PDA

View Full Version : "NEW" From Lincoln Mercury!!!

TheDealer
09-10-2005, 10:24 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/85/milan_and_zephyr_flyer.600.jpg

Blackened300a
09-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Any Fact to the Rumor that the Milan will be the next Marauder if they decide to Bring back the neameplate?? My Co-Worker heard this from a Salesman at a L/M Dealership.

TheDealer
09-10-2005, 11:04 AM
I haven't heard that one yet!!! :bs:

jgc61sr2002
09-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Is the Milan rear wheel drive?

Logan
09-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Any Fact to the Rumor that the Milan will be the next Marauder if they decide to Bring back the neameplate?? My Co-Worker heard this from a Salesman at a L/M Dealership.
You're kidding me right? #1 rule for automotive enthusiasts. Never, ever listen to anything a car salesman tells you. They've quite honestly no clue and the verbal goo that comes out of their mouth is utterly retarded.

I once had a salesmen tell me with a straight face, while looking at the engine bay of a marauder that, "Yep, it's supercharged, it'll put you back in your seat. I hear they're running 11 seconds in the quarter from the factory."

This was back in August 02.

RCSignals
09-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Is the Milan rear wheel drive?

I don't think it is.

jgc61sr2002
09-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't think it is.

That is what I thought. :(

Blackened300a
09-10-2005, 11:21 AM
The Milan is like the Ford Fusion its FWD and maybe there will be a AWD. I didnt Believe it either but the Dealer said that in response to the rising Gas prices, you may see smaller cars with muscle Car Name plates. Dealers SUCK!

Joe Walsh
09-10-2005, 12:06 PM
You're kidding me right? #1 rule for automotive enthusiasts. Never, ever listen to anything a car salesman tells you. They've quite honestly no clue and the verbal goo that comes out of their mouth is utterly retarded.

I once had a salesmen tell me with a straight face, while looking at the engine bay of a marauder that, "Yep, it's supercharged, it'll put you back in your seat. I hear they're running 11 seconds in the quarter from the factory."

LOL....

When I balked at buying a 'demo' Marauder the salesman asked: "WHY?"

I told him that I was NOT going to buy a car that EVERYONE had beaten on and flogged during their test drives....

He said: "You don't have to worry about that, the engines are all broken in at the factory, and besides the engines are made out of chrome-moly!"

I ended our conversation at that point....

STLR FN
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
While at Briarwood Ford today, I almost spit out my pop when the owner/GSM said "What's RWHP?"

SergntMac
09-10-2005, 01:52 PM
While at Briarwood Ford today, I almost spit out my pop when the owner/GSM said "What's RWHP?"I see your point, but cut the man a little slack, eh? For one, he was asking, which is rare among salesmen. And two, in all honestly, it's not a concept they dabble in. No matter what this index tells us in realistic terms, they don't like to quote reduce numbers, unless it's your trade-in value.

BillyGman
09-10-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/85/milan_and_zephyr_flyer.600.jpg Thanks for the info Ray, but they're just not my cup of tea. IMO the styling neds a lot of help. particularly the grill and head light schemes. :puke: Just my opinion......

TheDealer
09-10-2005, 02:22 PM
And everyone is welcome to their opinion. That's why there are so many makes and models to choose from.

Mike Poore
09-10-2005, 03:08 PM
And everyone is welcome to their opinion. That's why there are so many makes and models to choose from.
I donno, Ray. I think the Milan/Fusion has nice lines, and looks as if it's a good, solid platform. Steve Babcock kept dancing around the latest SVT project car, beyond the Mustang, and it's my bet this is gonna be it.

Bottom line, I like the car. :D

DEFYANT
09-10-2005, 03:54 PM
An SVT Zepher

SVT Milan... <-- Wouldnt that be a bit ironic..

I'll stay tuned.

ctrcbob
09-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Just came from www.mercuryvehicles.com (http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/) and www.lincolnvehicles.com (http://www.lincolnvehicles.com/) to read the specs. I could be wrong, but it looks like the Milan and Zephyr are the same car except the Zephyr has more luxury.

The Milan is offered with a 4 cylinder or a 3.0 V6. The Zephyr has the same V6.

Again, I could be wrong about them being the same car.

MENINBLK
09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
With the acceptance of the Fusion for NASCAR, I can see it being ported over to the SVT Division.
One of the stipulations that NASCAR has, is that any vehicle used for NASCAR
has to be sold as a common street vehicle.
So with the Fusion on the track, there is going to be a need for aftermarket stuff too.
Kinda like when the SHO Taurus was around.

The SVT Fusion will probably take the place of the SVT Focus...

Mike Poore
09-11-2005, 03:26 AM
I was thinking an SVT Fusion, Charlie; but got a little mixed up with the names. It wouldn't be the first FWD SVT, though. There was the SVT Focus, and, of course the wildly successful SVT Contour. :rolleyes:

SVT
An SVT Zepher

SVT Milan... <-- Wouldnt that be a bit ironic..

I'll stay tuned.