PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Numbers

Tallboy
09-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Drag racers, I've got a question. At the end of the day, do you drive home with your "numbers" on, or do you wipe 'em off for the ride home? I was at Gainesville today and drove home with the numbers on [a badge of honor for me]. Others wiped theirs off-"don't want to draw attention". How do you feel?

Bradley G
09-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Cool Poll ! , Chuckster!

I had a streak where I did not remove the War marks, till I went racing again.
It has been a bit tougher, to do lately, so I had to give up that ritual.
I proudly wore the racing scars @ MVIII, that's why I got a back row spot.:D
I remember taking the Daughters and friends to a concert, in Chicago, I had 15.4
plastered on the glass.
A fellow motioned to me, out of the tool booth(traffic crawling) to ask me if the numbers were from racing.
I replied "Yes!"
He countered " that's not that fast!"
I had to quickly keep from loosing face in front of my passengers, so I uttered the first B/S that came to mind.
I confidently retorted, "That's Bone Stock!!!" :director:

Smokie
09-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I take 'em off, I did leave all the burned rubber on my rear quarter panels.....does that count????:lol:

DEFYANT
09-17-2005, 05:17 PM
I leave them on until I feel like take'n them off.

stevengerard
09-17-2005, 06:07 PM
If I don't take them off at the track - they are off as soon as I can. To me its flaunting.

crimzon
09-17-2005, 06:23 PM
hehe, I drive home with them on, but normally wash my car the second I get home. Escpecially with all these love bugs.

MikesMerc
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
I leave em on until I wash the car at the end of the day, or the next morning. I do wash pretty soon after the track so as not to let the rubber harden on the rear qtr panels. I make no attempt to remove the numbers until then.

CRUZTAKER
09-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Mine are permanent. :coolman:

Always on the side small rear windows. I pull the windshield decals after each event.

I add a zero, 6270, if the local track gives me a hassle. Otherwise I write my own nimber on the tech slip.

I AM MM 627!

That is until Logan gives me the infamous 626 label I always wanted and missed bt 10 minutes when I first logged in.

626 is my anniversary. ;)

MarauderMark
09-17-2005, 07:46 PM
I leave them on until I feel like take'n them off.
I'm with you..:up:

mpearce
09-17-2005, 08:02 PM
If I don't take them off at the track - they are off as soon as I can. To me its flaunting.
Ditto here. Mine always come off before I leave the track. Credit card, or razor blade. Leaving them on is for street heroes and ricers...which I'm not.

-Mat

Rider90
09-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I've never hit the track...

But if I was still parking at high school, I'd leave them on. There is no reason to have them displayed at work...

BillyGman
09-18-2005, 01:50 AM
I wipe em off, but not for the reason that the poll states (which is why I didn't vote in it). I wipe off the numbers because I think it looks lousy. If my car was a trailer queen, and hardly ever driven on the street, then I'd leave the #'s on. I also can relate to Steven's comment about him not wanting to flaunt it. And besides that, if and when I do want to flaunt it, I don't need #'s on the window to do that. I'll just step on the gas pedal. That speaks volumes....... My 2 cents.