PDA

View Full Version : CNN Weather Report

SergntMac
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
CNN reports that tropical storm Ophelia is now a Cat 1 hurricane.

They say it's hovering about 70 miles offshore NNW of Cape Canaveral, and not moving, which makes it difficult to predict a future path. There are seven possible computer models at the present time.

Ophelia's core has sustained winds in excess of 75 miles per hour, and it's gaining energy from very warm 93 degree sea water temps. Should it continue to grow and move towards land, the Eastern seaboard from Daytona FL. to Charleston SC. is at risk. They also say that Ophelia could shift away from land, and this is the most likely path at this time.

Y'all possibly affected, hang on. You're in my prayers.

Petrograde
09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
well,.. I hope that path does keep it off the coast!

..and if she does decide to come ashore, maybe folks will actually leave.

ALF
09-08-2005, 04:59 PM
When is enough, enough?

Bluerauder
09-08-2005, 05:29 PM
CNN reports that tropical storm Ophelia is now a Cat 1 hurricane.
Here's a good site for Hurricane Tracking and info. National Hurricane Center (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) Personally, I get a much better picture of the storm by flipping through the graphics and charts. :D Ophelia is Cat I and growing over the next 72 hours. Estimated path is northeast away from the coast.

STLR FN
09-08-2005, 11:30 PM
..and if she does decide to come ashore, maybe folks will actually leave.Nope you'll still have crackheads that will want to ride it out then complain later.

Marauderjack
09-09-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks Mac.....

There is always a "Downside" to living in PARADISE!!! :argue:

We run when we have to!! :burnout:

Marauderjack :shake:

dwasson
09-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Why would you name a hurricane after a psychotic Shakespeare character anyway?

ckadiddle
09-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Whoopie. Another one. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy. Just when you thought it was safe to go back to Florida....

twolow
09-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Looks like the latest prediction is its gonna spend the weekend coming around for another pass. It seems it isn't strong enough yet to cause devistation so its gonna do circles until it hits cat 5 then come at us :alone:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT16/refresh/AL1605W5_sm2+gif/085050W_sm.gif