PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Spare NEw Orleans

sailsmen
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the prayers!

The hurricane missed us, we are very lucky.

The damage is severe but not catastrophic.

Sounds like my house is ok, maybe only a gutter and a shutter, but won't know for sure till I get inside. Either way and it is insured.

Most family and friends appear ok.

MI2QWK4U
08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the prayers!

Sounds like my house is ok, maybe only a gutter and a shutter, but won't know for sure till I get inside. Either way and it is insured.

Good news, great way to end the day....

MarauderMark
08-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Good news, great way to end the day....
Thank god:up:

martyo
08-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Excellent news! :up:

RoyLPita
08-30-2005, 03:52 AM
Thanx for the news. My prayers have been answered.

juno
08-30-2005, 04:13 AM
That's great news!!

Bless the others who are less fortunate. If you hear of any specific organizations accepting donations for New Orleans, please let us know.

Rkammer
08-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Some of the news videos I saw last night showed some pretty bad flooding and wind damage in New Orleans. Katrina still got it pretty badly. They'll be cleaning up for months. Sorry for all those that suffered. :(

Cobra25
08-30-2005, 05:49 AM
My sister-in law live's in Kenner La, we have'nt heard anything & no one so far knows if she alive. I'm happy your doing better than most. It will take a long time & lot's of money to fix everything over their.

ckadiddle
08-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Glad you made out OK. May you have a low insurance deductible.

ParkRanger
08-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the prayers!

Glad to hear you and your family are OK!
Was scheduled to be in NOLA Sept 8-10 but the conference was just cancelled and will be rescheduled later this fall. Will give you a call when I finally do arrive and buy you a drink on Bourbon St. :beer: Will advise by PM when I leave.
Watch out for the water snakes and red fire ants.

PR :burnout:

CRUZTAKER
08-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Glad you were missed....

Catastrophic is the only way to describe the video here: http://www.wlbt.com/

It won't take months to fix this...it'll take years. :depress:

Meteorite
08-30-2005, 03:27 PM
My sister-in law live's in Kenner La, we have'nt heard anything & no one so far knows if she alive. I'm happy your doing better than most. It will take a long time & lot's of money to fix everything over their.
Obviously, prayers need to and will continue. I pray she is okay.

Cobra25
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Obviously, prayers need to and will continue. I pray she is okay. Thank you for you prayers & kind works.

Donna
08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Obviously, prayers need to and will continue. I pray she is okay.
Glad it hear she is ok....but like Meteorite said, prayers are still needed for many others. Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.

Cobra25
08-31-2005, 06:01 AM
Glad it hear she is ok....but like Meteorite said, prayers are still needed for many others. Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry , We don't know if she is ok or not. We haven't heard anything at all. But we need to pray for everyone affected by this, that's for sure. I do know that help is on the way ,One of my friends is a Police officer in Fort Lauderdale and they are sending a number of officers to the affected area's. I'm sure other area's of our country are doing the same.

Rkammer
08-31-2005, 06:12 AM
I'm sorry , We don't know if she is ok or not. We haven't heard anything at all. But we need to pray for everyone affected by this, that's for sure. I do know that help is on the way ,One of my friends is a Police officer in Fort Lauderdale and they are sending a number of officers to the affected area's. I'm sure other area's of our country are doing the same.
There are also police, fire and medical people being sent from the Orlando area. God knows, we know what it's like from last year! The wireless companies and power companies in Central Florida have also sent crews up to help restore phone and power services. I'm always proud to say I'm an American but in times like these I'm reminded even more what a great country we live in. :)

DEFYANT
08-31-2005, 06:38 AM
Beware of the looters! Did anyone else see the crap that was going on at the local Wal-Mart? WTF is wrong here!?

All this as Wal-Mart execs are on the news donating 1 million to relief efforts and estimating at least 5 or 6 stores are shut down.

Bluerauder
08-31-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm always proud to say I'm an American but in times like these I'm reminded even more what a great country we live in. :)
There are also crews coming from Virginia. Understand that Dominion Electric folks are enroute as are the Fairfax, VA Fire Department Heavy Rescue folks. If you see these crews enroute on the highways .... give 'em a big thumbs up. :up: They'll be there for quite a while as this gets sorted out.

juno
08-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah, we (FPL) are sending crews as they get done in SFL.