PDA

View Full Version : DVD Writer???

Marauderjack
08-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Does anyone know anything about DVD recording?? :confused:

I have a DVD recorder in my Laptop and every DVD I try to record says "Protected Disc" and it won't do anything!!! :argue:

Of what value is a DVD recorder if everything is protected??? :mad2:

I have recorded zillions of CD's and CD+G's but so far NADA DVD's!! :help:

Marauderjack :o

rocknrod
08-22-2005, 05:03 AM
Will it record on a blank CD ? Say some file from your laptop ?

If it does and it works. Then all thats wrong is your trying to record protected files. That won't work.
I used my recorder all the time. Just can't record protected CD/DVD's.

fastblackmerc
08-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Will it record on a blank CD ? Say some file from your laptop ?

If it does and it works. Then all thats wrong is your trying to record protected files. That won't work.
I used my recorder all the time. Just can't record protected CD/DVD's.
Search the internet (I use google), you'll find much info about recording DVD's and how to record "protected" DVD's.... not that I advocate breaking the law.... :D :D

Marauderjack
08-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Now I'm gonna learn far more about this than I ever wanted to!!! :cool:

I went to:

www.dvdenergy.com

and they say their software will copy any DVD to a blank CD with just a CD burner and retain full DVD quality and play in any DVD player or in your CD player in your computer.....HOW DO THEY DO THAT???? :confused:

I thought the DVD format was altogether different from a CD......But I'm learning different!!! :bows:

Anyone have any idea how this is done with just a CD burner?? :help:

Marauderjack :(

Wags
08-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Discs that are protected have to be decrypted, then recoded to a blank disc. There are several free decrypters that are available on the net. I use Nero to recode the data when I burn discs, because it has a very nice compression feature to allow you to put a double layer dvd to a single layer blank disk (4.7GB), without losing much quality. Another option is to just burn the movie files without any other extra files,like the menus, prevues, and other files that you don't really need. If you are watching on a regular TV, you will not notice any degredation from the original, uncompressed disc. If your dvd burner is dual layer, then it will copy the files without any compression, and the quality will remain unchanged.

Wags

MikesMerc
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
This is a fully legal site. You can copy anything with this.

ANYDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html)

RCSignals
08-23-2005, 01:09 AM
If you mean you cannot write to any DVD, you may have to turn off the MS Win XP CD recording utility.