PDA

View Full Version : Speed down 83%

Paul T. Casey
08-14-2005, 06:15 PM
:eek: Fortunatly mine, personally, not the Marauder's. To shed a few unwanted inches and maybe get into a little better shape, I started walking a few weeks ago. Bad news, in the last 30 years, I seem to have lost 10 mph. Used to be able to cover 2 miles in high school in 10 minutes. That works out to be 12 mph. Now, 2 miles is 30 minutes, or only 2 mph, and I thought I was truckin'. Course I'm not running now, but come on, 2 mph? I'll try for 3 again tomorrow.

martyo
08-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Just remember, you still walk faster than Todd.

Bradley G
08-14-2005, 06:31 PM
The good news is your doing something!

You will get better, just keep it up Paul!:bows:

dwasson
08-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Change your rear end.

ckadiddle
08-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Change your rear end.
I'd recommend converting to dual exhaust when you get the rear end change done. :D

Paul T. Casey
08-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Okay, I guess the extra stress on my brain made me forget simple math. 2 miles in a half hour is really 4 mph., so I'm only down 67%. And dwasson, that's my intent. Marty, I was starting to look a little "Toddesque" in the mirror, that's why I started. :rolleyes: I figured one "Crisco Kid" at the Atl. Breffess Club is enough. :D

warren714
08-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Okay, I guess the extra stress on my brain made me forget simple math. 2 miles in a half hour is really 4 mph., so I'm only down 67%. And dwasson, that's my intent. Marty, I was starting to look a little "Toddesque" in the mirror, that's why I started. :rolleyes: I figured one "Crisco Kid" at the Atl. Breffess Club is enough. :D
Paul,
I'm on a weight loss mission, and the main exercise I'm doing is walking. I'm slow, but I read recently that if you are overweight (don't know if you are or not), that speed is not as important as just walking. As for me, I am a rather slow walker, but I've lost 145 pounds since March 1st.

Now the CV seems to be a much larger car than when I got it.:)

Good Luck!

warren

jgc61sr2002
08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Paul,
I'm on a weight loss mission, and the main exercise I'm doing is walking. I'm slow, but I read recently that if you are overweight (don't know if you are or not), that speed is not as important as just walking. As for me, I am a rather slow walker, but I've lost 145 pounds since March 1st.

Good Luck!

warren

warren - Thats great. :D Congrats. :up:

SergntMac
08-17-2005, 05:21 PM
It's all in the kicks...If you can't get your power to the ground, you're going nowhere fast.

Nike has some new kicks out, aggreessive tread pattern, soft compound, you'll find them at SportsMart under part number KDW2-SHU. Custom offsets not available, happy...Er, walking?

Petrograde
08-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Well,.. at least you're out moving around! Your heart will thank you later.

MENINBLK
08-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Paul,

Good Luck!

warren

WOW, Warren !!!

That's great !
I've got to lose just as much.
How did you do it ?
I know that walking is a big part, but what else have you done ?

warren714
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
WOW, Warren !!!

That's great !
I've got to lose just as much.
How did you do it ?
I know that walking is a big part, but what else have you done ?
Thanks!

I'm at the Rice House in Durham, NC until the 24th of Aug. I started on March 1 and eat pasta, potatoes, grains, fruits and vegetables every day, and fish once a week. Their idea is low fat and low sodium. I can't argue with them. I did some swimming in June, but basically I walk every day, and try to get at least 3 miles a day. Not to advertise, as I have no business connection with them, but if you want more info about them, e-mail me and I'll send you their web site URL.

warren

RCSignals
08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Paul you have to start somewhere, and I'd say your doing well. In no time you'll be down to your High School walking pace or better, just keep going.

RCSignals
08-19-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm impressed Warren! That's a lot of weight lost in a few months.
What is your target?

mcb26
08-19-2005, 02:23 PM
That still pretty good Paul I can't walk a 1/4 mile without my cooler.