PDA

View Full Version : Got a Compliment...

FordNut
09-03-2005, 02:50 PM
I was piddling with my Marauder in the driveway and a guy in a black convertible vette slows to a near stop as he drives by, compliments me on the nice car. As he drives on I shout "Thanks, you gotta nice one too!"

Smokie
09-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Feels great , don't it Brian?:D

BillyGman
09-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that when someone who drives a two door sports car can notice how nice some big sedans look, it shows that he is very much a car enthusiast, and that he has taste. I know that not everyone is going to have the same taste in cars, and that's okay, but sometimes I wonder about people who have nothing but negative things to say about the Marauder. What I mean is, that I cannot help but suspect that they either cannot see the pleasant body lines in any sedan simply because of it's size, or that they simply have so much hatred for cops, that they also hate any car that is from the panther platform just because it resembles cop cars. If the latter is the case, then it shows where their head is at, as well as their attitude in general. :rolleyes:

But let's face it, in general, the Marauder does get more positive attention than many other sedans do. Even ones that are much more expensive.

Mike Poore
09-03-2005, 04:19 PM
But let's face it, in general, the Marauder does get more positive attention than many other sedans do. Even ones that are much more expensive.
I agree, Billy. In most cases they do a double take, because there's something different about it; then ..."Hey! that must be one of those Marauders" :thinker:

Thing is, you NEVER see any of 'em, in these parts.

We were at the mall the other day, and an elderly gentlemen was looking hard at it, and pointing and explaining to his wife.

Also, I like the way the LEOs give that little nod. :D

BillyGman
09-03-2005, 04:27 PM
We were at the mall the other day, and an elderly gentlemen was looking hard at it, and pointing and explaining to his wife. Yep, that's another thing that I've noticed about the attention that Marauders get. It doesn't seem to be limited to any age group at all. I've had people of both genders staring at my car and making remarks about it from ages 8-70 yrs old.

Also, I like the way the LEOs give that little nod. :DMany of them do like these cars (how can I blame them? ;) ) and there have also been times when I swear that having this car has gotten me out of tickets.

Hotrauder
09-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Many of them do like these cars (how can I blame them? ;) ) and there have also been times when I swear that having this car has gotten me out of tickets.
I traded a Silver Flash 03 CV LX Sport with all the bells and whistles. Very nice I thought. Had maybe 2 compliments in 34,600 miles. I have had the DRT for a month...500 miles and have averaged a compliment or comment every time out. I spotted it a 45 mph in heavy traffic in the 3rd row from the street on the dealers lot....so I guess I understand that people do notice...men women and young and old.

Today," Is that a Miata?" I think you mean a Marauder." Yah, nice ride , man."

One other note...There are not many of these great cars around... I haven't seen one since I bought this one.

There is one listed in the Tampa Times. 04 Burg(?) /Black must be DTR $23982 Lokey Motor Co. 1-866-296-6565:beer: