PDA

View Full Version : Leafblower's Beware!

blackf0rk
09-20-2005, 09:04 AM
So we've seen many leafblowers, fans and what-not masquerading as superchargers and turbo's on ebay, but what's the real deal?

This is just hilarious...

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-A1AD23CA9564&p=0

STLR FN
09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Guess I'm gettin a TORO.

Hotrauder
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
So we've seen many leafblowers, fans and what-not masquerading as superchargers and turbo's on ebay, but what's the real deal?

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-
A1AD23CA9564&p=0
That is a riot...the front push bar would be a likely place for a my buddy to stand with his gas powered leaf blower while we BLOW off the stop light crowd. What do you think...how many beers will it take to convince him to give it a try?
:beer:

DEFYANT
09-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Ok! Now that was funny! I cant wait to see the ricers w/ power inverters and leaf blowers. You know someone will try it!

fastblackmerc
09-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok! Now that was funny! I cant wait to see the ricers w/ power inverters and leaf blowers. You know someone will try it!
CP Racing, in Charlotte, NC is where I get my dyno pulls / tuning done. Maybe next time I'm down we'll try a leaf blower on my MM.

Cheeseheadbob
09-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Crap! I wish I would have seen this before I dropped 6K on Trilogy #103...:D

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=AB544E3B-5DFF-416D-9CFD-A1AD23CA9564&p=0

hdirish50
09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
What a bunch of tools
:stupid:

blackf0rk
09-20-2005, 11:11 AM
It really is the whole 'concept' that makes it unapealing. People associating this with 'ricers'. Individuals such as ourselves who make fun of them constantly (for all the right reasons) wouldn't and will never have anything to do with something like this.

But you do have to admit, that although it seems quite 'ricerish' - the concept/idea does work.

All you have to do is come up with a good looking package for it, a whole ton of excellent marketing schemes, and you're in the million dollar club :)

twolow
09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
The nitrous would have those gains even if you didn't blow it through a leaf blower :rolleyes:

Mike Poore
09-20-2005, 01:49 PM

For a good time, call 410 283-2440 ...ask for Lois. :pimp:

MarauderMark
09-20-2005, 03:08 PM
For a good time, call 410 283-2440 ...ask for Lois. :pimp:
I thought i saw this in the bathroom somewhere..:rofl:

Joe Walsh
09-20-2005, 03:35 PM
What a bunch of idiots...It is amazing that they didn't blow up either engine!

They were DUMPING unmetered NOS into the leaf blower!!!! :eek: :nono: :shake:
With no corresponding fuel enrichment!!!! :awe:

Can you say: "WAY TOO **** LEAN!"???

Hey Dude, It worked!!!.....ONCE.

Tick Tock Tick Tock.....BOOOOOM!

LimoMerc
09-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Get leaf blown!!!:laugh:

Oh, thank you for that.

Mike Poore
09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
What a bunch of idiots...It is amazing that they didn't blow up either engine!

They were DUMPING unmetered NOS into...!
There was a story about a couple of guys who rented a Neon and went to the track with it. The "bottle" was in the back seat tied down with the seat belt, and they routed the feed tube through the firewall and directly into the intake tube which they had slit with a razor blade. They went to the line revvved her up and cracked the valve, turning a 14 something. Next pass they opened the valve a little more and so on until they hit the high 12's with it. On the last pass they ejected a spark plug and decided they were never gonna crack the 11's anyway. They replaced the sparkplug in it's hole, removed the "bottle" and tubing, and returned the car, noting on the report that there seemed to be a "miss" of some sort.

My recollection is the article appeared in "Camaro Craft" about 12 years ago.
:burn:

ckadiddle
09-22-2005, 01:36 PM
There was a story about a couple of guys who rented a Neon and went to the track with it. The "bottle" was in the back seat tied down with the seat belt, and they routed the feed tube through the firewall and directly into the intake tube which they had slit with a razor blade. They went to the line revvved her up and cracked the valve, turning a 14 something. Next pass they opened the valve a little more and so on until they hit the high 12's with it. On the last pass they ejected a spark plug and decided they were never gonna crack the 11's anyway. They replaced the sparkplug in it's hole, removed the "bottle" and tubing, and returned the car, noting on the report that there seemed to be a "miss" of some sort.

My recollection is the article appeared in "Camaro Craft" about 12 years ago.
:burn:
Makes me wanna whistle "Pop Goes The Weasel".:D