PDA

View Full Version : Notice/request to lovers of fine beer

Mike Poore
08-14-2005, 12:56 PM
We have a micro brewery in Harrisburg, PA that's making some mighty fine beer(s). It's the Troegs Brewing Company, and you can find them on the internet. I'll be pouring two of their fine brews at one of the venues (hospitality suite?) and encourage others who have local favorites to do the same. The first beer is HopBack, which is an amber ale that has a special infusion of aromatic hopps, and rivals Dogfish Head double or Victory's Hopdevel. If you folks from the west like some of Sirerra Nevada's highly hopped offerings, or Catamount's IPA from White River Junction, NH for your northerners, you're gonna love this one. The other is Troegenator, a true double Bock in the old German style. Spaten's Optimator comes to mind. (they all end in "ator")

If you have room, bring a few six packs along for a taste test.

PS: We have a bag of Grandma UTZ Hand Cooked potato chips to share. Many say the world's finest. If you don't think so, bring a bag of your's for a contest.

PAPAJOHN
08-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Sound good!!!
I've always been a fan of Yuengling, from Pottsville, PA, Americas Oldest Brewery

SergntMac
08-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I know there is more to beer than just Budwiser...

And, I know there is more to wine than just "passing a half a brick of Richard's between friends", not to mention grape drinks labeled "extra heavy Malaga" are like sipping 10W40.

However...We have been schooled by our friends from the "big D", and schooled well. Nothing can beat having 400 pounds of torque at 2000 RPM, right?

www.glenfiddich.com

I rest my case...

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
However...We have been schooled by our friends from the "big D", and schooled well. Nothing can beat having 400 pounds of torque at 2000 RPM, right?

I rest my case...

What the hell is that supposed to mean Mac?

Hack Goby
08-14-2005, 05:02 PM
:D
I know there is more to beer than just Budwiser...

And, I know there is more to wine than just "passing a half a brick of Richard's between friends", not to mention grape drinks labeled "extra heavy Malaga" are like sipping 10W40.

www.glenfiddich.com

I rest my case...
Mac ,Have a good day. :D

Hack Goby
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
We have a micro brewery in Harrisburg, PA that's making some mighty fine beer(s). It's the Troegs Brewing Company, and you can find them on the internet. I'll be pouring two of their fine brews at one of the venues (hospitality suite?) and encourage others who have local favorites to do the same. The first beer is HopBack, which is an amber ale that has a special infusion of aromatic hopps, and rivals Dogfish Head double or Victory's Hopdevel. If you folks from the west like some of Sirerra Nevada's highly hopped offerings, or Catamount's IPA from White River Junction, NH for your northerners, you're gonna love this one. The other is Troegenator, a true double Bock in the old German style. Spaten's Optimator comes to mind. (they all end in "ator")

If you have room, bring a few six packs along for a taste test.

PS: We have a bag of Grandma UTZ Hand Cooked potato chips to share. Many say the world's finest. If you don't think so, bring a bag of your's for a contest.The Micro brewerys here in Detroit have come and gone but there are still a few around.TheThing is that 99% of the Motor City Crew don`t drink.To me the best chips in the world are "Better Made" ultra thin and lite on greese.

CRUZTAKER
08-14-2005, 05:33 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean Mac?
Don't ya hate it when some things are over your head...and under you feet? :baaa:

I will aquire our finest 6-9% local. ;)

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Don't ya hate it when some things are over your head...and under you feet? :baaa:

I know what he meant Barry, I was hoping he would just say it instead of rambling an insult for a change.

MikesMerc
08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Don't sweat it Dave. Mac has resorted the usual hit n run tactics the last few weeks. Nuttin new :shake:

I'll be looking forward to putting back a few cold ones with those good folks coming to MV III :beer:

Mike Poore
08-14-2005, 05:59 PM
The Micro brewerys here in Detroit have come and gone but there are still a few around.TheThing is that 99% of the Motor City Crew don`t drink.To me the best chips in the world are "Better Made" ultra thin and lite on greese.
SO..... You think you have better chips than Grandma UTZ, HUH? :neener:

We'll select an impartial pannel of judges, to decide who has the best chips; with the contest open to all who think they can bring the world's best chips. I pick one Judge, then you pick one. Three to a side.

My first pick is , who else, ... Keith :)

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Don't sweat it Dave. Mac has resorted the usual hit n run tactics the last few weeks. Nuttin new :shake:

I'm not sweating it Mike, I am laughing at it actually. He had the chance to "school" folks from the "big D" a couple of weeks ago at Joliette, but had a car show to go to. I would welcome the chance for Mac to "school' me sometime, he won't though, because I would actually show up. Have another beer Mac.

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2005, 06:04 PM

We'll select an impartial pannel of judges, to decide who has the best chips; with the contest open to all who think they can bring the world's best chips. I pick one Judge, then you pick one. Three to a side.

Thats a good choice for a judge Mike! Talk about impartial and trustworthy! Paul....pick up some Better Maid chips!

Hack Goby
08-14-2005, 06:19 PM

I hope you found a good place to park seeing that you thought our price was to high.Good luck finding anything under $150.00 or anything at all.Ned Nuss might have a few spots down on Nine mile as the Crown Vic guys never show up anyway.

CRUZTAKER
08-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I hope you found a good place to park seeing that you thought our price was to high.Good luck finding anything under $150.00 or anything at all.Ned Nuss might have a few spots down on Nine mile as the Crown Vic guys never show up anyway.
Alright now...what's going on?

I mean, I love seeing Mac and Dave push each other's buttons and get all pissy with each other .... the clan responses are funny as well.

But I am not involved with any of that stuff. And I am certainly not gonna enter that venue with you Hack. What's going on lately? This was a beer thread....what does THIS have any relation to my not buying a parking spot? Better yet...who gave you the assumption I thought YOUR price was too high?

Since you brought it up, here's the deal.

I AM FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING. I HAVE NOT WORKED IN TWO WEEKS. WHEN I DO WORK, IT'S 2-300 MILES FROM HOME. I CANNOT JUSTIFY THE MONEY TO PARK IN A LOT ALL DAY. I HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES LIKE MAKING MY MORTGAGE AND FEEDING MY FAMILY. I AM LUCKEY TO BE ABLE TO GO TO THIS MEET AT ALL.

There you go. Now everyone knows. I'm broke. I had to share a room for this event as well. I live beyond my means, and always have. My fault. I want no sympathy.

So take your comment back Hack, cause I am not gonna internet fight with you.

You're getting a hug when I see you whether you like it or not. :eek:

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Barry, I dont enjoy mixing it up with Mac. I have tried to ignore things lately cause i frankly just dont have time to bother. However, when he takes his usualy mystic shots and slams us here in Motown, I have had enough. I have worked for 6 months to put on an event that is worth of being called Marauderville, fortunately I had a lot of help. These folks dont deserve to be the butt of Mac's ridicule or jabs. Its not our fault that some folks went to Macs back yard, offered an invite for some fun compitition, and looked ridiculous not showing up because they entered a car show? Come on...How lame is that. Like I said, if Mac wants to school me on the fine points of Marauders, he can let me know any time. I think he will be the one schooled...old schooled! And yes Mac, nothing can beat having 450 pounds of torque at 2800 RPM, run me sometime and you will figure that out.

SergntMac
08-15-2005, 06:06 AM
We have a micro brewery in Harrisburg, PA that's making some mighty fine beer(s)... I apologize, Mike, for causing such a distraction from your thread.

It sucks when you have to explain humor, but humor is what it is. Maybe it just my sense of humor, and maybe my sense of humor is too obsecure for some folks. However, my intent to cause anyone any harm, or insult, is absent.

I connected the dots I could see, a train of thought between the power of beer, or, wine up against and any scotch, hinting that the difference is remarkable, impressive, and unforgetable. In my mind, this echos the sentiment of Trilogy owners, the bulk of whom are in the Motor City region, and the bulk of whom share tales of Trilogy power, and in those exact terms. "Low-end power" has been the Trilogy theme we have all listened to for over two years now, and that's fine. Innocently, I borrowed from that to share a moment of levity, nothing more. But, even as I craft this explanation, I know someone will take issue with these words too, it's what they do.

I drew a simple line between beverage and low end grunt, and y'all must agree, it's accurate. If you enjoy the occassional spirit, scotch has a lot more low end grunt than any beer or wine. If there is any hidden meaning to my remark, it's compliment, but youn won't see that either.

If someone's feelings are hurt by this simple remark, perhaps they are not a thick-skinned as they have suggested I need to be. Perhaps they are not as lighthearted as they brag. Y'all missed an opportunity for a few cute comebacks. Nonetheless, you made a very big deal of nothing at all, and I have nothing to retract, or, apologize for.

Every time y'all do this, y'all forget the whole world is watching.

CRUZTAKER
08-15-2005, 06:17 AM
I knew what you meant.

I'm bringing some 18 year single barrel as well.

And yes, the world is waching...all of US.

Hack Goby
08-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Alright now...what's going on?

I mean, I love seeing Mac and Dave push each other's buttons and get all pissy with each other .... the clan responses are funny as well.

But I am not involved with any of that stuff. And I am certainly not gonna enter that venue with you Hack. What's going on lately? This was a beer thread....what does THIS have any relation to my not buying a parking spot? Better yet...who gave you the assumption I thought YOUR price was too high?

Since you brought it up, here's the deal.

I AM FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING. I HAVE NOT WORKED IN TWO WEEKS. WHEN I DO WORK, IT'S 2-300 MILES FROM HOME. I CANNOT JUSTIFY THE MONEY TO PARK IN A LOT ALL DAY. I HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES LIKE MAKING MY MORTGAGE AND FEEDING MY FAMILY. I AM LUCKEY TO BE ABLE TO GO TO THIS MEET AT ALL.

There you go. Now everyone knows. I'm broke. I had to share a room for this event as well. I live beyond my means, and always have. My fault. I want no sympathy.

So take your comment back Hack, cause I am not gonna internet fight with you.

You're getting a hug when I see you whether you like it or not. :eek:
Barry, I sent you a PM

Bluerauder
08-15-2005, 06:21 AM
I connected the dots I could see, a train of thought between the power of beer, or, wine up against and any scotch, hinting that the difference is remarkable, impressive, and unforgetable.
So ..... does this mean the Richard's Wild Irish Rose party is off ??? :rolleyes: I was gonna pick up a couple gallons of Boone's Farm Apple Wine and a case of Ripple for nostalgia purposes. It's amazing what passed as fine wine in my younger days!! :rofl:

Mike, maybe a bag of Grandma Utz's chips with Old Bay Seasoning, too !!! :up:

Tallboy
08-15-2005, 06:24 AM
For me, Bud Light is all I need. It's my favorite, tastes good, and helps keep the price of my Anhueser-Busch stock up.:D

However, if scotch is your game, may I humbly suggest a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue? Pricey? Very. But, puts the competition to shame. It compliments a fine cigar quite nicely. I'll be bringing a few friends of mine from the Dominican Republic to MVIII.
Mike, Dave, et. al. Looking forward to meeting you and knocking back a few.:beer:

Hack Goby
08-15-2005, 06:27 AM

Mike you can`t have Keith because Bettermade chips are so good you would sell your soul for a bag and we ALL will need him to exsorisize the demons and bring us back in good graces.

Badger
08-15-2005, 10:23 AM
mmmmmmmm Beer!
Where were all of you when MD had their beer feast???
Oktoberfest is coming up in Arlington in two months anyone game?
Mike: Have you tried Smuttynose IPA? Last beer fest in Herdon we managed to get our hands on Dogfishhead 90 minute that was then passed through a dry hop canister. Woof! That had some kick!
I've got two more bottles of hop infusion to go through before I've been cleared to get some more IPAs.

Bluerauder
08-15-2005, 10:46 AM
mmmmmmmm Beer!
Where were all of you when MD had their beer feast???
We were all at Big Bat's on Kent Island .... where were you??? :rolleyes:

See your notes in this thread >>>> May CAM Meet (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17899) :D

Badger
08-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Beer won the day!

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 12:11 PM
So ..... does this mean the Richard's Wild Irish Rose party is off ??? :rolleyes: I was gonna pick up a couple gallons of Boone's Farm Apple Wine and a case of Ripple for nostalgia purposes.
What No Thunderbird! :eek:

We only have Grandma Utz's Kettle cooked old style along, Charlie.

Um, I was wondering if you knew about Victory's HopDevel. Isn't that just down the street from you? That's another micro brewery crafting world class beer. :)

We're lucky to be living in an area where there are so many fine choices, and variety. Did you know that Gordon worked at Blue Ridge, for a while? They make a dyno-mite porter.:woohoo:

MikesMerc
08-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Every time y'all do this, y'all forget the whole world is watching.

Quite the contrary actually. I do what I do because I know the whole world is watching.

Think about it;)

As far as the beverages are concerned....I'm a beer man. A little darker or redder is better. I "just say no" to the light beers. If I'm thirsty, I'd rather have a water over a light beer:D

And if anyone brings the Boones Farm, I'll have to pull out the Colt45 or Mickey's Malt Liquor :D

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I apologize, Mike, for causing such a distraction from your thread..
Hey, Mac, you were my first new best friend on the MM net, and so dispensation is granted.

As far as the Detroit guys are concerned, they're under a lot of pressure to pull Marauderville III off and make it perfect for everyone; therefore I'm cutting them lots of slack, and offering as much support as possible. Therefore, if someone gets a little cranky, that's expected.

If half dozen guys bring their favorite micro brews, chips and single malts, etc. that's something for the table at the hospitality suite they need not worry about. Turning it into a contest is a little trick I learned many years ago, and it always works. ;)

BTW, oh! how I love those single Malts... Just a little in a brandy snifter. ....neat, no ice no water. Just sip & sniff ...ahh, life is good! :D

Bluerauder
08-15-2005, 12:44 PM
What No Thunderbird! :eek:
The mere mention of Thunderbird makes me gag. :puke: You would think that 39 years would dull the image .......... Nope !!! :rofl:

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Mike: Have you tried Smuttynose IPA? I've got two more bottles of hop infusion to go through before I've been cleared to get some more IPAs.
Yes, ...Smuttynose, IPA, and their delightful Porter. But what I'm really famishing for is one of their Wee Heavy's. I'm a McEuan's fan, and one of these days I'm gonna walk into their place on the Royal Mile, and order up a pint of their cask conditioned. One of my pals was at Edenbourough a few years back, and says it's to die for. :bows:

BTW, have you tried the Troegs offerings? Also, we'll have to make a weekend of it, for one of the CAM doo's and hang out at the Dogfish Head at Rehoboth. Their triple infusion is out of this world.

Another thing, our new best friend CheeseheadBOB is a guru. He's set up the September CAM doo at a brew pub in Balmer. Check out the thread. :beer:

Hack Goby
08-15-2005, 02:15 PM
The mere mention of Thunderbird makes me gag. :puke: You would think that 39 years would dull the image .......... Nope !!! :rofl:
Whats the word,Thunderbird!!!!!!!!!

Tallboy
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Whats the word,Thunderbird!!!!!!!!!
"What's the price? Sixty, twice!"

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Mike you can`t have Keith because Bettermade chips are so good you would sell your soul for a bag and we ALL will need him to exsorisize the demons and bring us back in good graces.
I smell a RAT! You guys are gonna stack the judging, sure as hell! :nono:

It makes no diference, though, once you taste Grandma Utz, you're gonna be begging me to start shipping 'em out. :bows:

Oh, and just wait until you taste this beer I'm bringing. :woohoo:

Mike Poore
08-15-2005, 04:52 PM
"What's the price? Sixty, twice!"
Wait a minute, how do you know about Thunderbird at your tender age? Were the Alcohol ads still on the tee vee when you were a kid?

Tallboy
08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Wait a minute, how do you know about Thunderbird at your tender age? Were the Alcohol ads still on the tee vee when you were a kid?I don't remember any ads, I just always knew the Thunderbird "slogan".:up:

What else would a growing boy have for breakfast?:cool:

And, remember, boys and girls-you can't drink all day unless you start first thing in the morning!:beer:

Hack Goby
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
once you taste Grandma Utz
Qrickie, The last thing I want to taste is Grandma Utz.