hits Toledo, I will be peeling off and waiting for Kieth and his group.

I do not expect anyone else to wait with me, as it will hot, boring, and likely many hours before they pass through.

I haven't quite figured exactly where I will hang out and kill time, but I will let Kieth know as soon as I have found something.
:eek: DOES THIS MEAN YOU'LL MISS DINNER AT CAPERS?

CRUZTAKER
08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
:eek: DOES THIS MEAN YOU'LL MISS DINNER AT CAPERS?
I surely hope not. :( I know Dave has a time limit for folks to be there, but if I can make it tastefully late, I'll be there.

But sometimes there are sacrifices to be made. Like they say....there is no I in team.

I've been to Capers before. The make one hell of a Martini...the bartenders are heavy handed. ;)

MyTMerc
08-13-2005, 07:48 PM
My family and I will be in town Tuesday also. We will be leaving MD at around 6:00am Tuesday morning.We'll be leaving Southern Maryland early Tuesday morning as well.

CRUZTAKER
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM

There was an apparent misunderstanding regarding the DAY this is all happening between Kieth and I.

I thought he was coming in the day we were leaving, Wednesday, he is actually arriving Tuseday.

Therefore I will be riding with all you folks straight through to the hotel. :up:

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 12:42 PM
There was an apparent misunderstanding regarding the DAY this is all happening between Kieth and I.

I thought he was coming in the day we were leaving, Wednesday, he is actually arriving Tuseday.

Therefore I will be riding with all you folks straight through to the hotel. :up:
Yeh, I saw that, Barry. Now you'll be able to make the dinner at Capers, on Wednesday in plenty of time. So, when are we expecting Gordon & Chris to show up? ;)

Bluerauder
08-15-2005, 12:51 PM
It looks like the S.O.B. I will be arriving at Barry's alone. The plans for a convoy out of the VA, MD, DC, PA area have fizzled. :alone: Others from the CAM area are travelling on Tuesday.

See you all at CRUZTAKER's. :D

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 01:59 PM
It looks like the S.O.B. I will be arriving at Barry's alone. The plans for a convoy out of the VA, MD, DC, PA area have fizzled. :alone: Others from the CAM area are travelling on Tuesday.

See you all at CRUZTAKER's. :D
What about BDJ?

And, y'know, it's alright, 'cause we're gonna have three colors represented. All we need is a DTR. Also, it's gonna get you to Barry's a little ahead of schedule. See u at Barry's. :woohoo:

Hey, Wes? Watcha doing on Wednesday, say 'bout noon'ish?