PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Hurricane Check In

Ross
09-23-2005, 10:56 AM
To all of my old friends--- I haven't checked in much lately, but I thought I'd post and say howdy now that Hurricane Rita is blowing into my area. Keep all of us in your prayers. Remember that Jesus is an old hand at calming storms. Ross

ParkRanger
09-23-2005, 04:09 PM
To all of my old friends--- I haven't checked in much lately, but I thought I'd post and say howdy now that Hurricane Rita is blowing into my area. Keep all of us in your prayers. Remember that Jesus is an old hand at calming storms. Ross

Ross:

Reminds me of my merchant marine brother (rest his soul) who always carried a plaque which he hung on the bulkhead of each new vessel he was in. The plaque showed a vessel sinking with a lifeboat in the water carrying the crew.
Underneath it said, "Pray to God, but row to shore!"

PR :burnout:

Alan
09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Ross,

Keep us posted as soon as you can. I made it through the storm no problems. I stayed in town and rode it out. I'm VERY thankful we are okay and hope you and your family are as well.

Ross
09-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, thank the Lord, we made it through very well. A few small tree branches down in the yard, but no big limbs. Kept our electricity, but the local power company says that about 600,000 people are without power. And that's with a very minor hit. Even the beer supply held out, in spite of our best efforts to deplete it! And of course, the MM made it through without a scratch. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. Keep praying for those farther East who got the full force.

RCSignals
09-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Glad to hear all is well Ross.
You had your kilt in a safe place I hope ;)