PDA

View Full Version : Son Of A...

Donny Carlson
09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Yesterday, on the way to work, I noticed my local Chevron had 93 octane at 2.699 Cool, I thought, prices are down a bit. I'll fill up this afternoon.

Coming home from work, same station, 93 octane 2.999

Crap!! So, I decided to fill up after work today.

Same station this afternoon, 93 octane 3.199

SOB!!!

Logan
09-01-2005, 04:31 PM
You gonna sell your marauder now too? ;)

Eric91Z
09-01-2005, 04:39 PM
This was on one of local news station websites today:

http://www.theiowachannel.com/automotive/4922287/detail.html

duhtroll
09-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Yep - was at the pump two days ago and heard the lady in the booth tell people "It's going up 30 cents by midnight, and probably another 30 cents tomorrow."

First time I ever topped off my tank. Well, in public, that is.

-A

Vortex
09-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Better stock up on premium before the hoarders get it all.

SergntMac
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Watching prices on my way to/from work today...This morning at 0600 Hr., 93 octane 3.09.9. This afternoon, 3.49.9. Just a half hour ago, 3.55.9.

Film at 11...

SergntMac
09-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Hehehe...E v e r y t h i n g I own is always for sale. Offer the right price, it's all yours. I'm not sentimental about property, and money that does not circulate, isn't money.

dwasson
09-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Even if there isn't a shortage, if everyone tops off there will be.

CRUZTAKER
09-01-2005, 07:25 PM
$3.59 was the highest I have seen in the western Chicago burbs today.

Got lucky...if you can call it that...and filled up with 87 at the price of $2.99.

This is rough now...the milage the company occationally pays at 40cents a mile is almost a wash lately...

Slowpoke
09-01-2005, 07:32 PM
I got lucky too... added 5 gallons last night @ $3.39. Downtown Chicago has about the hughest damn prices in the state but somehow this station at State & Roosevelt didnt raise their prices like everyone else did.

I probably wont need more gas for a month.

Petrograde
09-01-2005, 07:48 PM
$2.99 for 93 octane when I was coming home from work. I guess it pays to be close to the pipeline...

DEFYANT
09-01-2005, 08:11 PM
We drove about 20 miles on RT 1 here in northern Md. We noted regular prices range from 2.88 up to 3.49 per gallon.

This was gouging at its worst.

Now, I understand if the gas station owner got gouged by the supplier. But That is not what happend. They were raising the price simply because the market dictated the price. They had the same gas in their storage tanks!

Bull*****. :mad2:

I am NOT selling my Marauder

martyo
09-01-2005, 08:14 PM

If he does, he better post it in the Classifieds, or he will get hate mail. Ask me how I know. :(

texascorvette
09-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't even smoke, but I felt like lighting up after filling my tank.

RCSignals
09-01-2005, 09:11 PM
If he does, he better post it in the Classifieds, or he will get hate mail. Ask me how I know. :(

OK How do you know?

MENINBLK
09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Yesterday, on the way to work, I noticed my local Chevron had 93 octane at 2.699 Cool, I thought, prices are down a bit. I'll fill up this afternoon.

Coming home from work, same station, 93 octane 2.999

Crap!! So, I decided to fill up after work today.

Same station this afternoon, 93 octane 3.199

SOB!!!

There is a Shell station here selling 93 for $3.999.
I hope it makes you feel that your fuel is inexpensive...

MENINBLK
09-01-2005, 09:20 PM

Actually. most of the gas stations here only have Premium left...
Cheapest 87 is $2.91 and its sold out.
Cheapest 89 is $3.15 and its sold out.
That leaves 91 at $3.25 - 3.56,
and 93 going for $3.49 - 3,75 with one station asking $3.999.

Gasoline has gone up an average of 75 cents since last Saturday...
It was $2/gal Jan 1st...

:cry:

Donny Carlson
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Not on your life. Even at $52 a tank, the dollars/fun ratio is still better than a hooker, and you don't have buy condoms

It does mean I have less in the mods budget, which means more time in between sessions. And the fact it costs over $50 to round trip it to the ATL means less frequent visits with the Toddster.

Rider90
09-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I for one don't care about gas prices. I don't really care if it cost me 3.40+ at the pump tonight, I don't really care if they spike another dollar over night. Maybe when I have to pay $150 to fill my tank, I might begin to express additional thoughts towards it. I think of this as an addition to the car payment, which I'm more than happy to work for and pay every month as I go from paycheck to paycheck.

Hey maybe kills will get easier since everyone is holding back on the throttle? I for one won't be driving any easier, looking for a 20 MPG tune, or cringe when passing the gas station price board anytime soon.

I bought a 300 Horse-Power 32-Valve Dual Overhead Cam 4.6L MARAUDER to enjoy and you bet 'yer' a.ss I'll be enjoying every gas guzzling wide open raw moment of it.

With prices how they are now it costs approx. an extra $20 each tank. Watch me fill up, smile to the guy filling up his Scion, and smoke his ass when we pull out the station. heck, that $20 was going towards crap I didn't really need anyway.

Done....

Donny Carlson
09-01-2005, 10:46 PM
With prices how they are now it costs approx. an extra $20 each tank. Watch me fill up, smile to the guy filling up his Scion, and smoke his ass when we pull out the station. heck, that $20 was going towards crap I didn't really need anyway.Done....
I fill up every 4th day. $20 more a tank means more than $140 a month. That means $200 more in pretax earnings, which represents about 6 hours of overtime for me. Sorry, I just can't be blase about taking it up the ass.

2003 MIB
09-02-2005, 03:50 AM
And the fact it costs over $50 to round trip it to the ATL means less frequent visits with the Toddster.
I guess every dark cloud has a silver lining.:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:P

FastMerc
09-02-2005, 04:57 AM
Well I was hoping that the OPEC nations would be nice and help out in time of crisis,but I guess there pocket books are a little light.(They need the money):bs: Oh I forgot to mention that we have a greedy oil man as president,so I doubt that will happen.They are his buddies:mad2:

twolow
09-02-2005, 06:42 AM
I have parked the MM and driving the Ranger because of the gas prices. I have half a tank in the MM for the occassional cruise down the street.

Feels good to not have to buy premium for a few days. The Ranger is more than happy to drink 87 :P

Marauder
09-02-2005, 07:09 AM
My MM is also parked and is barely getting even the weekend cruise.

A place by me has gas for $3.759 for the 93!!!
:censor: :shake: :down: :nono:

Luckily the Mobil next door to my office is the cheapest around here....they have 87 for $3.199 (which the Safari likes) and 93 for $3.339. I never thought I'd see the day where I thought $3.199 for gas was cheap. :shake:

DEFYANT
09-02-2005, 07:10 AM
I am very glad I got most of the mods out of the way. I will certianly be running the company car more often for the short tips.

Our attitude towards the gas prices are exatly what the gas gougers are expecting. They know Americans are in love with their cars and will not give them up.

Marauder
09-02-2005, 07:13 AM
I am very glad I got most of the mods out of the way. I will certianly be running the company car more often for the short tips.

Our attitude towards the gas prices are exatly what the gas gougers are expecting. They know Americans are in love with their cars and will not give them up.

I hear ya...I may be driving a bit less but I'm not giving mine up just yet!!!

Krytin
09-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Well I was hoping that the OPEC nations would be nice and help out in time of crisis,but I guess there pocket books are a little light.(They need the money):bs: Oh I forgot to mention that we have a greedy oil man as president,so I doubt that will happen.They are his buddies:mad2:
A big part of the problem is lack of refinery capacity. All the refineries were running at full capacity before they lost 8 of them due to the storm. That was 10% of the total capacity! You can have all the crude oil in the world, you still can't burn it for fuel before it's refined.

The President needs to kick his buddies in the A$$ for not spending some of their windfall profits on increasing refinery capacity - but then they wouldn't have an excuse for charging outrageous prices for a product that isn't costing anymore to refine!

marauder307
09-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Be interesting to see how HI handles this...Premium here last night in Honolulu was $3.09/gallon. And HI's gas price cap just went into effect yesterday, so the sellers can't sell to the vendors for more than something like $1.25/gallon.

BruteForce
09-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Glance at Oil and Gas Refineries

Thu Sep 1, 5:59 PM ET

Oil and gas refineries and producers remain disrupted by Hurricane Katrina, but most are reporting no major damage. Here's a look at the status of refinery and production in the Gulf as of Thursday:

Supply shortage warnings:

• Florida warns natural gas supply cuts could lead to electricity shortages.

• North Carolina governor warns of "significant loss of gasoline in the Southeast."

• Petroleum Traders Corp., the country's largest independent fuel wholesaler, said it has been cut off by BP PLC and largely cut off by Marathon Oil Corp.

• Exxon Mobil Corp. warns some fuel supply disruptions inevitable; company keeping retail gasoline prices at company-owned stations unchanged.

• Chevron Corp. restricting supplies of gasoline to wholesalers from its East Coast terminals.

• Royal Dutch Shell maintains freeze on prices charged to fuel wholesalers at its terminals in storm-hit areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

Refineries shut in:

• Norco, La. - Valero Energy Corp.'s St. Charles refinery, at 260,000 barrels a day, suffers no serious damage, has restored power, and should restart Sept. 12. Access to Motiva Enterprises' refinery here, 225,000 barrels a day, is limited, and they are delaying a damage assessment.

• Convent, La. - Motiva Enterprises' refinery here, 235,000 barrels a day, may restart within the week, as damage is light and staffing good.

• Meraux, La. - Murphy Oil Corp.'s refinery here, 120,000 barrels a day, looks less damaged than feared. Entergy Corp. said the refinery may face power outages longer than 7-10 days due to heavy flooding in the region.

• Chalmette, La. - Exxon Mobil Corp.'s refinery here, 183,000 barrels a day, remains shut and evacuated; company has no information on damage or restart. Entergy said the refinery may face power outages longer than 7-10 days due to heavy flooding in the region.

• Belle Chasse, La. - ConocoPhillips' Alliance refinery, 255,000 barrels a day, remains shut; no information on damage or restart.

• Garyville, La. - Marathon Oil Co.'s refinery here, 245,000 barrels a day, finds no significant damage. It began production Thursday and plans to start producing gasoline, diesel and jet fuel in the next three to five days.

• Pascagoula, Miss. — Chevron Corp.'s refinery here, 325,000 barrels a day, refinery remains shut and evacuated; area saw severe flooding.

Refinery run cuts:

• Exxon Mobil's 494,000 barrel-a-day Baton Rouge refinery.

• Valero Energy's 86,000 barrel-a-day Krotz Springs refinery.

• Premcor's 190,000 barrel-a-day Memphis refinery.

• ConocoPhillips' 239,400 barrel-a-day Lake Charles, La., refinery.

• BP PLC at unnamed U.S. refineries.

• Total SA's 180,000 barrel-a-day Port Arthur, Texas, refinery.

Production:

• U.S. Minerals Management Service said about 90 percent of daily oil output and 79 percent of daily natural gas output were shut down in the Gulf as of Thursday — a slight improvement from Wednesday.

• Royal Dutch Shell PLC reports "significant damage" at Mars oil and gas platform and damage to a key offshore pipeline hub.

• Port Fourchon sees no severe flooding, but siltation is a concern and power is out.

• Dominion Resources reports minimal damage at its six large production platforms.

• Total SA reports no significant damage.

• Newfield Exploration Co. said a production platform at Main Pass 138 appears lost in the storm; facility was producing 1,500 barrels a day.

• Murphy Oil Corp. reported no significant damage apparent at Medusa and Front Runner platforms.

• Exxon Mobil said offshore structures appear to have minimal damage.

• Anadarko Petroleum Corp. said its Marco Polo platform appeared to have escaped serious damage.

• Kerr-McGee Corp. restarted 55,000 barrels of oil-equivalent a day of Gulf output. Total Gulf output was 130,000 before Katrina.

• U.S. Coast Guard reported five Gulf of Mexico rigs missing, two adrift, two listing and one grounded.

• Devon Energy Corp. said it restored about 50 percent of its Gulf of Mexico oil and natural gas production it had voluntarily suspended prior to the hurricane.

• Nalco Holding Co. said overall operations remain difficult to assess, though manufacturing operations sustained no major damage. Nalco plants in Scott and Port Allen, La., resumed operations with minimal destruction.

• W&T Offshore Inc.'s drilling rigs and production platforms in the Gulf appear to have sustained minimal damage. The company said it expects a majority of its operated production will be back within the next four days.

• Marathon Oil reboarded all of its Gulf of Mexico platforms. It reported minimal damage at its Ewing Bank platform, but said there was some "serious" damage at South Pass, where it operates three platforms.

• El Paso Corp. said first inspections showed minimal damage. Only one platform of 61 inspected, out of 77 total, was destroyed. Daily output is down to nearly 80 million cubic feet a day, from about 205 million cubic feet a day before the hurricane.

• One of Helmerich & Payne Inc.'s eight active platform rigs in the Gulf suffered considerable damage. On first assessment, the others are little or not damaged.

Limited service restored:

• Kinder Morgan Energy Partners' Plantation Pipeline, on its fuel pipeline serving the Southeast.

• Colonial Pipeline, on its fuel pipeline serving the East Coast.

• Louisiana Offshore Oil Port and Royal Dutch Shell's Capline pipeline.

Natural gas supply:

• Enbridge Inc. reported damage to 800 million cubic foot-a-day Mississippi Canyon Corridor pipeline system.

• Williams Cos. lifted force majeure on Transcontinental Pipeline, the key pipeline supplying consumers in the Northeast.

• Gulfstream Natural Gas System LLC, a joint development between Williams Cos. and Duke Energy Corp., said its 691-mile natural gas pipeline is fully operational after suffering no significant damage.

hitchhiker
09-02-2005, 09:41 AM
We drove about 20 miles on RT 1 here in northern Md. We noted regular prices range from 2.88 up to 3.49 per gallon.

This was gouging at its worst.

Now, I understand if the gas station owner got gouged by the supplier. But That is not what happend. They were raising the price simply because the market dictated the price. They had the same gas in their storage tanks!

Bull*****. :mad2:

I am NOT selling my Marauder
Too bad they don't have to pay capital gains tax on the hoard of gas in their tanks!

:D

Donny Carlson
09-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Tonight, the local "discount" gas station (Jet Pep) had regular at $3.199 and 93 octane at $3.399. This was odd, because the chain stations (Shell, BP, Chevron, Exxon, Etc) still had regular at $2.999 and 93 octane at $3.199.

So, what does it mean when the discount station -- the one that's usually several cents per gallon cheaper than the big guys -- jumps their prices?

I suspect - but hope not -- that tomorrow morning the big chains will jump 30 more cents a gallon. Yeesh.

DEFYANT
09-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Has anyone noticed diesel? At first they forgot to raise diesel.

texascorvette
09-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Since everyone left New Orleans, I wonder where they are going to find people to work the refineries there that make 10% of our Country's gasoline......oh, yeah, and work on the off-shore rigs.

Petrograde
09-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Last night on my way home from work I noticed the gas went fron $2.99/gal to $3.09.

I'll bet it jumps another 10 cents today. :rolleyes:

rayjay
09-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Regular locally is 3.49 and 93 is 3.71 Being a lowly civil servant I am greatly curtailing my driving. A two - three day nationwide trucker strike may slow down the price gouging.

Petrograde
09-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Topped of the tank today,... $3.19/gal for 93. good thing I was only at 1/2 tank!

Logan
09-03-2005, 03:40 PM
You're not comin to visit anytime soon then eh? ;)

Donny Carlson
09-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I been at WTF level now for days...

http://www.consumptionjunction.com/downloadsnew/cj_48406.jpg

captJ696
09-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I been at WTF level now for days...

http://www.consumptionjunction.com/downloadsnew/cj_48406.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: Too funny, I needed a laugh! Oil companies have us by da "nads". Did I hear someone say...OVERTIME!

merc
09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
These gas prices will certainly affect my plans to attend SSH5 in Atlanta this year. I might be checking into putting my car on the Auto train and drive from Florida to Georgia.

dwasson
09-03-2005, 09:10 PM
It looks like the prices at the discount stations are more volatile than the brand names. Is that because the big name dealers are locked into long term contracts and the discount stations buy on the spot market?

marauder307
09-03-2005, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Slowpoke]I got lucky too... added 5 gallons last night @ $3.39. Downtown Chicago has about the hughest damn prices in the state...[QUOTE]

Check Springfield...my fiancee's family says that gas down there is somewhere in the 3 1/2 range, just for regular...

Talk about a flip-flop...Hawaii was supposed to have the highest prices of anyplace in the U.S....the price cap that went into effect Thursday is NOW insuring that our prices are the lowest...worst price I've seen thus far is with Tesoros Gas, @ 2.96 for regular and 3.16 for premium. The 76 station on Lunalilo Home Road has got regular for 2.87/gallon!

I have absolutely no other idea why you guys are paying so much except to say that the gouging has gotten out of hand. Thursday morning, as I sat in the STL airport waiting to leave, the news was reporting that three of the main oil pipelines that traverse the Southeast were going back into operation that day. By the reports here on this forum, most of the refineries that were shut down are back in operation, and with the exception of two oil rigs that the USCG can't find, all of them are firing up again. The oil's there, it's just that the Port of NO is drowned out and incapable of taking it for now...big deal. Just shift it over to the Ports of Beaumont and Port Arthur, they're not full up and have acres upon acres of tank space...of course, doing that would involve the use of common sense, and we just CAN'T have that in the Big Oil business... :shake:

rayjay
09-04-2005, 04:57 AM
These gas prices will certainly affect my plans to attend SSH5 in Atlanta this year. I might be checking into putting my car on the Auto train and drive from Florida to Georgia.Problem is the trains run on diesel fuel... Maybe we'll have to revert to coal fired steam engines again :depress:

Fastronald
09-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I paid $2.99 this morning for gas.

jgc61sr2002
09-04-2005, 04:42 PM
I paid $2.99 this morning for gas.

Where is that? Cheapest reg on Long Island that I have seen is $3.39 with 93 approx. 20 cents more.