PDA

View Full Version : First post. Ebay policies?

MeanMachine
09-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey guys,

I've been wandering around here looking at threads, and I can't wait to find a Maurader in my area to make a down payment on and start paying off. So far I found a nice looking one for 19,900. The issue now is selling my current car, which I thought I did on Ebay. My reserve was met, but it's been almost three days since the auction ended and the guy hasn't even sent me an email. That's the last time I let a 0 feedback guy bid. When people don't pay up, does ebay give you a free relisting? anyone here know? Thanks for any help, I hope to soon be posting about my Maurader rather than deadbeat bidders on EBay.

shakes_26
09-26-2005, 01:23 PM
check their policies online. Did you email the buyer? He/she may be waiting for you to contact them. WHat payment terms and time limits did you spell out in your auction?

I've succesfully sold a few cars on ebay and in every case, I spelled out the details to the letter.

fastblackmerc
09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
check their policies online. Did you email the buyer? He/she may be waiting for you to contact them. WHat payment terms and time limits did you spell out in your auction?

I've succesfully sold a few cars on ebay and in every case, I spelled out the details to the letter.
I've successfully purchased cars via eBay. No problems as long as the terms were spelled out clearly.

MarauderMark
09-26-2005, 02:11 PM
They make up a name just to do this type of :bs: on ebay.as for relisting for free , fuhgetaboutit not going to happen . but the next time put in a diaclaimer about anyone with "0" feedback to get in touch with you first before posting bid or they will be removed ..also leave bad feedback for the deadbeat so that he cannot use that name to do it again to others..Good luck.

Opps didnt see it was your first post..Welcome aboard :welcome::up:

jgc61sr2002
09-26-2005, 05:34 PM
MeanMachine - Welcome aboard. :welcome: Made several purchases on Ebay with no problems to date. I would Email th buyer and take it from there. Good luck.

hitchhiker
09-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey guys,

I've been wandering around here looking at threads, and I can't wait to find a Maurader in my area to make a down payment on and start paying off. So far I found a nice looking one for 19,900. The issue now is selling my current car, which I thought I did on Ebay. My reserve was met, but it's been almost three days since the auction ended and the guy hasn't even sent me an email. That's the last time I let a 0 feedback guy bid. When people don't pay up, does ebay give you a free relisting? anyone here know? Thanks for any help, I hope to soon be posting about my Maurader rather than deadbeat bidders on EBay.
File a non paying bidder report with ebay.

You can relist the item.

dok
09-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I sold approximately 8000 baseball cards on E-Bay (one at a time). I always sent the first email to the buyer giving him payment instructions. He may just be waiting on you.

MeanMachine
09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I should have been more specific. I've emailed him twice regarding payment and all the details including the extent I'll help him with shipping the car (I'll find phone numbers, nothing more). Thanks for the responses, I'll check Ebay Policy. If they dont let me relist for free, it seems like one could make the argument that Ebay is doing this to increase profits :nono:.