PDA

View Full Version : D or DD

Bradley G
09-23-2005, 08:31 AM
If I buy a SS Impala, and wanted to bring the Marauder and the SS to the Heavyweight Shootout, would I tow the Marauder or tow the SS?

I do know towing the weight of another car with either, is past the Manufactures rating on tow weight. :banned:

Marauder2005
09-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Id tow the Impala, its only good for display anyway ;) ;)

Breadfan
09-23-2005, 08:37 AM
I'd tow the Marauder...the Impala has more torque and I'd rather put the strain on it. ;)

Personally my first thought is that the Impala is the better tow vehicle in terms of low end torque.

Agent M79
09-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Why oh why do I see in my head someone driving a Marauder 500 feet, getting out and running back to the SS, then driving it 500 feet past the Marauder... etc... etc...

BillyGman
09-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Why oh why do I see in my head someone driving a Marauder 500 feet, getting out and running back to the SS, then driving it 500 feet past the Marauder... etc... etc...Evidence^ of many hours watching cartoons when you were a kid. :D

Bradley G
09-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Thinking to myself:

Why didn't I think of that?
I wached plenty of tv

David Morton
09-23-2005, 10:48 AM
You tow the special car, preferably with a cover on it. Put the wear and tear on the disposable one.

Need more information? Don't ask. I try not to fraternize too much with known double agents. :lol:

Bradley G
09-24-2005, 04:48 AM
I saw a SS yesterday, with AZ plates.
The factory wheels were all wider and the car sure did not look ten years old.
It was black, even my partner, who thinks there is only one real car today, shouts out on his cell phone,"Nice car! Too bad traffic is so heavy!"I was driving one car behind .

Dan
09-24-2005, 05:42 AM
I think that the advice to tow the more special car is the best. Now, if that car is not the Marauder I would recommend that you DEFINITELY not tell us which way you decided to go. :lol:

Bradley G
09-24-2005, 05:47 AM
The cover is a fine idea Dan!
I think that the advice to tow the more special car is the best. Now, if that car is not the Marauder I would recommend that you DEFINITELY not tell us which way you decided to go. :lol:

Dan
09-24-2005, 05:50 AM
David Morton gets credit for that idea. :)

Bradley G
09-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Sorry David Morton, I stand corrected!

That is a fine idea!

chasrein01
09-24-2005, 07:05 AM
I'd tow the Marauder...the Impala has more torque and I'd rather put the strain on it. ;)

Personally my first thought is that the Impala is the better tow vehicle in terms of low end torque.
Besides, wasn't there a review out there that said the Impala was for someone who didn't care about styling? And just think about it, if it does break down, I'm sure there will be plenty of other ones made for replacement parts!

BK_GrandMarquis
09-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I saw a SS yesterday, with AZ plates.
The factory wheels were all wider and the car sure did not look ten years old.
It was black, even my partner, who thinks there is only one real car today, shouts out on his cell phone,"Nice car! Too bad traffic is so heavy!"I was driving one car behind .How about this guy?

http://www.azsupersport.com/minitub.asp

He is on the SS forum. I love the way that car looks with wide tires. :2thumbs: He's got 335's in the rear. :eek:

Bradley G
09-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Yeah BK_Grandmarquis,

Those may be wider than on the car I saw.
It does transform the look of those tubs.
While I don't think the SS can hold a candle to the Marauder in styling,
Let's face it, The menu is a bit limited for full frame rear drive V-8s.
I do like the look of a very clean 10+ year old car that goes fast!:D
For right now, I'd be luckey to get the car,Ran the idea(Shootout) past the wifester, she hates the idea:mad: .