PDA

View Full Version : What can I get for this?

Motorhead350
09-23-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm selling my V8 Chevy 350 bored to 360 along with my Vortech Supercharger that was pushing 10 p.s.i. The engine is built with forged pistons, edelbrock aluminum heads, msd box, distributer, includes 2 carbs one for the supercharger and one to function with out it..... exc and many many other things. Do you think I could get 4 grand for all of this or maybe sell the supercharger and engine seperately? I'm not posting a for sale post I just have no idea what the vaule of used performance equipment is. The supercharger has only made 5 runs and the engine parts themselves are very new as well. Any guesses? :o

ckadiddle
09-24-2005, 04:53 AM
Wish I had something to put it in!:)

Dan
09-24-2005, 05:49 AM
The best way to find out its value is to put it on eBay. Use the regional auction feature. Give it a very high reserve so that you can be sure that no one will win it. Make it a weekend auction that ends on Sunday at 9:00 PM for your time zone.

When the auction is over you will have a fair sense of what it is worth.

Make sure you use a lot of photos and a lot of documentation. Engine buyers like lots of specs and buying used engines is pretty tricky.

I don't know if any of this helps but I hope it does.

Dan

Motorhead350
09-24-2005, 10:54 PM
it does help, but I'm not completely sure on the specs which is a problem. I'll have to find out soon because people like to build their cars in the winter

Paul T. Casey
09-25-2005, 04:49 AM
The downside here is SBC motors are very buyer friendly. There's a lot of them out there, and they are reasonably cheap. That being said, i think the $4k to $5k range is the right area for you to sell this. That's provided the engine is fresh, you have the paperwork for the aftermarket parts, and that sort of thing.

Dan
09-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I am glad that it helped, even if just a bit. :)