PDA

View Full Version : Dressed Up Marauder

gjtcodered
09-12-2005, 09:40 AM
I wanted to dress it up a little cause it's like my toy. I wipe it off everyday and keep it lookin good. So I put a front mask on it(from the dealer $122.00), decals on the side triangle mirrors(says marauder and has the head emblem,all in red), red letters in the indented part of rear bumper and a wheelskin red leather steering wheel cover. I got the wheel skin from autoanything.com and the decalsfrom Bob White's decals. I got a red leather seat belt pad at the auto parts store. Any body else dressing them up? What have you done?

Rider90
09-12-2005, 09:43 AM
I just did SS inserts, a badgeless grille by Zack, tints.

Do you have any pics of your car?

Hack Goby
09-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I have the front bra also but its hard to get it tight and flops around over 60mph.It looks good on silver though.I also put on a hood liner today.(See garage) :beer:

fastblackmerc
09-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I wanted to dress it up a little cause it's like my toy. I wipe it off everyday and keep it lookin good. So I put a front mask on it(from the dealer $122.00), decals on the side triangle mirrors(says marauder and has the head emblem,all in red), red letters in the indented part of rear bumper and a wheelskin red leather steering wheel cover. I got the wheel skin from autoanything.com and the decalsfrom Bob White's decals. I got a red leather seat belt pad at the auto parts store. Any body else dressing them up? What have you done?
SS inserts, clear bra (doesn't flap around and it's nearly invisible), God's heads replacing the waterfall / hockey sticks frt & rear, leather steering wheel cover (same color as interior leather), MARAUDER badges on frt. fenders, headlight & fog light SilverStars, more in my sig.

gjtcodered
09-12-2005, 02:32 PM
I have the front bra also but its hard to get it tight and flops around over 60mph.It looks good on silver though.I also put on a hood liner today.(See garage) :beer:I used a few bungy cords to go through the loops at upper part of bra. Under hood there are places to hook them, mine doesn't flap at all.

gjtcodered
09-12-2005, 03:18 PM
SS inserts, clear bra (doesn't flap around and it's nearly invisible), God's heads replacing the waterfall / hockey sticks frt & rear, leather steering wheel cover (same color as interior leather), MARAUDER badges on frt. fenders, headlight & fog light SilverStars, more in my sig.
Where did you get the clear bra?

Blackened300a
09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I painted my Tail lights like the S55 Marauder that was in the Car show in 2002 It made a nice touch

Pic Attached

MarauderMark
09-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Right here~~~>http://www.xpel.com/

Zaino , Tint , Badgless grill , Working on Cobra rear emblem(went threw 3 allready :( but i'll get it) New tips , spoiler , ss-inserts and Thats it fer now.. :D

Bradley G
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I did godshead badges front and rear.

s&s letters and IMOA sticker.
Most recently Trilogy Motorsports stickers and All new Dynopros Performance stickers.
Oh yeah one more Marauder S/C on the trunk .
I had a guy ask me "What's Marauder SIC mean?" I laughed out loud!:baaa:

1stMerc
09-12-2005, 08:36 PM
See signature

fastblackmerc
09-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Try this website: http://www.xpel.com/ you can search for an installer by zip code. I have to warn you it's a little expensive, around $500.00, but it comes with a 5 year warranty and what ever you do to keep your car clean you can do to the bra. I'll never go back to the vinyl bra again.

AzMarauder
09-13-2005, 06:24 AM
I used a few bungy cords to go through the loops at upper part of bra. Under hood there are places to hook them, mine doesn't flap at all.
Watch the bra and see what it does to the paint along the edges of the bra. Everyone I've ever seen will move just enough to make very fine scratches... and after a while there will be a 1/4-1/2 wide abrasion line that follows the edge of the bra. So when the bra is off the car it looks awful.

Marauderman
09-13-2005, 04:08 PM
..........and one ride in my MM started it all..................gotta love it.. :banana:.....wait till he rides in it again--it could start a whole new revoluntion... :lol:

FastMerc
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey man just check out my gallery:D

Shaft333
09-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Trailer hitch. http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

jgc61sr2002
09-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Watch the bra and see what it does to the paint along the edges of the bra. Everyone I've ever seen will move just enough to make very fine scratches... and after a while there will be a 1/4-1/2 wide abrasion line that follows the edge of the bra. So when the bra is off the car it looks awful.

I agree, extended use of the bra will definitely damage the paint. :(

Svashtar
09-13-2005, 11:33 PM
(Exterior only): SS Inserts, Car Motorsports S55 chrome badge under RR tail light, Marty's Fender badges, OEM spoiler, engraved rear chrome lic. plate frame, Zack badgeless chrome front grill, extended delete tips, door guards from Ray, Godshead anti-theft valve caps, Gorilla lock lug nuts, Weatherflectors, mm.net fuel door apron, Fram locking gas cap, max legal CA tint, "Let's Roll!" Spirit of 9/11 decal LR side window.

Pending: Godshead rear badge from Car Motorsports,

gjtcodered
09-14-2005, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=AzMarauder]Watch the bra and see what it does to the paint along the edges of the bra. Everyone I've ever seen will move just enough to make very fine scratches... and after a while there will be a 1/4-1/2 wide abrasion line that follows the edge of the bra. So when the bra is off the car it looks awful.[
/QUOTE]
Edge goes under the hood. Do you mean edge of the hood peice and the little edge on the fender?

modular46
09-14-2005, 09:44 AM
In my dad's garage, I found a late 60s (actually purchsed then), "fake" Vinyl Top kit form JC Whitney. I think I'll use that. I did the top on my '58 Anglia with one. It was cool in high school. Of course, so were the paisley seat covers that matched my shirt. :coolman:

CRUZTAKER
09-14-2005, 05:24 PM
I used a few bungy cords to go through the loops at upper part of bra. Under hood there are places to hook them, mine doesn't flap at all.
I tied one knot in each of the sewed in elastic bands on the bra that pass through the grill. No more flapping. ;)

gjtcodered
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Watch the bra and see what it does to the paint along the edges of the bra. Everyone I've ever seen will move just enough to make very fine scratches... and after a while there will be a 1/4-1/2 wide abrasion line that follows the edge of the bra. So when the bra is off the car it looks awful.Mybra goes up under the hood. Only edges are a little on fender and the hood peice. Hood peice has a soft edge an after a month don't see even the slightest scratch. Maybe yours was made buy a different company. Got mine from dealer. Or am I missing something here?

AzMarauder
09-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Mybra goes up under the hood. Only edges are a little on fender and the hood peice. Hood peice has a soft edge an after a month don't see even the slightest scratch. Maybe yours was made buy a different company. Got mine from dealer. Or am I missing something here?
The Bras I've seen were on Mustangs, Celicas, Starions. I've not seen one that was on an MM.

I'm not a fan of them (as you can probably tell) but I guess it is a trade off between stone ships and the abrasion I'm speaking about. But if you get the abrasion, you can't take the bra off without the car looking terrible... so I'm not sure if stonechips aren't preferable.

kartherma
12-26-2005, 03:01 AM
As I see it, there are two distinct type of bras out there.
One is leather or vinyl and the other is a clear plastic sheet that is designed to not be seen.

The leather or vinyl one has the potential to be loose in its fit on the car and can flap around in the wind causing an abrasion in those areas where it is loose. If you choose a bra of this type that is not hand made to fit to the car, you risk this damage to the paint. (but who cares...if you put a bra of this type on your car...you expect that the bra is what will be forever seen. Not to "protect" the paint but rather a different front end)

The clear bra is another animal all together. Imagine your naked Marauder in all it's glory...but up front on its high risk to be chipped areas...a clear plastic 3M supplied coating that takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. It is essentially invisible.

We saw a beautiful yellow corvette at a car show with PERFECT examples of both types of bras. The clear one you had to stare at to see. The owner could see a spot where a rock hit it and five of us MM.net members all took turns trying to see it but could not. Further more, every one of us but one did not initially notice the leather bra that was custom made and color matched to the Corvette.

Here is my take on these bra things.

The clear 3M front clip and mirrors are WELL WORTH the money. The issue with them (after spending an hour and a half with the owner of the corvette) is to ensure that they are professionally installed and not just slapped on by your local stereo boom shack that happens to sell bling rims and does window tint too...

I believe this so much that while I am on deployment I intend to have blackie repainted and that damage the drunk chick did to it. Once that is done it will get the clear bra. (expensive...but must have since I do so many highway miles on it)

I dont see myself ever going with the leather/vinyl bra. But if I did, I would want one like that yellow one where it took me 3 passes to notice it. That thing was sooooooo tight and color matched....

anyways, be good!
Curt

03MERCMARAUDER
12-26-2005, 05:18 AM
Be careful using the Mercury Bra. I have a few nice littel rub marks on my grill from the elsatic straps. I dotnt even use it anymore cause the dam thing kept flapping around around 80 or so.

Joe

kartherma
12-26-2005, 05:31 AM
This is an example of what I am saying.

If you get a leather/cloth/vinyl bra...make it one that is truly a custom built and fitted to your car bra. Not one that merely says CV, GM, or Marauder on the box that you pull out of the box and install yourself. If you go with a bra, do it right...not one from the wal-mart or some other clearance house type outfit. After I spent so much time with that Corvette owner talking about that beautiful bra, I am POSITIVE that the money is well spent when going true custom vs. off the shelf.

but... do what you wanna do.

be good,
curt

03MERCMARAUDER
12-26-2005, 05:49 AM
I learned my lesson with the mercury bra. i have called colagan bra a couple times and they have told me they are curently looking into making a bra for our MM. Thats the only way i would ever through a vinyl/leather bra on my car again.

Joe

RoyLPita
12-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Mine used to flap around when I first put it on. Then I put the hooked ends through the loops and hooked the two ends together. That made the top part of the bra real tight.

jdando
12-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Any body else dressing them up? What have you done?
In keeping with the understated tone of my MM

http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/images/mmvalvecap-vi.jpg

From our friends at Innovative Interceptors.

http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/exdress.html

jeremy