PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with HP Customer Service?

JerseyVics
09-15-2005, 03:48 PM
I want to hear from you!

As many of you know I've had a hell of an experience dealing with HP and they still refuse to satisfy me... so I will be launching a web site and making the information on how they wronged me available to potential HP shoppers.

If you would like to contribute your story, please send me an e-mail: jerseyvics@msn.com and I will include it on my site. I will keep all your information annonimous.

thanks,
--Russ

PS. If anyone knows people at HP I could talk to in order to fix my problem, let me know too.

Mike Poore
09-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I want to hear from you!

As many of you know I've had a hell of an experience dealing with HP and they still refuse to satisfy me... so I will be launching a web site and making the information on how they wronged me available to potential HP shoppers.

If you would like to contribute your story, please send me an e-mail: jerseyvics@msn.com and I will include it on my site. I will keep all your information annonimous.

thanks,
--Russ

PS. If anyone knows people at HP I could talk to in order to fix my problem, let me know too.
Yeh, well, wait until you guys download and start using Firefox as your browser. Our friends at Microsoft have a deal with McAfee and Norton that won't allow the use of their Internet security programs to work with anything but Internet Explorer. To keep up to date, you must access McAfee/Norton using Internet Explorer. I just spent six days learning that lesson. :banned:

PS: It's a waste of time, trying to fight the bastages, just learn to do a workaround, and swallow ....hard a few times.:mad2:

Slowpoke
09-15-2005, 05:27 PM
not to derail the thread but you dont need norton or mcafee... there are plenty of other products that will do a much better job that will work just fine with Firefox.

gohogs
09-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Guys....Norton sucks...and Mcafee isn't even in the running. Just trying to upgrade Norton over the internet will give a major headache.

Try AVG or AVAST which are both free for personal use and are available at downloads.com. One or the other works best with most systems, although I prefer AVAST in most cases. Avast updates seamlessly almost daily, and I have yet to have a virus problem!

JerseyVics
09-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeh, well, wait until you guys download and start using Firefox as your browser. Our friends at Microsoft have a deal with McAfee and Norton that won't allow the use of their Internet security programs to work with anything but Internet Explorer. To keep up to date, you must access McAfee/Norton using Internet Explorer. I just spent six days learning that lesson. :banned:

PS: It's a waste of time, trying to fight the bastages, just learn to do a workaround, and swallow ....hard a few times.:mad2:
It would have been significantly cheaper and caused me far less headache to just buy a replacement hard drive out of pocket... but why should I? When to this day I STILL HAVE the warranty on this laptop that I paid for when I purchased it.

The problem isn't the quality of my Compaq laptop... I had a Compaq PC before that which also lost a hard drive and a MM.net member helped me repace it. The problem is the Customer Service which sucks!

Customer Service should be key for big business like HP and even if I don't get anything out of it, I want people to consider bad customer service before buying another product for them.

--Russ

Mike Poore
09-15-2005, 07:08 PM
It would have been significantly cheaper and caused me far less headache to just buy a replacement hard drive out of pocket... but why should I? When to this day I STILL HAVE the warranty on this laptop that I paid for when I purchased it.

The problem isn't the quality of my Compaq laptop... I had a Compaq PC before that which also lost a hard drive and a MM.net member helped me repace it. The problem is the Customer Service which sucks!

Customer Service should be key for big business like HP and even if I don't get anything out of it, I want people to consider bad customer service before buying another product for them.
--Russ
Hey Russ, next time you talk to the bastages, ask them where they are. Want to take a bet on India?:mad:

teamrope
09-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey Russ, next time you talk to the bastages, ask them where they are. Want to take a bet on India?:mad:

I wouldn't take that bet.

I've always had good luck with Dell.

JerseyVics
09-15-2005, 08:08 PM
lately I've been speaking with HP's USA customer support... the difference is about 30 minutes less waiting time to talk to someone, plus there's no weird accent going on.

I've also had bad experiences with both HP and Dell... unlike HP though, dell went above and beyond to satisfy me as a customer... and the interesting part was even that customer rep in India was willing to help... no so the case with HP.

--Russ

mtnh
09-15-2005, 08:21 PM
What exactly is the problem, Russ?

From what I've heard, even hp employees have a hard time with their own employee purchases when it comes to customer service, and not just a couple of people, either.

I just went through a randomly crashing compaq evo (now owned by hp) pc and they kept drilling me to run this diag and that diag, all of which passed. The problem persisted through several weeks despite their sending me parts on warranty, and in fact, my warranty expired in the middle of this. They maintained support for me until it was fixed, and the very last part that it could have been caused by fixed it. (it was the actual p4 cpu chip)

Dealing with the service call center was borderline hilarious, since i spent 13 years at digital in real field service role (digital bought by compaq, which was bought by hp).

I wish you luck. Did you buy the laptop from a retail location other than hp, or did you order direct from hp? Can you use the selling company's leverage, if you bought it from best buy, circuit city, etc?

Mike

JerseyVics
09-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Mike this is what happened:

1. I build a custom Compaq Presario 2500 notebook on hpShopping.com, added on the 1 year extended warranty on the same purchase and paid for it using an hpShopping.com issued Credit Card.

2. Less than two years later hard drive crashed. The SMART message came up on start up and never went beyond that screen so I called the customer support for help. They told me "Your warranty Expired!"

3. It took me over a week just to prove to HP that I bought my HP computer at HP using HP credit card. They knew I bought it there but needed proof from me because that their standard procedure. Faxing took many many tries and for some reason the fax never went through completely, so they send me an e-mail stating that, I scanned the same papers I tried to fax and they had all my proof immediately by e-mail.

4. Another week went by before they agreed to send me a new hard drive. They wanted a credit card as collateral so I gave them my HP credit card and they said they don't accept it, they only want Visa/Amex or Mastercard. I told them they had to be kidding me, after making me jump through loops just to recognize my warranty they won't even take my card... requested to talk to a quality control manager, he called me a few days later and send me the hard drive after grilling me on what kind I have (information thaty had in their system and in the proof of purchase I faxed and e-mailed them) I was getting irritated.

5. The hard drive arrived... physically it looked horrid. It looked like someone smashed the little black plastic box against the floor and then glued the pieces together, it looked that bad. When I installed it, it worked about the same... the whole laptop vibrated and it was making lound crackling noises that really told me the hard drive is in there and working. I didn't like it so I called them for another one... they put me through the same run around and this time refused to send another HD without a credit card collateral.

6. The quality control manager, an indian fellow by the name Kevin Thomas... which was no his real name, started getting rude with me. At one point he shut me up with a comment he made, and said obviously the hard drive is not a problem and I need to send my laptop in... I told him I would need collateral if I send them the laptop. He was at a loss, but continued pumping his standard procedure agenda so I told him not to waste my time.

7. I wrote a letter to HP Corporate World and US headquarters in CA and TX... I got an American customer service quality manager call me right away. The lady was incredibly nice and offered to send me a brand new laptop, spec'd out to the max as long as I send the old one in. I told her that wasn't an option so she said there's nothing HP can do for me for my two months of aggravation of dealing with their customer service.

8 I told them I will be launching a web site exposing their customer service practices and complete disregard for their clients... the answer I got from antoher quality manager was basically they don't give a sh......

I do want that free laptop I was offered.

--Russ

Mad4Macs
09-15-2005, 09:07 PM
I have, or have held, Compaq/HP, Dell, IBM, E-Machine, Gateway, Sony and Toshiba certs and have serviced all (and many more) under warranty for years.
I only own Apple.
Speaks volumes for what I think...

Sully008
09-15-2005, 09:17 PM
I have, or have held, Compaq/HP, Dell, IBM, E-Machine, Gateway, Sony and Toshiba certs and have serviced all (and many more) under warranty for years.
I only own Apple.
Speaks volumes for what I think... Ditto. I own a 15" Powerbook and the infamous "lower Ram slot failure" happened to it a month OUT of warranty. I still called the Apple Customer Service line and they covered the cost of a new logic board ($1000Cdn:eek:. All I had to pay was the labour to replace. No fuss, no muss.

Good Luck, Russ! Hopefully everything works out for you.

DEFYANT
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
DefyantWife and I have been very happy with Dell. Her desk top has never had a problem. My laptops monitor drivers went bad. I had to deal with Mr. Hindu at customer service, but after sending my computer to them for repair, it has performed flawlessly.

I am happy with the Norton anti-virus program. I would like to know why it is a problem.

JerseyVics
09-17-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm looking into a possibility of buying an Apple replacement.

I wonder if I send the same lettler I send to HP customer service, to their competitors like Dell, Sony, and Apple if those guys would offer me something?

I'm not looking for a handout... but a significant discount for the screw up would be nice.

--Russ

CRUZTAKER
09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
My Compaq laptop has been....wherever it has been...for three weeks now.

Under warranty. Bad motherboard, bad HD, and questionable CD-ROM.

Which reminds me....WHERE THE HELL IS MY LAPTOP!!!! :dunno:

I'll let you know when it is resolved. ;)