PDA

View Full Version : HEMI Lives...HEMI Dies......

Pat
09-13-2005, 11:59 AM
I got a chuckle out of my wife today. She was coming from the grocery store with a trunk full and would be late for her hair appointment if she stopped to unload.

I, being the gentleman I am, offered her my Marauder while I unloaded the goodies from her car.

We swapped in the driveway and off she goes. About ten minutes later she calls me from her cell phone, "Pat, I just love your car, it's so neat and fast". I said "OK, thank you". She said "I was at the stop light next to a Chrysler 300 driven by a woman, and I touched the red cover on the nitrous switch and thought to myself, HEMI dies or HEMI lives." "Since I wasn't sure what whould happen, I left the switch off." "But when he light changed to green, I floored it and left that HEMI somewhere behind me".

The reason I thought this was so funny is because a few days before my #3 son, who installed the Nitrous system, and I were discussing how to label the arming switch. He suggested out loud that the label read HEMI Lives.....Dies.

Apparently the wife was listening.

Petrograde
09-13-2005, 12:03 PM
:lol:

That's great! :burnout:

Mike Poore
09-13-2005, 12:39 PM
HEMI Lives.....Dies.
Great story, Pat. Thanks. :)

RR|Suki
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
you're wife rox sox as the youngins would say.

Bradley G
09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, It's not that often my wife comments on a kill, but when she does I find it very amusing too. :cool4:

Big House
09-13-2005, 01:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was great. Wish my wife would sign off on something like that.

STLR FN
09-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I got the ok for a blower, just ain't got the funds. Maybe that's why she said yes. :censor:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was great. Wish my wife would sign off on something like that.

MarauderMark
09-13-2005, 04:47 PM
"I was at the stop light next to a Chrysler 300 driven by a woman, and I touched the red cover on the nitrous switch and thought to myself, HEMI dies or HEMI lives."
What a perfect saying.:up:Thats great to hear of a female out there ready to kik a$$ lol..Well it looks like thats what you can put on the switch "Lives and Dies"..Keep up the great killz!!! :D

DEFYANT
09-13-2005, 05:05 PM
...hmmmm.

HEMI rymes with Chevy..

Chevy Lives.... Chevy Dies. <--that works too.

Very cool story!!

hitchhiker
09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Works for me!

:D

ckadiddle
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I got the ok for a blower, just ain't got the funds. Maybe that's why she said yes. :censor:
LOL My wife now wants one for her new 2000 Mustang GT 'vert. Apparently the riceboys want to race her at every light. :burnout: She's very law abiding, though, and will only race them up to the posted speed limit. :D She knows driving a black GT convertible is like wearing a sign that says "TICKET ME!" on her back.

DOOM
08-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Great story pat! :2thumbs:

My type of woman! :beatnik:

MM2004
08-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Great story pat! :2thumbs:

My type of woman! :beatnik:

Good Lord!

This thread is just under 6 years old!

Were you bored Jake?

Mike.

knine
08-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Wives ALWAYS listen, husbands .....not so much.

DOOM
08-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Good Lord!

This thread is just under 6 years old!

Were you bored Jake?

Mike.

Well since you guys won't let me crack anymore DTR jokes I had to find something else to occupy my time! :P

robertmee
08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I thought 'Kill' stories were banned? Just Saying.....

RacerX
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
This one is grandfathered in!!! ;)

Baaad GN
08-04-2011, 10:08 AM
If this was Dom it would be called a race and the site would be up in arms again, THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!! ETC ETC. hmmmmm many of the do gooders must be looking the other way! anyway good for her and hopefully more stories will sneek in.

Smalldogg/03mm
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice!!!! Nothing like seeing to women racing, o I'm sorry enjoying there self behind the wheel of 2 amazing cars..

I remember when I first join I said I beat a hemi everyone went up in arms.... What's the difference.. No disrespect meant to ur post... Enjoyed

PS.. Y can't we talk about killing another car.. When these car that weight so much beat another,that's alot to talk about.. Huh?????

guspech750
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice!!!! Nothing like seeing to women racing, o I'm sorry enjoying there self behind the wheel of 2 amazing cars..

I remember when I first join I said I beat a hemi everyone went up in arms.... What's the difference.. No disrespect meant to ur post... Enjoyed

PS.. Y can't we talk about killing another car.. When these car that weight so much beat another,that's alot to talk about.. Huh?????

A member on the site, their son died from street racing. At least as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

jstevens
08-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I thought 'Kill' stories were banned? Just Saying.....

As long as there are cars, there will be stories.

Just a fact of life.

Smalldogg/03mm
08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
A member on the site, their son died from street racing. At least as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

All... Sorry to hear that.. Respect is a most....!!!! :)